Ragnarok Declaration of War

Hoo and company are looking for an excuse for war. Everyone is bored and wanting war. Hoo, you and your lot are too damn predictable. Technically you got a ?CB?, but going to war over a 4,500 ns nation? Hoo, admit it you wanted this cuz your bored. And what is up with your protectorate not being able to handle and 4,500 ns nation? Hoo, you should be kicking their $@! for not being able to handle it.

WAR?! SO BE IT!

Edited by Fernando12

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Chron' timestamp='1281309448' post='2405032']
I was contacted about this issue last night (even though Im not government), I looked into the matter, and determined that chances were that the guy was a rogue, or just using us as a shield from his roguery.

[img]http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss154/TehChron/incaseofdumbassery.png?t=1281309127[/img]

That screenshot was sent to members of the Darth Council that night, in the expectation that something would happen involving that guy...But it seems that Heft didn't get the memo.

Thanks Heft. Maybe I really should have been shadow government after all.
[/quote]
Well sometimes when you associate with shady people you will be suffering the same fate as those shady people

Maybe next time i try to poach you youll say yes :P

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1281309894' post='2405079']
Hoo and company are looking for an excuse for war. Everyone is bored and wanting war. Hoo, you and your lot are too damn predictable. Technically you got a CB, but going to war over a 4,500 ns nation? Hoo, admit it you wanted this cuz your bored. And what is up with your protectorate not being able to handle and 4,500 ns nation? Hoo, you should be kicking their $@! for not being able to handle it.

WAR?! SO BE IT!
[/quote]

I doubt it's just because they're bored. There's certainly an ulterior motive, however.

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1281309894' post='2405079']
Hoo and company are looking for an excuse for war. Everyone is bored and wanting war. Hoo, you and your lot are too damn predictable. Technically you got a CB, but going to war over a 4,500 ns nation? Hoo, admit it you wanted this cuz your bored. And what is up with your protectorate not being able to handle and 4,500 ns nation? Hoo, you should be kicking their $@! for not being able to handle it.

WAR?! SO BE IT!
[/quote]

Wars have been fought for much less.

So let me get this straight. RoK told you not to help a rogue who they were at war with. You helped them cause you are NSO and just assumed that you can do whatever. RoK attacked you for committing what every alliance in this game would consider an act of war. Am I missing any details?

[quote name='Stumpy Jung Il' timestamp='1281310007' post='2405091']
So let me get this straight. RoK told you not to help a rogue who they were at war with. You helped them cause you are NSO and just assumed that you can do whatever. RoK attacked you for committing what every alliance in this game would consider an act of war. Am I missing any details?
[/quote]
No, that sounds about right.

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1281309254' post='2405012']
You're going to war over a 4k NS rogue. Sorry, but this isn't necessary at all.
[/quote]

No, aiding a rogue after telling them that aiding the rogue would be an act of war. Sometimes when you play chicken, the other person dosent blink.

[quote name='Stumpy Jung Il' timestamp='1281310007' post='2405091']
[/quote]
Hey, you did see the size of these nations right? Excuse for war is all this is.

How are people complaining about this CB? It was a rogue nation that RoK clearly indicated was to be attacked until reps were paid and that aiding said nation would be an act of war. This is completely standard for most, if not all alliances. NSO was belligerent enough to not recognize RoK's legitimate stance on the situation and they've obviously brought this on themselves. How is RoK looking for an excuse to war when it was the actions of the NSO, even being warned before hand, that caused the declaration?

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1281310291' post='2405118']
Hey, you did see the size of these nations right? Excuse for war is all this is.
[/quote]
So the size of the nation negates that he's a rogue and that NSO is aiding him?

It likely doesn't need to be said, but NoR has your back RoK. And hey there Hoobear.

Edited by Captain Flinders

What we have here, is a undoubtedly flimsy CB (It already looks weak without even hearing NSO's side of the story, too much he-said-she-said and not enough hard evidence) on an alliance attached to NPO, in a blatant attempt to lure out NPO for another rolling. Anyone who didn't see this coming is either blind or a fool. Expect another round of massive reparations to be extorted from the NPO and everyone else.

Edited by HeroofTime55

[/quote]

Stop trying to gain the moral high ground here, NSO are in the wrong, now man up and deal with it.

[/quote]
So why bait somebody who's willing to go to war? To try and get PR points or because you have nothing to !@#$%* about this week?

You could have easily asked the nation to pay reparations and send peace before accepting them (like any reasonable alliance would have done). You don't have to try and be different in a situation like this.

Edited by Drai

[/quote]
Size of nation has nothing to do with anything. A rogue is a rogue, is a rogue and a member is a member, is a member. What you did was an act of war. Period.

Honestly, I have complained about many CBs in my day but I really dont see much in the wrong with this one. NSO tried to throw their weight around as they are known for doing and got bit.

Edited by Stumpy Jung Il

[/quote]

Hoo's opinion is what matters, and he told you boys straight out he considered it an act of war.

So...yeah. Congrats on bringing the house down on your heads, I guess?

You knew going into this that people would try to attack the CB as being weak or whatever else since, frankly, that's the politically expedient thing to do. They certainly aren't going to win on the battlefield, so you need to try to win on the PR front.

Problem is, this one is pretty cut and dry.