Ragnarok Declaration of War

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1281310387' post='2405127']
What we have here, is a undoubtedly flimsy CB on an alliance attached to NPO, in a blatant attempt to lure out NPO for another rolling. Anyone who didn't see this coming is either blind or a fool. Expect another round of massive reparations to be extorted from the NPO and everyone else.
[/quote]

Sorry, sir, that is incorrect. Try again by beefing up something called "reading comprehension"; "Hooked On Phonics" is a great program, but another way is by simply reading the OP. NSO played chicken with a car and the car didn't swerve.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1281310291' post='2405118']
Hey, you did see the size of these nations right? Excuse for war is all this is.
[/quote]
It's a matter of principle. Most alliances would consider explicitly harbouring a rogue of [i]any size[/i] a clear-cut act of war. Rok told you that they had a situation. You ignored them.

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' timestamp='1281310270' post='2405114']
How so unnecessary? Did you read the OP?
[/quote]

This is simply poor show in handling the situation from both parties. The only reason this has escalated into conflict is because both parties were to stubborn to give even an inch away for negotiations. With even a little bit more willingness to conduct diplomacy this would have been avoided. As such: 'Sad and completely unneccessary'.

What we have here, is a undoubtedly flimsy CB on an alliance attached to NPO, in a blatant attempt to lure out NPO for another rolling. Anyone who didn't see this coming is either blind or a fool. Expect another round of massive reparations to be extorted from the NPO and everyone else.
[/quote]

YOU WIN THE PRIZE!

[quote name='Partisan' timestamp='1281310505' post='2405141']
This is simply poor show in handling the situation from both parties. The only reason this has escalated into conflict is because both parties were to stubborn to give even an inch away for negotiations. With even a little bit more willingness to conduct diplomacy this would have been avoided. As such: 'Sad and completely unneccessary'.
[/quote]

Fair enough, but that is, indeed, the catalyst of almost every single war.

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1281308747' post='2404945']
I guess we can't talk tomorrow. :(
[/quote]

We still can if you like. :(

[quote name='Corinan' timestamp='1281309985' post='2405088']
I doubt it's just because they're bored. There's certainly an ulterior motive, however.
[/quote]

No, it is pretty much because you aided a rogue after we warned you it would be considered an act of war.

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1281310291' post='2405118']Hey, you did see the size of these nations right? Excuse for war is all this is.
[/quote]

Why on earth does the size of the nation matter?

[quote name='Captain Flinders' timestamp='1281310334' post='2405124']
How are people complaining about this CB? It was a rogue nation that RoK clearly indicated was to be attacked until reps were paid and that aiding said nation would be an act of war. This is completely standard for most, if not all alliances. NSO was belligerent enough to not recognize RoK's legitimate stance on the situation and they've obviously brought this on themselves. How is RoK looking for an excuse to war when it was the actions of the NSO, even being warned before hand, that caused the declaration?
[/quote]

People need something to cry about. Individuals from that side will always have a beef with any CB we have, no matter how clear cut it may be.

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1281310519' post='2405142']
Shame on me for falling into the obvious political trap.

Oh well.
[/quote]
If someone says to you that "this is an act of war" and you commit said act, it really is the worst trap ever designed considering it was shown to you beforehand. That, or it's not actually a trap and you just acted foolishly.

[color="#0000FF"]You know Hoo Boy, you lied to me last night when you said this wasn't worth going to war over. I agreed considering this kind of thing happens every single day. We could have worked this out, but as we all know you wanted war. We're tied to the NPO, and you think this is all you need to get to them. Prepare to be disappointed Hoo Boy.

Anyway, we offered mediation, and we offered resolution. You'd have none of it no. Remember, this is on you. You decided on war that first moment. Everything after that was just a show. Sure had me fooled. I'll be sure to remember that next time Hoo Boy.[/color]

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1281310537' post='2405144']
What I have to say is: Do you really needed send 6m right after Hoo asked you to NOT aid the nation in question NSO? Really?
[/quote]
This is what Im saying. This is not a trap. NSO honestly $%&@ed up huge. I don't know how anyone can not see that NSO spat in the face of an alliance that stated straight up they would go to war and then got exactly what they were told they were gonna get for acting this way. It is RIDICULOUS that anyone can claim this is not valid. I get that many of you will because you are on that side of things but be reasonable. This is cut and dry.

[quote name='Partisan' timestamp='1281310505' post='2405141']
[/quote]
We attempted to discuss things, and expected for someone to actually discuss the situation prior to just outright attacking the guy. If that had happened, then we probably would have released him, but we had no information and had to work with what we knew.

And then apparently Hoo spent all of today in hiding up until posting this just to prevent any more discussion.

[quote name='Stumpy Jung Il' timestamp='1281310007' post='2405091']
So let me get this straight. RoK told you not to help a rogue who they were at war with. You helped them cause you are NSO and just assumed that you can do whatever. RoK attacked you for committing what every alliance in this game would consider an act of war. Am I missing any details?
[/quote]

Haven't you heard? They're the mother$%&@ing NSO; they do what they want when they want. I can't believe RoK has the audacity to stop them.

[quote name='ConeBone69' timestamp='1281310645' post='2405154']
Did LintWad even get the chance to hear about this before war was declared? If not, this is an incredibly rushed move.
[/quote]

LintWad is not the only government for NSO; NSO messed up, end of story. This is what happens when you tempt fate by trying to stonewall and issue such as this.

[quote name='ConeBone69' timestamp='1281310645' post='2405154']
Did LintWad even get the chance to hear about this before war was declared? If not, this is an incredibly rushed move.
[/quote]

Dude you're the worst spy ever. Stick to the SG party line, ok?

[quote name='Olaf Styke' timestamp='1281310716' post='2405162']
Haven't you heard? They're the mother$%&@ing NSO; they do what they want when they want. I can't believe RoK has the audacity to stop them.
[/quote]
My bad. I forgot NSO is exempt from all rules and consequences despite how obvious and fair they are.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1281310619' post='2405151']
[color="#0000FF"] We're tied to the NPO, and you think this is all you need to get to them. Prepare to be disappointed Hoo Boy.
[/color]
[/quote]

So NPO's not going to honor their treaty?

Ahh shucks.

What we have here, is a undoubtedly flimsy CB (It already looks weak without even hearing NSO's side of the story, too much he-said-she-said and not enough hard evidence) on an alliance attached to NPO, in a blatant attempt to lure out NPO for another rolling. Anyone who didn't see this coming is either blind or a fool. Expect another round of massive reparations to be extorted from the NPO and everyone else.
[/quote]
Sir! Our plot to set up NPO has SUCCEEDED!