Most amusing moments of CN

Ogaden

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The realization coming to the NPO that they were doomed after TORN pulled out during the first two days of Karma War and were left on their own against the world for a few days while the Coward Coalition were pondering whether to come to their defence.

[quote name='Lord Fingolfin' timestamp='1282274802' post='2423911']
Personally one of my favorites was when NSO came to NpO's defense in BiPolar. Everyone was sitting in the coalition leadership channel and it was a video DoW with one of their members, I think BaconGod, giving this long speech. It was amusing to say the least and earned many O/'s. However, Ivan came into the channel a few hours later and a few of us heckled him saying it would have been cooler if he'd made the video DoW himself. He then proceeded to give a biting and witty retort about how his wife already thought he was insane for staying up until 3 am playing this damned game and that if he proceeded to dress up in a Darth Vader costume and give a video DoW he'd get divorced. I've searched through my IRC logs more than once trying to find that exact snippet, it was comedy gold
[/quote]

Ya I think that one takes the cake. I'll see if I can't find the video.

[quote name='Lennox' timestamp='1282314410' post='2424486']
Ya I think that one takes the cake. I'll see if I can't find the video.
[/quote]

Off the top of my head when we recruited from the neutrals. You should have seen how hard we were laughing in our private channel. The level of butthurt was completely off the chart. And it was even more hysterical when we got away with it scot free. Definitely one of my favorite CN moments.

[quote name='Corinan' timestamp='1282315511' post='2424505']
Off the top of my head when we recruited from the neutrals. You should have seen how hard we were laughing in our private channel. The level of butthurt was completely off the chart. And it was even more hysterical when we got away with it scot free. Definitely one of my favorite CN moments.
[/quote]

Oh ya that TDO coalition.... :lol1:

The people's champ was a good one too.

Ramirus's actions recently! :D

I'd say the best time was all the build up for UJW. That time, all big alliances had some sort of gimmick going on for them, now its just Ebil Hegemony vs The oppressed where alliances keep switching in categories but the theme remains the same.

Edited by shahenshah

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1282283625' post='2424134']
Yeah, perhaps, you ride through good times, and when the tables turn, you stand and take what you've got coming. Echelon's had a long history, you'll learn that its a matter of time, on a long enough timeline, its inevitable that your going to crack some eggs along the way and not all of your decisions will be great ones.

And quite frankly, you don't seem like the sort of guy I'd enjoy getting to know.

I can't speak for the present day Echelon, but back then we really didn't care a whole lot. We weren't exactly out to "please" MA or the rest of SF.
[/quote]
If I could have a copy of that echelon newspaper or whatever it was called at the time, I would greatly appreciate it (I should have saved it at the time).

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1282319425' post='2424581']
I had very amusing moments in this game, and see \m/ failing so hard recently is certainly one of them.
[/quote]
I believe you mean your alliance and your leader, unless you happen to be wearing rose-tinted glasses?

Airme flipping out on CN radio on the Coward Coalition after they cancelled some treaties with the NPO after it was clear NPO was screwed. That was pretty funny, I miss CN radio during the Karma war.

TOP's "grandmaster" getting banned for being a multi after TOP had made numerous topics about how alliances attacking them were muti's.

As someone mentioned, KingZog systematically sanctioning a good portion of NPO's members when he got elected and maintained the seat followed by NPO trying to get the rules changed about a PM nation being able to sanction other nations.

edit: PC attacking TPF due to a loophole in their treaty was pretty funny to see, since PC demolished TPF despite having 1/3 less members.

Edited by Steve Buscemi

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1282328079' post='2424712']
TOP's "grandmaster" getting banned for being a multi after TOP had made numerous topics about how alliances attacking them were muti's.

edit: PC attacking TPF due to a loophole in their treaty was pretty funny to see, since PC demolished TPF despite having 1/3 less members.
[/quote]
In fairness to TOP, they were the ones who reported their grandmaster for those multis.

