Ragnarok Declaration of War

[quote][22:49] <Heft> And I made it clear it was in no way an act of war but an attempt at compromise
[22:50] <VanHooIII[RoK]> Well, I am glad that the NSO does not consider it an act of war[/quote]

Might be the funniest thing I've read all summer. Oh NSO.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Stumpy Jung Il' timestamp='1281311274' post='2405212']
And then you were told and you sent him aid anyway.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]RoK was told that unless we received the information he would be protected. It isn't not hard to understand. All we wanted were some logs showing wrongdoing. RoK shot first. Like it or not he was still under our protection.[/color]

[quote name='Kevin McDonald' timestamp='1281311905' post='2405264']
Also LOL at all the ex-heg crying at a curbstomp... no one is expecting this to be a curbstomp, yet apparently you have your minds made up. TPF - Athens 2.0: The Coalition of Cowards rides again.
[/quote]

They bring twice as many nations as NSO war slots, and you don't think they were expecting it to be a curbstomp? I'm sorry, you're either totally oblivious or purposefully ignorant.

[quote name='dev0win' timestamp='1281311969' post='2405270']
How long were talks in place over this issue? It seems rather sudden that this was escalated to a state of war. Itchy trigger finger guys?
[/quote]

What more was there to talk about

RoK said aiding the rouge would be an act of war
NSO aided him anyway
This thread is the result

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1281309399' post='2405029']
There was an offer for mediation and discussion on the table today, and it had been available for the last couple of hours. The fact that, rather than attempt to discuss this at all today before declaring on an alliance and starting a global war speaks volumes about the character of Ragnarok. I'd say that STA is disappointed, but really, we didn't expect much different from the likes of RoK. For shame.
[/quote]

How dare we say dont help a rogue and they do it and then us not attempt to negotiate. How dare we.

[quote name='Vladimir' timestamp='1281309407' post='2405030']
Nice curbstomp. Feels just like old times.
[/quote]

Indeed.

[quote name='PotFace' timestamp='1281309821' post='2405069']
Yeah no kidding. This looks to me like RoK just wanted to go to war. This CB is absolutely pathetic. Seriously RoK?
[/quote]

Seriously.

[quote name='Stumpy Jung Il' timestamp='1281310007' post='2405091']
So let me get this straight. RoK told you not to help a rogue who they were at war with. You helped them cause you are NSO and just assumed that you can do whatever. RoK attacked you for committing what every alliance in this game would consider an act of war. Am I missing any details?
[/quote]

Just one.

SKY ROCKETS IN FLIGHT.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1281311887' post='2405261']
Brilliant, NSO. [i]Brilliant[/i].

NSO allies, ball's in your court. MK awaits.
[/quote]

Hey SirWilliam,

I believe this [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=90352"]thread[/url] answers your question.

[quote name='Acca Dacca' timestamp='1281312235' post='2405308']
SKY ROCKETS IN FLIGHT.
[/quote]

Afternoon delight? O.o

Edited by Dom Zak

[quote name='Qazzian' timestamp='1281311231' post='2405207']
[img]http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad126/Qazzian/lolnoCB.jpg[/img]

What else do you guys have on your "Just like the good ol' days" checklist?
[/quote]

So you're admitting that you used !@#$%^&* CBs? I might add that this CB is *far* stronger than the one used for the War of the Coalition.

[quote name='Qazzian' timestamp='1281312086' post='2405286']
They bring twice as many nations as NSO war slots, and you don't think they were expecting it to be a curbstomp? I'm sorry, you're either totally oblivious or purposefully ignorant.
[/quote]

Right, they should have attacked from a point of disadvantage and only filled half NSOs slots...

And at this point, it would surprise anybody if no one defended NSO, though I wouldnt say we`re expecting it.

Edited by Kevin McDonald

[quote name='Van Hoo III' timestamp='1281311769' post='2405251']
Guess we can expect you to shutup and stop complaining then? ;)
[/quote]
My only real complaint now is being ordered into peace mode. Maybe my buddy Xerxer will get blown up a bit and I can meet him later ;)

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1281312284' post='2405312']
So you're admitting that you used !@#$%^&* CBs? I might add that this CB is *far* stronger than the one used for the War of the Coalition.
[/quote]

I'm pointing out that the Karma alliances are a pack of hypocrites. You became what you sought to destroy. Congratulations.

And we all know that this has nothing to do with a rogue. The rogue was an excuse. You don't bring 850 nations to fight a 166 nation alliance unless you are trying to bait a response.

I'm sure I'll get in some sort of trouble for this but I don't understand the thinking here NSO. Even if you didn't get the info you asked for, why escalate things further by doing something that was clearly stated to be an act of war? I'm sure there are at least 7 sides of this story, but from this thread it is puzzling at least.

[quote name='Kevin McDonald' timestamp='1281312325' post='2405319']
Right, they should have attacked from a point of disadvantage and only filled half NSOs slots...

And at this point, it would surprise anybody if no one defended NSO, though I wouldnt say we`re expecting it.
[/quote]

I'm going to go with the willingly ignorant option.

[quote name='steodonn' timestamp='1281312174' post='2405297']

NSO aided him anyway
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]We told RoK to hold on attacking our Initiate until we saw some evidence of wrongdoing. RoK attacked anyway, while this member was still under our protection.[/color]

[quote name='Qazzian' timestamp='1281312449' post='2405335']
I'm pointing out that the Karma alliances are a pack of hypocrites. You became what you sought to destroy. Congratulations.

And we all know that this has nothing to do with a rogue. The rogue was an excuse. You don't bring 850 nations to fight a 166 nation alliance unless you are trying to bait a response.
[/quote]

What did you expect them to do, declare with a seventh of their alliance to be on equal odds? Don't be absurd.

[quote name='steodonn' timestamp='1281312174' post='2405297']

NSO aided him anyway
[/quote]

NSO said we're protecting our member, give us proof and you can have him. Is it really that hard? No. It's pretty easy.

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1281312284' post='2405312']
[/quote]
Actually that CB was about sending aid to someone on a zi list, so.....

[quote name='Anu Drake' timestamp='1281312473' post='2405338']
I'm sure I'll get in some sort of trouble for this but I don't understand the thinking here NSO. Even if you didn't get the info you asked for, why escalate things further by doing something that was clearly stated to be an act of war? I'm sure there are at least 7 sides of this story, but from this thread it is puzzling at least.
[/quote]

It isnt complex friend, they are the sith they push and they press boundries. The logs are really it, its not complex when an alliance leader tells you that "X" will be considered an act of war and you choose to do it, you have to live with the consequences of your choice. How is it puzzling?