The Opening of Pandora's Box

Monster

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1286905929' post='2482621']
These are all things our enemies are doing, not the other way around. Oh, and demanding unreasonable reps and planting dummy alliances as traps.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]EoG lists, $90 mil in extortion money for $4.5 mil for aid sent to a rogue... Not to say people should send aid to a rogue, but GOONS is not an alliance that has any room to speak on the subject on "unreasonable reps." You're far from innocent. And do you wish to tell me who any of your critics have curb stomped? I doubt you'll find anyone, valid CB or not. It just hasn't happened. Nor will you find any of your critics raising the bar for what "qualifies" as an alliance in order to justify an increasing lust for blood. Again, that is all on you.[/color]

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1286904554' post='2482599']
I also do hope someone forms some sort of opposition to my supposed side.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]NPO had a similar line, but they never wanted a real opposition, and neither do you and yours. No one wants to give up the kind of power you have. If you want an opposition, give people a reason to oppose you.[/color]

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1286906204' post='2482626']
I'd say the year of stagnation, at the very least, caused by Pandora's very existance will not easily be counteracted by the few months, at the very most, caused by its fall. While the inevitable collapse will be a brief spark, it is a long, long, long way away. I doubt you'll find many who will agree that it is worth months of waiting. No, what we're more likely to have is at least a year of nothingness and political stagnation, with a few curb stomps thrown in here and there, mixed with more nothingness. In other words, a Pax Pandora.[/color]
[/quote]

Well, pick what you want. Do you want Pandora's Box running around declaring war on people willy nilly CB or not, or do you want to wait for those who oppose us to put something together to attack us? Anyone in power could make things fun, and fast, it would just involve a lot of wars and a lot of angry people. Not what we're all about.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1286905929' post='2482621']
These are all things our enemies are doing, not the other way around.
[/quote]Really? We're committing PZI, an act none of us have the resources to accomplish, we're requiring 15-20 nations before we recognize an alliance as legitimate?

And you think the war against GOONS was going to result in you receiving a curbie? I thought you were bragging you were going to easily win just a few days ago.

Or did it just become more convenient for you to play the victim in this context? Poor GOONS, nothing more than a leading member of the most powerful bloc in the world, how terrible life must be for you!

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1286906606' post='2482630']
Well, pick what you want. Do you want Pandora's Box running around declaring war on people willy nilly CB or not, or do you want to wait for those who oppose us to put something together to attack us? Anyone in power could make things fun, and fast, it would just involve a lot of wars and a lot of angry people. Not what we're all about.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Actually I wouldn't mind you attacking willy nilly with no reason at all. Sure, people may be angry, but I could care less. Anything is better than you simply sitting around making sure that nothing happens so that you remain on top indefinitely.[/color]

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1286904554' post='2482599']
I may not be Pacifica's biggest fan but the way they kept their #1 spot for so long is something that can only be respected. Even if they did play dirty now and then. I also do hope someone forms some sort of opposition to my supposed side.
[/quote]
Get used to stagnation, no one is going to oppose the 3 power blocks and hundred plus allys when a huge curbstomp and 6 months to a year of reps is the reward.

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1286907112' post='2482636']
[color="#0000FF"]Actually I wouldn't mind you attacking willy nilly with no reason at all. Sure, people may be angry, but I could care less. Anything is better than you simply sitting around making sure that nothing happens so that you remain on top indefinitely.[/color]
[/quote]

Just so long as you don't make NSO admit defeat after you roll them.

/me ducks

Lines being drawn, etc...

The GOP isn't much for political entanglements, but we're happy to see our Green brothers in VE progressing their foreign affairs initiatives to their liking. Plus, the OP art is really cool :)

o/ Green
o/ UJA
o/ VE

Edited by Rooman33

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1286907180' post='2482637']
Get used to stagnation, no one is going to oppose the 3 power blocks and hundred plus allys when a huge curbstomp and 6 months to a year of reps is the reward.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Alterego does bring up a valid point. Like with the NPO, the deterrents to opposition are great. For many, living under your rule is much preferable than the consequences of trying to free oneself from it. NPO, the largest alliance out there, and the most powerful, was reduced to nothing. It has rebounded only enough to be as relevant as the GPA. Think what that means for the rest of us.[/color]

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1286906613' post='2482631']
Really? We're committing PZI, an act none of us have the resources to accomplish, we're requiring 15-20 nations before we recognize an alliance as legitimate?

And you think the war against GOONS was going to result in you receiving a curbie? I thought you were bragging you were going to easily win just a few days ago.

Or did it just become more convenient for you to play the victim in this context? Poor GOONS, nothing more than a leading member of the most powerful bloc in the world, how terrible life must be for you!
[/quote]

Careful, your mascara is going to start to run. :(

Oh great... another bloc that is simply adding to the power of the top. If you wanted to shake things up then why make the SF/CnG side of the web more powerful? sure I guess you guys aren't technically tied to SF/CnG but the treaty web states otherwise, and all this does is simply push the world towards a one sided power with a longer period of peace. Sure I guess peace is good, but all this will do it kill more nations, and cause more nations to start dropping nukes randomly. I honestly wouldn't be very surprised if most of those nukes started dropping on your nations, and I wouldn't be very surprised if more nations started aiding those people dropping the nukes on you.

You know, I honestly think it's time for a group like Vox to enter the world scene and start tearing down all the power that this group of power blocs has built. Competition is what makes this game interesting, and it's time that people can stop fearing a curbstomp and time to start fighting some wars.

[quote name='Earogema' timestamp='1286910554' post='2482694']
You will regret this.

(Oh God, that was my first veiled thread, did I do good?)
[/quote]

Considering the word is 'threat', not really, no.

And oh yeah, best bloc ever itt. I'm looking forward to getting to know the alliances in this bloc that I haven't had much contact with so far and I'm glad to be working with alliances I already know and trust.

[quote name='Earogema' timestamp='1286910554' post='2482694']
(Oh God, that was my first veiled thread, did I do good?)[/quote]
The thread-threat thing wasn't bad.

Edit: I thought it was intentional.

Edited by Tautology

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1286906050' post='2482622']
'NoCB' is a misnomer, because the main show was the coalition vs. BLEU, not GGA's little side project, which admittedly was stupid. The whole war was renamed post-Karma as a propaganda tool to demonize NPO, to provide a moral contrast to excuse yourselves from the acts which you commit.
[/quote]
It has always been the NoCB war to those of us who were drawn to the conflict that GGA and Valhalla started.