The Opening of Pandora's Box

Monster

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='kerschbs' timestamp='1286921208' post='2482889']
I personally like VE, and a lot of their members. However, I have a pretty strong dislike for most of the other members of this bloc, minus FOK, who I'm neutral on. If PB wants to make things interesting, they should drop all their outside PB treaties. That'll never happen though, so CN looks like it just got even more boring for the future.

Edit: Also, if GATO has any balls left, I would expect them to cancel on VE.
[/quote]

GATO should just throw away good friends so the rest of us can argue back and forth who was right. That makes absolutely no sense. I love you Krabs, but this comment was just stupid.

[quote name='Chron' timestamp='1286919321' post='2482847']
All that'd needed is for me to hijack control, and set things up, and Im sure I can put together a long-term strategy capable of sending you all back to the dog house.
[/quote]

What can we do to help?

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1286913213' post='2482740']
May I propose a simpler definition of hegemony

Being in power

And let me propose a definition of being a ebil hegemony.

Being in power and being an ass.

However, I do agree that the alliances involved in these three blocs will likely be in less harmony with one another than before this bloc. This of course being as result of the the existence of this bloc and the events of the past few weeks.
[/quote]
Neither of your definitions of hegemony are remotely correct.

Hegemony, at its simplest definition, means being in power without having to fear opposition due to the sheer gap of power between you and any opponents. In this game "ebil hegemony" means being remotely ahead of the other side and not being on their side. Everyone who !@#$%*es about the so called Hegemony at this moment are both incompetent because they have been completely incapable of forming an opposition and hypocritical because many of them thrived under NPO when they legitimately DID have a Hegemony (see: MCXA).

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1286917556' post='2482815']
There's plenty of sloppy wording that will be troublesome in certain situations. The area on amendments is surprisingly crummy.
[/quote]
Does that mean we can look forward to plenty of baawing and e-lawyering whenever anything remotely interesting happens?

[quote]Hegemony, at its simplest definition, means being in power without having to fear opposition due to the sheer gap of power between you and any opponents.[/quote]
That's a very good short form. Hopefully everyone reads it and remembers it. If PB, SF and C&G were in fact one megabloc, then we would be in a hegemonic position. But we're not, as was pointed out earlier we don't have any shared members (like Continuum/One Vision) or major interconnected treaties. (Pretty much everyone was treatied to the Continuum; not that many people are directly treatied to PB.) If you persist in believing in the old world dichotomy of 'NPO vs LUE' then sure, the 'LUE' side – everything that isn't a close friend of NPO – is huge, overbearing and hegemonic. But things aren't like that any more.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1286922259' post='2482903']
GATO should just throw away good friends so the rest of us can argue back and forth who was right. That makes absolutely no sense. I love you Krabs, but this comment was just stupid.
[/quote]

Yea I rescind my comment. Completely forgot about the Athens-PC MADP, so omni just killed my argument on irc. Apologies to PB members, good luck to you all I guess.

Edited by kerschbs

[quote name='kerschbs' timestamp='1286923752' post='2482924']
Yea I rescind my comment. Completely forgot about the Athens-PC MADP, so omni just killed my argument on irc. Apologies to PB members, good luck to you all I guess.
[/quote]

That's ok Krabs you're still a good guy :)

[quote name='kerschbs' timestamp='1286921208' post='2482889']
If PB wants to make things interesting, they should drop all their outside PB treaties. That'll never happen though, so CN looks like it just got even more boring for the future.
[/quote]

Too late to change our minds now, we got the stationary all made up and it says PB on it not GUARD.

[quote name='AAAAAAAAAAGGGG' timestamp='1286924430' post='2482940']
We're the peanut butter between the SF and CnG slices of bread.
[/quote]

Must resist urge to make sandwich jokes....

[quote name='AAAAAAAAAAGGGG' timestamp='1286924430' post='2482940']
We're the peanut butter between the SF and CnG slices of bread.
[/quote]

If you really want to dispel the Hegemony crap, comments like this coming from within your faction really don't help. Otherwise, you'd might as well stop getting your hands in the air over anyone else making the connection.

[quote name='Teddyyo' timestamp='1286917467' post='2482811']
So one of the reasons you hate Viridia is that you can't predict its every move like the 'normal' alliances?

I'd say that's more of an advantage, Schatt :)
[/quote]
We don't need to predict when your moves are leaked to the OWF weeks before you make them :smug:

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1286926618' post='2482982']
We don't need to predict when your moves are leaked to the OWF weeks before you make them :smug:
[/quote]
The stuff you guys are up to is totally lock and key though, I'm jealous.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1286910916' post='2482700']
Considering the word is 'threat', not really, no.

And oh yeah, best bloc ever itt. I'm looking forward to getting to know the alliances in this bloc that I haven't had much contact with so far and I'm glad to be working with alliances I already know and trust.
[/quote]
Goddammit, I knew I would mess up something.

Oh well.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1286922643' post='2482909']
What can we do to help?
[/quote]
No idea, unfortunately I don't have my fingers in enough pies to draw the disparate opposition groups under my control.

A person can't win a game of chess without knowing what pieces he has to work with, or if his pieces aren't interested in doing what he tells them, etc.

Edited by Chron