GOONS owes me $90,000,000

Schattenmann

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1283819273' post='2444569']

Now, how many of you who are so concerned with NSO's aid activities will rush to ensure that Justitia is done justice?
[/quote]
Look at everyone rush to help, its a stampede!!!!!!!! :smug:

You'll get $0 for this remarkable wall of words Schatt.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1283822018' post='2444616']
GOONS will not pay one cent, we all know why, but a "well done" to Schatt for pointing out the hypocrisy where it exists.
[/quote]

I will pay this levied fine in $1 increments to one person over the course of 900 million days.

I suspect the eventual price the GOONS will have to pay due to their activities and hypocrisy will exceed the $90,000,000 requested in this instance. Alas, I doubt that a payout will come to benefit the Cult in the near future. Still, well written and well reasoned. Here's to hoping the scales are balanced sooner rather than later.

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1283822012' post='2444615']
Look at everyone rush to help, its a stampede!!!!!!!! :smug:

You'll get $0 for this remarkable wall of words Schatt.
[/quote]

Schatt may have used a lot of words, Fernando, but every single one of them rings true. I for one applaud both his honesty and eloquence. It's a very nice change from your incoherent drivel.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1283819273' post='2444569']

Not only that, GOONS has attacked our protectorate, U.S.S.R. despite [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=89637&view=findpost&p=2388008&hl=&fromsearch=1"]an OWF announcement[/url], [url="http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/U.S.S.R."]wiki entry[/url], and the protectorate being listed on GOONS own [url="http://cngoons.com/Board/index.php?topic=2882.0"]No Attack List[/url].
[IMG]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff246/cndump/USSRraid.jpg[/IMG]

[/quote]
Hey buddy we tried to pay out reps for that one, but he never accepted the offer so I canceled it (I waited a week).

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1283820835' post='2444593']
Crying and making a mega wall of words will stop GOONS for sure this time :rolleyes:

Schatt, do something real about it. Go on the battlefield with your anger or shut up.
[/quote]
Say how well did that work out for you btw? Looking at your nation I'm guessing the purchase soldiers button is broken? :awesome:

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1283822954' post='2444637']
Hey buddy we tried to pay out reps for that one, but he never accepted the offer so I canceled it (I waited a week).
[/quote]

How much was being offered in reps, dare I ask?

[quote name='Ferrozoica Hive' timestamp='1283823151' post='2444640']
How much was being offered in reps, dare I ask?
[/quote]
Does it matter? The fact that reps were offered on the table for a week, more than enough time for any leader to accept said reps, and were not accepted, moots the whole point.

[quote name='Choson' timestamp='1283823511' post='2444648']
Does it matter? The fact that reps were offered on the table for a week, more than enough time for any leader to accept said reps, and were not accepted, moots the whole point.
[/quote]

It actually does matter - just because the other person is slow to take the offered monies doesn't mean you're absolved of your debts. As a nation engaged in the dealing of tech to others I doubt they'd be pleased if I simply refused to forward them the tech they paid for because they were slow to accept it. There are a variety of reasons a national ruler might be slow to accept the offer, something which should prompt the offering ruler to consult higher government.

And, again, what amount of compensation was being offered? If it were a significant amount I'd like to think the GOONS would have the wherewithal to consult Cult government rather than just sling money at a nation, walk away and consider the matter closed without some sort of approved discussion.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1283822954' post='2444637']
[/quote]
I will say it's entirely [i]possible[/i] that an attempt to pay was made; however, this is the first I've heard since we agreed on it.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1283824025' post='2444661']
I will say it's entirely [i]possible[/i] that an attempt to pay was made; however, this is the first I've heard since we agreed on it.
[/quote]
Not our problem, we tried to pay, he's probably gone inactive.

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='Ferrozoica Hive' timestamp='1283823985' post='2444659']
It actually does matter - just because the other person is slow to take the offered monies doesn't mean you're absolved of your debts. As a nation engaged in the dealing of tech to others I doubt they'd be pleased if I simply refused to forward them the tech they paid for because they were slow to accept it. There are a variety of reasons a national ruler might be slow to accept the offer, something which should prompt the offering ruler to consult higher government.

And, again, what amount of compensation was being offered? If it were a significant amount I'd like to think the GOONS would have the wherewithal to consult Cult government rather than just sling money at a nation, walk away and consider the matter closed without some sort of approved discussion.
[/quote]
This is literally how the negotiations went for that incident, the amount was his idea anyway:

<Beefspari[GOONS]> I'll suspend him from raiding and get him to peace.
<Schattenmann> Some amount of restitution would also be appropriate.
<Beefspari[GOONS]> He looks pretty small, how much do you want?
<Schattenmann> Not more than 1m
<Schattenmann> 500k-1m
<Beefspari[GOONS]> That seems fine.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1283824114' post='2444664']
Not our problem, we tried to pay, he's probably going to delete anyway.
[/quote]
Oh, yes, I'll be [i]knocked. on. my. ass.[/i] if the nation you first pounded on for a week in your war with a micro that dared to defend itself, then raided again suddenly ceases to exist 25 days after GOONS came knocking a second time.

Generally I agree with you Schattenman, and I won't comment on the GOONS raiding your protectorate issue as I tend to agree that what is good for the goose is good for the gander, but I will say that I disagree that because 3m or any amount of aid to a combatant is not enough to turn the tide of war, it should be ignored.

The principle is that allowing your enemies to receive aid could EVENTUALLY result in turning a tide, especially if it allows them to get out of bill lock or buy another nuke (or infra to get them back over 1k, or whatever), and so examples do need to be made and penance paid. Things left unchecked eventually run rampant, as we know all too well in this world.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1283824478' post='2444672']
This is literally how the negotiations went for that incident, the amount was his idea anyway:

<Beefspari[GOONS]> I'll suspend him from raiding and get him to peace.
<Schattenmann> Some amount of restitution would also be appropriate.
<Beefspari[GOONS]> He looks pretty small, how much do you want?
<Schattenmann> Not more than 1m
<Schattenmann> 500k-1m
<Beefspari[GOONS]> That seems fine.
[/quote]

But CoJ is not seeking more reps. They are seeking punitive damages to create a large enough monetary penalty to correct your unfortunate habit of raiding protected targets.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1283824551' post='2444673']
Oh, yes, I'll be [i]knocked. on. my. ass.[/i] if the nation you first pounded on for a week in your war with a micro that dared to defend itself, then raided again suddenly ceases to exist 25 days after GOONS came knocking a second time.
[/quote]
Your attempt at character assassination does nothing to remove the fact that we attempted to make amends for our mistake.