GOONS owes me $90,000,000

Schattenmann

[quote name='Grumpdogg' timestamp='1283828674' post='2444765']
Did you read the OP? Did you read anything? You cannot comprehend something that was never read.
[/quote]

Um... yeah, I did. Where does it mention that Schatt asked GOONS for $90m in reps when the examples he listed happened? I don't see it. Furthermore, those example occurred well over a month ago. If Schatt did ask for reps then, so be it. He certainly can't ask for them now.

For the most recent raid, that was over a week ago, so it may be more negotiable. But I am neither GOONS nor CoJ, once again, just giving my opinion.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1283828935' post='2444771']
On the contrary, I think it's up to all of us to decide. I thought we had all decided two years ago, actually. But it looks like most of us forgot.
[/quote]

Schatt, I personally aided you during Karma... I know what I fought for. Some people are just never happy.

[quote name='Kevin McDonald' timestamp='1283828997' post='2444773']
Um... yeah, I did. Where does it mention that Schatt asked GOONS for $90m in reps when the examples he listed happened? I don't see it. Furthermore, those example occurred well over a month ago. If Schatt did ask for reps then, so be it. He certainly can't ask for them now.

For the most recent raid, that was over a week ago, so it may be more negotiable. But I am neither GOONS nor CoJ, once again, just giving my opinion.
[/quote]

We're not talking about reps, we're talking about holding GOONS to the same standard that they hold other alliances.

Another awful attempt at elawyering by Schattenman, complete with even more terrible attempts at humor using images. There are so many logical holes in your argument it's ridiculous. Every single comparison you try to make is faulty because none of the incidents are remotely the same unless you paint them with incredibly broad strokes.

I'd like to say I'm surprised by how the great Schattenman has stooped to such levels of intellectual dishonesty, but alas, I'm not.

Edited by Biazt

I have been given authorization by the GOONS government to confirm that we would be willing to authorize further negotiations regarding Schattenmann's grievance.

Or we would, had we not pledged Corinan's 90 million dollar reparations towards a series of no-kill animal shelters. And, alas, we lack the funds otherwise.

How about we put the donation in CoJ's name and call it even, friends?

Did CoJ ask for reps after these incidents? Did they do anything at all?
As Kevin said, either way it's kind of too late to do anything at all.

Heres the difference about why GOON's can mandate 90 mil reps and CoJ can't. GOON's likes war, CoJ doesn't (from what I can tell anyways).

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1283829132' post='2444778']
We're not talking about reps, we're talking about holding GOONS to the same standard that they hold other alliances.
[/quote]

Actually, Schatt asked me specifically if I thought GOONS owed CoJ $90m. I responded to that question. If CoJ asked GOONS for $90m, and GOONS agreed to it, then yes, they owe it. See, this time around, GOONS asked NSO for $90m, and NSO agreed. That would be holding GOONS to the same standard.

[quote name='Kevin McDonald' timestamp='1283829416' post='2444784']
Actually, Schatt asked me specifically if I thought GOONS owed CoJ $90m. I responded to that question. If CoJ asked GOONS for $90m, and GOONS agreed to it, then yes, they owe it. See, this time around, GOONS asked NSO for $90m, and NSO agreed. That would be holding GOONS to the same standard.
[/quote]

Do you honestly think GOONS would have not done anything had NSO not paid the $90mil?

And if you say yes then I think this conversation is done :v:

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1283829518' post='2444787']
Do you honestly think GOONS would have not done anything had NSO not paid the $90mil?

And if you say yes then I think this conversation is done :v:
[/quote]

What does that matter? I really don't understand where you are going with that line of questioning.

[quote name='Biazt' timestamp='1283829210' post='2444780']
Another awful attempt at elawyering by Schattenman, complete with even more terrible attempts at humor using images. There are so many logical holes in your argument it's ridiculous. Every single comparison you try to make is faulty because none of the incidents are remotely the same unless you paint them with an incredibly broad stroke.

I'd like to say I'm surprised by how the great Schattenman has stooped to such levels of intellectual dishonesty, but alas, I'm not.
[/quote]

At the moment a lot of people seem to agree that the incidents are similar, so can you please outline some of the "logical holes" for our benefit?

[quote name='Kevin McDonald' timestamp='1283829049' post='2444774']
Schatt, I personally aided you during Karma... I know what I fought for. Some people are just never happy.
[/quote]
I will never be happy with hypocrisy or the sort of behavior you aided me against, and will almost certainly speak out about it when I encounter it.

[quote name='Kevin McDonald' timestamp='1283829416' post='2444784']
[/quote]
I was being cute. This is a philosophical topic.

