GOONS owes me $90,000,000

Schattenmann

[quote name='Chron' timestamp='1284195376' post='2449683']Not my words. GOONS members have been saying themselves that they'd have found out about Dopp's secret aid without Fernando's tip off. Unless you're saying they were lying?[/quote]
Oh there's no question they would have found out eventually. There aren't too many people with FACs that also have the motive to aid Fernando.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Voytek' timestamp='1284195917' post='2449688']
Oh there's no question they would have found out eventually. There aren't too many people with FACs that also have the motive to aid Fernando.
[/quote]
Who aided Fernando now? We were discussing the aid Doppelganger sent to Methrage. I don't think anyone would have particularly cared about sending aid to Fernando before these events.

So...Yeah. In the [i]context[/i] of the current discussion, what you just said really doesnt make any sense. Which is, to say, Doppelganger did not aid Fernando in such a way as to demand massive reparations from said Doppelganger.

Edited by Chron

[quote name='Chron' timestamp='1284195376' post='2449683']
Not my words. GOONS members have been saying themselves that they'd have found out about Dopp's secret aid without Fernando's tip off. Unless you're saying they were lying?
[/quote]
In the DoW GOONS made on me Corninan made a comment about the thread reminding him he has a FAC as well, so that's all they had to base suspicions on before Fernando's tip, which wouldn't of been enough to justify them using spy operations on you guys or convince you guys to let them do it.

[quote name='Chron' timestamp='1284198464' post='2449697']
Who aided Fernando now? We were discussing the aid Doppelganger sent to Methrage. I don't think anyone would have particularly cared about sending aid to Fernando before these events.

So...Yeah. In the [i]context[/i] of the current discussion, what you just said really doesnt make any sense. Which is, to say, Doppelganger did not aid Fernando in such a way as to demand massive reparations from said Doppelganger.
[/quote]
Do you often take an obvious case of mixed-up names and run with it for the entirety of a post? Clearly you think it's pretty clever, being so pedantic.

[quote name='Chron' timestamp='1284198464' post='2449697']

[/quote]It's me. I'm aiding Fernando.

[quote name='Chron' timestamp='1284195376' post='2449683']
Who's been arguing that?
[/quote]

This entire thread is exactly about this.

Trying to say that the actions of a noob (who was even in our Stupid Newbie AA) equals the same actions as a [b]4 year old player[/b].

This isn't even close to true, and you know it, but the world just wants to be :(( GOONS :((

[quote name='Chron' timestamp='1284191412' post='2449654']
He thought he wouldn't get caught.

Clearly on the same level of forethought as someone knowingly raiding a protected nation when informed beforehand that there were regulations that the alliance enforced. If being a newbie is defined by making mistakes of ignorance, then by that definition, Doppelganger also made a newbie mistake.
[/quote]

I guess you're a newbie too then if you expect anyone to fall for this?

[quote name='Voytek' timestamp='1284201975' post='2449708']
Do you often take an obvious case of mixed-up names and run with it for the entirety of a post? Clearly you think it's pretty clever, being so pedantic.
[/quote]
Considering the last argument you put forth was trying to redefine the terms of the discussion around the differentiating of the definitions of "relevance" and "influence", I apologize for jumping to conclusions regarding you attempting a similar strategy in the comment I quoted.

I suppose it was wrong of me to expect individuals to knowingly keep track of a discussion they themselves tried to call me out on not paying attention to.
[quote]This entire thread is exactly about this.

Trying to say that the actions of a noob (who was even in our Stupid Newbie AA) equals the same actions as a 4 year old player.

This isn't even close to true, and you know it, but the world just wants to be :(( GOONS :(([/quote]If the discussion was always about that, I apologize, I interpreted the discussion as being about the nature of hypocrisy for this situation, and applied that to GOONS professed standards. I am willing to admit I may be wrong, however, if I am indeed so.
[quote]
I guess you're a newbie too then if you expect anyone to fall for this?[/quote]I believe your sarcasm detector is broken. A pity.
[quote]Well to bad. He made a gamble and he lost...big. Quit your complaining.

[/quote]Where have I been complaining? There's nothing wrong with hypocrisy when it comes to politics. Simply taking note of the fact that hypocrisy has been shown is not equivalent to weeping great big tears of anguish and sorrow.

That's quite the stretch you're making there.

[quote name='Andy P' timestamp='1284121542' post='2448771']
2nd package (or maybe even only after the 2nd). One could say the 2nd package shouldn't have been sent in that case, but honestly: who checks whether your tech deal partner had gone rogue since your last sent tech package?
[/quote]
Competent tech sellers check the war screens of their tech buyers before sending aid. I did this every time when I sent tech, years ago when I was a tech seller.

[quote name='Chron' timestamp='1284255011' post='2450394']

I believe your sarcasm detector is broken. A pity.

[/quote]

This forum is nothing but spin, half truths, misrepresentation, semantics nitpicking, and outright lies. You need a sarcasm detector powered by NASA and the Pentagon to weed out the sarcastic posts from the sincere.

[quote name='Tungsten' timestamp='1284193748' post='2449673']
I too can compare apples and oranges, because they are totally the same because *gasp* [faux-surprise/epiphany]THEY ARE BOTH FRUIT[/faux-surprise/epiphany]

I know we're all supposed to fall along our divisions and mindlessly agree with the point based on who the target of the thread is... really? The complaints in this thread not are not only barely logical, but go against years of precedent as to the relationship between alliance standing and accountability.

I mean really, holding Random-N00b® from GOONS and Dopp from NSO to the same standard of knowledge/accountability/general-planetbob-savior-faire is absurd. Are they both in the wrong? Yes. Should GOONS pay the [b]previously agreed upon reps[/b]? Yes. Is Dopp still an idiot for doing something stupid then being caught in a lie? Yes. Should this thread have ended about 10 pages ago? Yes. Is it absurd that I even have to make this post? Yes. [ooc]Would I continue this rant if my girlfriend wasn't yelling at me to come back to bed? Yes.[/ooc] Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.
[/quote]

It's been a long time since I saw the ScotchWithRocks Defense[sup]TM[/sup] employed:
[IMG]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff246/cndump/scotch.jpg[/IMG]
And "girlfriends"

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1284312543' post='2451118']
It's been a long time since I saw the ScotchWithRocks Defense[sup]TM[/sup] employed:
[IMG]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff246/cndump/scotch.jpg[/IMG]
And "girlfriends"
[/quote]

Well, you responded to him pointing out the fact that you misconstrued an analogy by misconstruing an analogy and not actually addressing the misconstrued analogy that he pointed out in the first place. Interesting, particularly in the light of the fact that his post is days old and there are many other posts since then which would give you an opportunity to defend your position.

I dare say you are on the verge of loosing your touch lately, Schattenmann (I do hope that's not the case though, you're amusing).

Edited by Il Impero Romano