Ragnarok Declaration of War

[quote name='Qazzian' timestamp='1281314056' post='2405519']
Let me spell it out for you.

The new hegemony has a distinct numbers advantage.

Simple enough?
[/quote]

There's nothing inherently wrong with a numbers advantage. What's wrong is keeping an alliance in eternal war, viceroys, removal of government and demanding all of an alliance's tech in reps.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NSO may have been idiots aiding them... but I really don't like the thought of setting the precedent that war can be started for aiding a rogue when you've been told not to. I may not like NPO, but their decision of having 3x the aid sent to their nations for this very type of situation is much more appropriate than declaring war.

Edited by lonewolfe2015

[quote name='Kevin McDonald' timestamp='1281314102' post='2405526']
Ah... so there should never, ever, ever be a war when one side is stronger than the other. Got it.
[/quote]

once again, I will just refer you to your previous statement
[quote]What a laughable statement. Being in the right never had anything to do with it... being secure in your victory was the only thing that ever did, regardless of right or wrong.[/quote]

And then again state how well that fits right now.

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1281314181' post='2405536']
There's nothing inherently wrong with a numbers advantage. What's wrong is keeping an alliance in eternal war, viceroys, removal of government and demanding all of an alliance's tech in reps.
[/quote]
Stop it! You're sucking all of the credibility out of their smear campaign!

All in all this is a sad day for me. Over the past few months I have grown to respect the NSO and how they operate. Also having Lennox doesn't hurt. It's a shame it came to this, we'll see you on the other side.

o/ ROK

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' timestamp='1281314229' post='2405540']
NSO may have been idiots aiding them... but I really don't like the thought of setting the precedent that war can be started for aiding a rogue when you've been told not to. I may not like NPO, but their decision of having 3x the aid sent to their nations for this very type of situation is much more appropriate than declaring war.
[/quote]

Then should RoK just have rolled over and acquiesced when the NSO aided him even though RoK warned them? If the NSO was willing to wait for proof, they would have held off on aiding him since they were warned by RoK.

See how easy that was?

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1281314095' post='2405525']
Right, before RoK gave them any information as to WHY this guy was on a hit list. So NSO should just let him get smacked instead of protecting their member. Who needs that silly thing called 'evidence' anyway. RoK said he was guilty so obviously he was guilty! It's a good thing RoK is there to be judge, jury, and executioner for members of other alliances.
[/quote]
If someone comes to you and says "This guys is a rogue, don't aid him" and your first response is to send him aid....*sigh*....never mind.

[quote name='Qazzian' timestamp='1281314318' post='2405545']
once again, I will just refer you to your previous statement

And then again state how well that fits right now.
[/quote]

Except that RoK is in the right here, and NPO only ever cared about being in a winnable position.

But ok, I`ll just throw the willfully ignorant commect back at you, we`ll keep going around like this, and all the while the Coalition of Cowards will still let NSO get ground into dust. I`m perfectly fine with that.

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' timestamp='1281314229' post='2405540']
[/quote]

That worked fine when some unknowing member was tricked into aiding a Vox Populi nation or something, but what about if NPO said "If you aid this nation, it will be considered an act of war", and then an alliance specifically went and aided that nation? Would they still be so lenient? Would you?

Edited by King Puffington

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1281314181' post='2405536']
There's nothing inherently wrong with a numbers advantage. What's wrong is keeping an alliance in eternal war, viceroys, removal of government and [b]demanding all of an alliance's tech in reps.[/b]
[/quote]

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Did you seriously just say that? Perhaps you'd like to look at the reps in Karma given to NPO. Or does demanding MORE than all of an alliance's tech make it ok again?

[quote name='Wad of Lint' timestamp='1281313989' post='2405513']
So can I go to VE and claim you're a rogue? How about any number of VE-applicants? No. I better have proof of my claims.
[/quote]

His warscreen full of raids on their protectorate wasn't a tip off he was telling the truth? Seriously.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1281314095' post='2405525']
Right, before RoK gave them any information as to WHY this guy was on a hit list. So NSO should just let him get smacked instead of protecting their member. Who needs that silly thing called 'evidence' anyway. RoK said he was guilty so obviously he was guilty! It's a good thing RoK is there to be judge, jury, and executioner for members of other alliances.
[/quote]

It's good to see that your absence from the stage didn't affect you any.