[quote name='Kevin McDonald' timestamp='1283829595' post='2444791']
What does that matter? I really don't understand where you are going with that line of questioning.
[/quote]
It matters because anybody who takes everything someone says at face value... well, they don't deserve to have anything explained to them.

[quote name='Kevin McDonald' timestamp='1283829750' post='2444795']
Then tell your lapdogs to stop arguing semantics.
[/quote]
[There was an uncalled-for cheapshot at a third-party enabler alliance here that I'm taking back.]

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Grumpdogg' timestamp='1283829600' post='2444792']
At the moment a lot of people seem to agree that the incidents are similar, so can you please outline some of the "logical holes" for our benefit?
[/quote]
Most of the people posting here are the same people I'd expect to agree with nearly anything Schattenman says, so I'm not too concerned about that.

For your benefit: if some people here actually decided to use their brains and investigate a bit further instead of blindly following what Schattenman says based on their position in treaty web they would see that the incidents Schattenman is using to try to prove his points are nowhere near the same as the problems we've had with Corinan and Methrage. The first two are simply completed tech deals where the last 50 tech packages coincided with when Smacky went rogue. The third [b]spectacular[/b] example is a brand new nation, less than 40 days old in our recruitment AA making a simple raiding mistake.

Of course Schattenman thinks this is comparable to the former second in command at NSO (who stills holds an advisory position in government) sending 4.5m of secret aid to a known nuclear rogue at war with GOONS, and then gloats about it until a spy report is finally generated; especially after an explicit announcement was made by us about aiding him.

Edited by Biazt

[quote name='Biazt' timestamp='1283831252' post='2444831']
Most of the people posting here are the same people I'd expect to agree with nearly anything Schattenman says, so I'm not too concerned about that.

For your benefit: if some people here actually decided to use their brains and investigate a bit further instead of blindly following what Schattenman says based on their position in treaty web they would see that the incidents Schattenman is using to try to prove his points are nowhere near the same as the problems we've had with Corinan and Methrage. The first two are simply completed tech deals where the last 50 tech packages coincided with when Smacky went rogue. The third [b]spectacular[/b] example is a brand new nation, less than 40 days old in our recruitment AA making a simple raiding mistake.

Of course Schattenman thinks this is comparable to the former second in command at NSO (who stills holds an advisory position in government) sending 4.5m of secret aid to a known nuclear rogue at war with GOONS, especially after an explicit announcement was made by us about aiding him.
[/quote]

One of the beautiful things about the different way I do things is that the whole "blindly following what Schattenman says based on their position in treaty web" is that we're not positioned in the treaty web where I get a horde of hailtards from the major blocs or even any major alliances. We've got three optional treaties with two alliances under 50 members and one alliance that is dead. None of them has posted in this thread.

The agreement you're seeing? That's because I'm right despite a lack of might.

And like I said, the leader of an alliance launching nukes during a declared war isn't a "rogue."

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1283831911' post='2444842']
One of the beautiful things about the different way I do things is that the whole "blindly following what Schattenman says based on their position in treaty web" is that we're not positioned in the treaty web where I get a horde of hailtards from the major blocs or even any major alliances. We've got three optional treaties with two alliances under 50 members and one alliance that is dead. None of them has posted in this thread.

The agreement you're seeing? That's because I'm right despite a lack of might.

And like I said, the leader of an alliance launching nukes during a declared war isn't a "rogue."
[/quote]
Instead of giving me an Rebel Virginia diatribe about how spectacular you are perhaps you should focus on constructing a coherent argument about the subject at hand?

Edit: It took me a while to find that this actually seems to be your argument:
[quote]And like I said, the leader of an alliance launching nukes during a declared war isn't a "rogue."[/quote]
If this is what your huge OP argument boils down to it's just hilarious. I'm not even going to bother to reply to it since it's been done so many times before.

Edited by Biazt

Welp you did it Schattenmann, you got GOONS (and GOONS gov at that) to reply to your obvious smear thread seriously, congratulations. To the OP, I say:

[IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/34qp9a0.jpg[/IMG]

Edited by Mandolus

[quote name='Mandolus' timestamp='1283832365' post='2444853']
Welp you did it Schattenmann, you got GOONS (and GOONS gov at that) to reply to your obvious bait thread seriously, congratulations. To the OP, I say:

[img]http://i55.tinypic.com/34qp9a0.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

LOL WIN! [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/lol1.gif[/img]

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1283828935' post='2444771']
On the contrary, I think it's up to all of us to decide. I thought we had all decided two years ago, actually. But it looks like most of us forgot.
[/quote]

We all didn't make the same decision two years ago. (The following isn't necessarily directed at you but in general;) I'm tired of the entire mentality that everyone who fought in Karma signed a contract to be moralist and holier than thou. I know damn well I didn't choose it.