The Ninjas Announcement: Lowering of Swords

Ejayrazz

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1287578594' post='2488684']
People will assign those roles no matter what you say and given that the clarification you put out is "They're not our leaders," the inevitable question will be "well who is?" and taking your secretive nature into account it kind drives us into a dead end.

Regardless, I'm happy with how this ended. It took the swallowing of some pride and that's commendable.
[/quote]
My fight might be a lost one, but that doesn't mean I won't fight it.

I think that can already be seen from how this all went. :smug:

I am not truly happy on how this ended, but it was our decision and thus I'll accept it.

Edited by Ziperia

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1287540630' post='2488236']
$300 million now qualifies as lenient terms for a 14 nation alliance.

I'll make a note of it, thanks.

Ejay: Read more Tokugawa Ieyasu. Good luck rebuilding.
[/quote]

Considering I rolled into the war and hit a guy who had just taken in 15 million in aid and was sitting at DEFCON 5, my hot little 1,200 NS nation managed to lift a good 2 million off the GOONS. Which in turn funded a lot of cruise missile fun and took out at least 150 tech. So just turtling and firing cruise missiles let me up my damage total to over 5 million. I can only imagine the damage the WRC nations dishes out. War is pricey. A couple rounds of war offset by a couple rounds of aid slots seems fair.

[quote name='Ziperia' timestamp='1287578362' post='2488682']
Which is the reason I keep remanding people they are not our leaders. They are our most vocal members on OWF (apart from nutkase maybe), are considered to have good owf rep and we even let them post our topics for that simple reason. Still, it doesn't change the fact that they are not our leaders.
[/quote]
Yeah, about that. You should get your leaders to make announcements, that's how people realize that they're your leaders.

On the other hand, it might not work. It's been years since I posted an Invicta announcement, if I ever did post one. Not actually sure anymore. And people still get confused about me.

But it's worth a shot :)

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1287581367' post='2488697']
Yeah, about that. You should get your leaders to make announcements, that's how people realize that they're your leaders.

On the other hand, it might not work. It's been years since I posted an Invicta announcement, if I ever did post one. Not actually sure anymore. And people still get confused about me.

But it's worth a shot :)
[/quote]
Well, it's technically impossible, so no. :ph34r:

[quote name='Stumpy Jung Il' timestamp='1287544711' post='2488336']
Even the leader of the alliance said these reps were fair. Considering the size of the nations involved, they did a whole lot more damage than the number posted. A WHOLE lot more. Also, considering their warchests and ability to rebuild this will take, as already pointed out, 3 weeks to send out.
[/quote]
All hail the king for logic

Ninjas good show ill even tip my hat to goons on this one. 300 mill for the nations that belong to Ninjas is two to three cycles of aid. Not devestating. Ninjas did attack goons and if we are to be consistent with how we conduct buisness then GOONs are entitled to request reps. Ninjas said we're good with that and now we move on. Dont make the Ninjas efforts some political BS standing point as they surely havent. If you want to be able to !@#$%* about it do something about it. I see far too many sitting there crying about crap if you dont like it fix it or give it a try. Ninjas did and for that Ill always have a soft place for them.

I write this as a simple nation on Bob not in any official capacity for my alliance. I simply wished to express my PERSONAL opinion.

Now back to the party line :(( GOONS :((

Sorry Ziperia, I made an incorrect assumption that Ejay was the leader of Ninjas, it will not happen again. Also, a lot of the people in this thread seem to lack a real understanding in CN economics. My warchest alone is near 1 billion and I am half the size of what most of these nations where when they started. Rebuilding will not be hard for most of these guys and the reps are probably chump change.

This reminded me of the schoolboy nerd that thinks standing up to the bully works by trying to fight them. 90% of the time it doesn't work and the nerd gets his face kicked in. How does it feel to be that nerd ninja? You just fought a war to look weak and pathetic, congrats!

Don't worry Stumpy, you are not alone. While it does annoy me highly that Ejay and Eg get the credit, it is not their fault nor is it yours. As Roquentin said, it's our fault for being so secretive. Still, I like to keep correcting people when they get it wrong ^_^

[quote name='Lord Strider' timestamp='1287584838' post='2488731']
This reminded me of the schoolboy nerd that thinks standing up to the bully works by trying to fight them. 90% of the time it doesn't work and the nerd gets his face kicked in. How does it feel to be that nerd ninja? You just fought a war to look weak and pathetic, congrats!
[/quote]
And you just made yourself looke like a lame idiot. Congrats!

Edited by Ziperia

[/quote]
WOW arent you just full of !@#$. They did what many would dream of doing but would not. Im pretty sure GOONS walked away limping from this. They neither looked weak nor pathetic they took a stand and while they may have lost they did so with dignity. I look forward to when your lying on your back with a boot on your throat again.

[/quote]

I don't think that the Ninjas look weak or pathetic and i'm pretty sure not many here hold that opinion. They certainly aren't weak and were certainly not pathetic. Losing doesn't mean you are weak, it simply means that your opponent was stronger. Not all opponents will be.