Not sure what Karma War you're talking about, but in the one I remember, TPF was incredibly outnumbered. ;)

-Bama

[quote name='commander thrawn' timestamp='1282273460' post='2423887']
I miss the days when Echelon members had tact <_<

On that note watching Echelon get rolled was rather amusing.
[/quote]
Edit: Nvm, really not worth it.

Although some of us do have tact. >_>

Edited by aboooe

[quote name='BamaBuc' timestamp='1282330143' post='2424752']
Not sure what Karma War you're talking about, but in the one I remember, TPF was incredibly outnumbered. ;)

-Bama
[/quote]
True true. It was a cheap shot, but PC would have destroyed them 1 v 1, still. Umbrella could destroy alliances with way more members, so it's not necessarily a knock against TPF military prowess, back then.

i will narrow the protected nation moment down to a specific post. after GGA put a gag order up for anyone below regent there was 1 member who ignored it and kept posting. then someone(i forget who) pointed out(anyone have the link to this post please share) that this was the 1 GGA member who had a WRC, and joked that WRC owner was a higher ranking position in GGA then regent.

[quote name='Jens of the desert' timestamp='1282323076' post='2424632']
I believe you mean your alliance and your leader, unless you happen to be wearing rose-tinted glasses?
[/quote]

Looks like I hurt the feelings of someone.

[quote name='Jens of the desert' timestamp='1282322998' post='2424631']
If I could have a copy of that echelon newspaper or whatever it was called at the time, I would greatly appreciate it (I should have saved it at the time).
[/quote]

I'd give it to you if I had it, however I'm afraid I've lost it amidst a few reformatting, and I don't believe that the guy who made it still plays the game, nor are we still on particularly good terms.

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1282328079' post='2424712']
[/quote]

[quote name='Steve Buscemi' timestamp='1282333323' post='2424793']
True true. It was a cheap shot, but PC would have destroyed them 1 v 1, still. Umbrella could destroy alliances with way more members, so it's not necessarily a knock against TPF military prowess, back then.
[/quote]

Yeah, TPF had way on their plate then PC at the time, although the PC was probably the most pathetic bit of what TPF had to fight against because of the way it happened and the way PC handled themselves. Perhaps PC could have taken TPF on one on one, but they didn't, so I guess we'll never know.

[quote name='aboooe' timestamp='1282331184' post='2424765']
Edit: Nvm, really not worth it.

Although some of us do have tact. >_>
[/quote]

Perhaps, but I was never one of them, and I can live with that.

Edited by memoryproblems

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1282337002' post='2424865']
Looks like I hurt the feelings of someone.
[/quote]
To be honest, as an \m/ember I think what Grub did was just as bad as what is happening to us.

I mean, we may be dying, but we didn't screw anybody else with us.

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1282280862' post='2424048']
And get over the tact issue, perhaps it was too far, but MA's reaction to it was the funniest part of the ordeal.
[/quote]

Was that the thread that got rushed with serious white knights? Some topic had that happen during Karma. Man that was hilarious.

As for me, too many to list here. Just a few from my head:

The Hyperion RIP ~Sometime Soon~ sig campaign leading up to WotC was great. The NPO/TPF whisper campaign against us after Karma was pretty laughable. Mine and Supergeo's Kickban War that helped get \m/ kicked off of Esper. Trolling Esper furries with the rest of \m/ back in the day. PC reaping long-deserved revenge on TPF. ODN/Legion screwing themselves and the League/Aegis over multiple times.

Edited by mythicknight

[quote name='im317' timestamp='1282336326' post='2424853']
i will narrow the protected nation moment down to a specific post. after GGA put a gag order up for anyone below regent there was 1 member who ignored it and kept posting. then someone(i forget who) pointed out(anyone have the link to this post please share) that this was the 1 GGA member who had a WRC, and joked that WRC owner was a higher ranking position in GGA then regent.
[/quote]
[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=51613&view=findpost&p=1345894"]I love to share.[/url]

[quote name='im317' timestamp='1282336326' post='2424853']
[/quote]
The person who kept posting after the gag order was silverhawk. I'm too lazy to look for the thread though.