We need some constants in this world of ours.

[quote name='King Puffington' timestamp='1281314407' post='2405553']
That worked fine when some unknowing member was tricked into aiding a Vox Populi nation or something, but what about if NPO said "If you aid this nation, it will be considered an act of war", and then an alliance specifically went and aided that nation? Would they still be so lenient? Would you?
[/quote]

I understand the situation, I just still find it a very thin line. I most likely would have attacked the nation in question who aided them rather than declared war, and waited for NSO to come to the tables one more time. But the difference is I don't know how it all went behind the scenes.

I still remain skeptical, and I'm not saying this war is unjust, but I'm just not liking the potential for this to set a precedent for the future in that regards. Oh well, guess we'll see the results of this in a few months.

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1281314492' post='2405561']
His warscreen full of raids on their protectorate wasn't a tip off he was telling the truth? Seriously.
[/quote]

Maybe being illiterate is also a qualification for joining the NSO? :unsure:

[quote]So can I go to VE and claim you're a rogue? How about any number of VE-applicants? No. I better have proof of my claims.[/quote]
The proof is on the guy's war screen. Two aggressive wars, before he joined NSO, against TENE. You won't find a Viridian in that state because we don't accept nations at war – and for good reason.

[quote]It does not mean we are unwilling to do it. [/quote]
That is your choice, but if you take that route, you need to not escalate the trouble when it turns up like you did here.

[quote]The new hegemony has a distinct numbers advantage.[/quote]
Yes, obviously RoK will win this war. What's your point? It is a perfectly good reason for war, you can't just not attack people when they give you a good reason because they're small. Hopefully the size of the numbers advantage will encourage NSO to look for a quick resolution.

[quote name='Kevin McDonald' timestamp='1281314403' post='2405551']
Except that RoK is in the right here, and NPO only ever cared about being in a winnable position.

But ok, I`ll just throw the willfully ignorant commect back at you, we`ll keep going around like this, and all the while the Coalition of Cowards will still let NSO get ground into dust. I`m perfectly fine with that.
[/quote]

Coalition of Cowards? Exaggerate much?

Edited by Ragashingo

[quote name='Qazzian' timestamp='1281314467' post='2405558']
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Did you seriously just say that? Perhaps you'd like to look at the reps in Karma given to NPO. Or does demanding MORE than all of an alliance's tech make it ok again?
[/quote]

Karma was about justice. Pacifica deserved what they got. Besides, their reps weren't that bad. They were in proportion to reps that Pacifica levied on those they defeated, and they were able to be paid in a timely fashion as far as I am aware. They could've been sooooo much worse.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1281314713' post='2405581']Yes, obviously RoK will win this war. What's your point? It is a perfectly good reason for war, you can't just not attack people when they give you a good reason because they're small. Hopefully the size of the numbers advantage will encourage NSO to look for a quick resolution.[/quote]

Are you speaking of the resolution LintWad was hoping to discuss tonight since he just arrived home from a planned vacation? Oh wait, that wasn't allowed to happen. Silly me.

[quote name='Qazzian' timestamp='1281312086' post='2405286']
They bring twice as many nations as NSO war slots, and you don't think they were expecting it to be a curbstomp? I'm sorry, you're either totally oblivious or purposefully ignorant.
[/quote]

Ever hear of treaties?

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1281314776' post='2405587']
Karma was about justice. Pacifica deserved what they got. Besides, their reps weren't that bad. They were in proportion to reps that Pacifica levied on those they defeated, and they were able to be paid in a timely fashion as far as I am aware. They could've been sooooo much worse.
[/quote]

That is total and absolute BS. The reps given to Pacifica were the largest by ANY measure, proportion or not.

I will now assume you are fine with all reps provided they can be paid in a "timely fashion" and "could have been worse".