[quote name='Buds The Man' timestamp='1287583382' post='2488711']
All hail the king for logic

... If you want to be able to !@#$%* about it do something about it. I see far too many sitting there crying about crap if you dont like it fix it or give it a try. Ninjas did and for that Ill always have a soft place for them. ...

[/quote]

On a personal note I will echo what Bud said. I Quoted the above part to emphasize that I tip my hat to the Ninjas. Twas fun and you brought some excitement back for a few weeks.

[quote name='Buds The Man' timestamp='1287585337' post='2488736']
Im pretty sure GOONS walked away limping from this.
[/quote]

I would have to disagree. The Ninjas and us went into the back alley, slugged it out, and walked away like men when the fight was done.

[quote name='Raider' timestamp='1287586755' post='2488750']
I would have to disagree. The Ninjas and us went into the back alley, slugged it out, and walked away like men when the fight was done.
[/quote]
my statement was to simply imply that while goons may have won the fight they knew that the Ninjas were there and were far from getting there face kicked in as Lord Strider said.

[quote name='JT Jag' timestamp='1287588208' post='2488767']
Ninjas, according to one stupid guy we're forcing you to disband in a few weeks in secret. Just putting that out there, making sure you know what the deal is.
[/quote]
Oh no! Please have mercy kind sir! :(

[quote name='Drizuz' timestamp='1287543557' post='2488305']
o/ Ninjas

I Had fun nuking GOONS , Umbrella, PC and MK

Now time to go back to stealing items off your desk

[img]http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/ninjapunch3.gif[/img]
[/quote]

Can't believe your last one went through.

:ph34r:

[quote name='JT Jag' timestamp='1287588208' post='2488767']
Ninjas, according to one stupid guy we're forcing you to disband in a few weeks in secret. Just putting that out there, making sure you know what the deal is.
[/quote]

Can you imagine how crazy Bob will go if the full peace treaty ever makes it off either of our internal forums?

I am not putting in question fairness or not, of the reps amount. I am just somewhat confused at their intended purpose.

Reps are just punitive measures, you are not getting back via them what you lost in the conflict.
[quote name='Ejayrazz' timestamp='1287540759' post='2488240']I caused 300 million in damages alone.[/quote]

So, when they are applied they are so the opponent be kept down more in relation to you, so to further minimize the threat he posses to you.
But, I don't believe this really applies here. I am sure that GOONS know how they cant get back what they lost in this skirmish, only a minor fraction, and also I am sure they don't feel threaten by the Ninjas to feel the need to keep them down as much as possible-- to inflict really punitive terms. Also I doubt they really hate them enough for that. And, I feel by their decisive victory on the battle field, they did hurt, damaged Ninjas enough for their act of aggression on them.

I also feel that they did this to end a fight that only hurt them on the PR field, somewhat. So to minimize the damage done there. So, why even ask for any reps, considering this all, it just opens another can of worms,....

This lesson is not only one I feel GOONS here failed, but historically my alliance too (before somebody yells NPO evilz huuurrr durrrr). I think its time to learn this lesson, of when asking for any reps just doesn't accomplish anything, and finally end the practice.

[quote name='Branimir' timestamp='1287590131' post='2488777']
I am not putting in question fairness or not, of the reps amount. I am just somewhat confused at their intended purpose.

Reps are just punitive measures, you are not getting back via them what you lost in the conflict.

So, when they are applied they are so the opponent be kept down more in relation to you, so to further minimize the threat he posses to you.
But, I don't believe this really applies here. I am sure that GOONS know how they cant get back what they lost in this skirmish, only a minor fraction, and also I am sure they don't feel threaten by the Ninjas to feel the need to keep them down as much as possible-- to inflict really punitive terms. Also I doubt they really hate them enough for that. And, I feel by their decisive victory on the battle field, they did hurt, damaged Ninjas enough for their act of aggression on them.

I also feel that they did this to end a fight that only hurt them on the PR field, somewhat. So to minimize the damage done there. So, why even ask for any reps, considering this all, it just opens another can of worms,....

This lesson is not only one I feel GOONS here failed, but historically my alliance too (before somebody yells NPO evilz huuurrr durrrr). I think its time to learn this lesson, of when asking for any reps just doesn't accomplish anything, and finally end the practice.
[/quote]

I'd guess, and I say GUESS, cause I don't know the true intent, but this money sent to our smaller nations could be put to very good and productive use, as opposed to one of our larger nations who will be rebuilt fairly shortly on our own will. The amount of reps I would need to recover my losses is more than I could reasonably expect to support with 6 aid slots over several months. Factor in the total losses of our top 30 nations or so that withstood the brunt of these two attacks its in the tens of billions.

The reps in my mind are not to punish anyone (our allies did that), but to continue to build our smaller nations. Something our larger nations can't exactly accomplish on their own since we are so bottom heavy, and apparently going to be constantly under fire while attempting to get our tech/strength levels up to par.

$3mil dongs goes a long way at the 1k infra level. And most of those nations weren't hit by this war. So it makes sense, to me, to give what are considered light reps, not to punish or recover losses necessarily, but to find a benefit to the alliance nonetheless.