• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

o/ Ninjas

I Had fun nuking GOONS , Umbrella, PC and MK

Now time to go back to stealing items off your desk

[img]http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/ninjapunch3.gif[/img]

Edited by Drizuz

[quote name='KainIIIC' timestamp='1287542723' post='2488284']

I do hope you realize that I used the word 'reasonable' in only the most satirical and sarcastic fashion. Sure, it's not as bad as the terms on the NPO, but it seems that the popular argument of the day is either "we're not as bad as the NPO!" or, more recently, 'these reps are reasonable and merciful!' Both are full of !@#$.
[/quote]

It's pretty obvious that you were being sarcastic; the reps actually are reasonable (something NPO isn't really known for)[size="1"] Edit: By the way, you were the one who brought them up (yet again)...[/size]. The reps will most likely be paid (in full) within 2-3 weeks. The Ninjas went as far as saying reps were [i]light[/i], and they're the ones who have to pay. How is this unreasonable to you? Oh wait, GOONS is involved.

What do you think would have been fair reps in this situation? I'd really love to hear. :rolleyes:

Edited by Hereno

Glad to see this. Ninjas are good people and our allies in OMFG are top notch for giving them breathing room while they rebuild.

Congrats to all involved on a fun war. :ph34r:

Edit: To those that say that a typical 14 man alliance could never pay these kind of reps...I'm fairly certain that the ability of Ninjas to repay these reps was considered when they were offered. All in all, we have seen far far worse for far far less.

ohh and sorry, i've been informed by the peanut gallery that I left off the obligatory :(( GOONS :((

Edited by RustyNail

[quote name='KainIIIC' timestamp='1287542723' post='2488284']
touché, especially [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPWcV9KMIEU"]this guy[/url] :awesome:

I do hope you realize that I used the word 'reasonable' in only the most satirical and sarcastic fashion. Sure, it's not as bad as the terms on the NPO, but it seems that the popular argument of the day is either "we're not as bad as the NPO!" or, more recently, 'these reps are reasonable and merciful!' Both are full of !@#$.
[/quote]

Just to clarify. You're calling the Ninja's opinions "full of !@#$"? I just want to get this clarified here so there are no mistakes.

[quote name='Ejayrazz' timestamp='1287540082' post='2488211']
For those who wished to help but couldn’t because their allies told them they couldn’t -- that’s not what allies are. Allies do not dictate your sovereignty, you do.

To those who said we’re not an alliance - you’re a joke. We’re more of an alliance than many of you political players whom are practically useless as allies because you’re the fat kid with money in a candy store. Numbers do not dictate anything, hopefully some of you will realize this one day.
[/quote]

Well said. An extremely manly man.

Even the leader of the alliance said these reps were fair. Considering the size of the nations involved, they did a whole lot more damage than the number posted. A WHOLE lot more. Also, considering their warchests and ability to rebuild this will take, as already pointed out, 3 weeks to send out.

It is excellent to see peace between you two. I can't help but chuckle at those attempting to turn this into an talking point of unfair reps. If this were any normal fight in which the aggressor built up a large contingent to take on a foe with a hyped up CB and all the manufactured moral outrage that goes with it, in which the overwhelming aggressor then came to win the fight after firing the first shot, and in which the aggressor then demanded large sums to stop attacking... sure, the terms might be somewhat questionable (though I'm not really so sure about that even). But this isn't like that at all. The Ninjas came at the GOONS with a reason of, essentially, "because we wanna and we think it's right." I should hope that someone in that situation is forced to pay, and pay dearly. It's a testament to GOONS that they offered terms such as these, and a testament to the Ninjas that they accepted.

Everything just seems to have fallen into place. I love it. :smug:

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1287543047' post='2488293']
Were this a typical 14 member alliance surrendering to a much larger alliance, you would be correct. The Ninjas aren't typical, thus they should not be used as a measuring stick was what reasonable reparations should be (in reality probably $0 since a typical 14 nation alliance that's been through a major war would never come close to being able to reasonably pay any amount worth collecting).
[/quote]

I think the main difference of opinion here is that I don't like reps whatsoever, I'd rather allow people to play the game and actually take risks for once.
[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1287544114' post='2488320']
It's pretty obvious that you were being sarcastic; the reps actually are reasonable (something NPO isn't really known for)[size="1"] Edit: By the way, you were the one who brought them up (yet again)...[/size]. The reps will most likely be paid (in full) within 2-3 weeks. The Ninjas went as far as saying reps were [i]light[/i], and they're the ones who have to pay. How is this unreasonable to you? Oh wait, GOONS is involved.

What do you think would have been fair reps in this situation? I'd really love to hear. :rolleyes:
[/quote]
No reps. My position is pretty unchanging.

Not all GOONies are bad, I <3 Lamuella.

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1287544280' post='2488327']
Just to clarify. You're calling the Ninja's opinions "full of !@#$"? I just want to get this clarified here so there are no mistakes.
[/quote]

No, the Ninjas are taking what they have to for peace. It's those on the propaganda squads, like yourself, that are as quoted. Remember, this is only $25 million less than what GOONS extracted from the BiPolar conflict from far larger alliances. But again, the dribble that's supposed to be rammed into my head is that this is 'merciful, 'just' and of course 'reasonable'. I tend to disagree.

[quote name='Sceptor o Sordidness' timestamp='1287544944' post='2488342']
The Ninjas came at the GOONS with a reason of, essentially, "because we wanna and we think it's right." I should hope that someone in that situation is forced to pay, and pay dearly. It's a testament to GOONS that they offered terms such as these, and a testament to the Ninjas that they accepted.
[/quote]
What reparations do you think are appropriate?

While I'm not criticising GOONS at all here, their reasons for giving these lenient terms were not because they were not because they were feeling particularly beneficent- this was an extremely destructive and bloody war, and they wanted to get out of it as soon as possible. Perfectly understandable response though.

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1287546923' post='2488383']
While I'm not criticising GOONS at all here, their reasons for giving these lenient terms were not because they were not because they were feeling particularly beneficent- this was an extremely destructive and bloody war, and they wanted to get out of it as soon as possible. Perfectly understandable response though.
[/quote]
Not really, it's what we decided we were going to charge FnKa too, but they disbanded. It's only proper we treat them equally. We're thrilled that ninjas took the offer at least.