There are too many alliances and some of you should disband.

Corinan

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll tell you th e problem wit h all these !@#$@#$ alluances and here it is: Theyre all meatmarket generic turd alliances. Valhalla should disband or else Joe should give the new gnernation the keys. Bam, there ya go. These alliances that are all the same with some silly veneer trying to act unique but they are like a pathetic echo chamber. Val's Norn thing is cool but how often does it come into play? We need alliances with no SENSE OF SELF to give it up, and we need shortsighted rulers with primal des
ires to grow spines and hit the fringe.

Oh God, I love everything about this thread.

The unrelenting butthurt, the lawyering, the pleading (my alliance is too interesting guys, it is!), it's more than I could have dreamed of from one enjoyable diversion of a thread.

Edit: The earnest replies. Oh my, the earnest replies.

A tip of my stylish leather headgear to you, Corinan.

Edited by Zombie Glaucon

I mean the thing s: Valhalla has cool froods. UPN has nice gys. Sparta is cool I don't have any beef with Sparta. TORN is goons blood of my blood. But they're all the same alliance. It's just annopying that these character-devoid AAs sit around and weigh down the whole worhld with massrs of nations and no ........... no freaking ambition. What's your alliance's point of existing? CoJ has been dicking around at 15 nations and less for over a year but I've got a way of doing everything different so my nation count doesn't matter to me; I'll keep doing this til I'm done doing it. But why is anyone wasting their time doing anything we did in 2007? Who gives a damn? Why do alliance names--that's all they are, names- become institutions that can't be abandoned when their purpose is met? Vox met it's goal and [i]fwip![/i] peaced out. We were done. The crap most of you are diong TODAY was done 4 years ago. [i]PEACE OUT[/i] and do something [i]NEW.[/i]

[quote name='Corinan' timestamp='1280365347' post='2393204'][quote]1) Mostly Harmless Alliance: Being the largest alliance doesn’t give you a free pass. I can’t think of anything that you add to the game so you’re out. Disband.

<SNIP>

3) Green Protection Agency: I realize some players just want to be boring hippies and buy infrastructure. We only need one neutral alliance, however. GPA stays, all others should disband.

<SNIP>[/quote][/quote]
I read only #1 and #3 (for obvious reasons) and I then knew that I didn't need to read the next 10 pages of this (sorry my dear Shantamantan: saw your comment in the preview ;) ).
I'm sure that I can gauge the (lack of) content of this discussion, considering the lack of knowledge (intentionally) displayed in the little I read.

On thing is sure though: Corinan didn't lose his touch in inciting responses (this one included), something I'm actually glad of.
[i]jerdge tips his hat to Corinan[/i]

[quote name='Gopherbashi' timestamp='1280366577' post='2393237']
You're actually being generous with some of these - I see a couple Stays on there which easily could've been on a Disband list.
[/quote]
I thought exactly this.

Then I skipped to the last page of discussion.

[quote name='Schattenmann (edited for your eyes)' timestamp='1280395370' post='2393768']
I'll tell you the problem with all these !@#$@#$ alluances and here it is: They're all meat-market generic turd alliances. Valhalla should disband or else Joe should give the new generation the keys. Bam, there ya go. These alliances that are all the same with some silly veneer trying to act unique but they are like a pathetic echo chamber. Val's Norse thing is cool but how often does it come into play? We need alliances with no SENSE OF SELF to give it up, and we need shortsighted rulers with primal desires to grow spines and hit the fringe.
[/quote]
To be perfectly honest, I agree; I can't imagine being in an alliance that didn't do anything interesting (doesn't have to be very interesting even (to be worth keeping around)). I wish you could have not picked on someone in order to get your point across, but I guess without specifics no one would really get what you were saying.

Can't say I'll read the first 10 pages, but I'm going to keep my eye on this thread and see if it gets interesting. Has anyone made serious counter-lists yet?

Edited by Eden Taylor

[quote name='RustyNail' timestamp='1280373564' post='2393455']
Completely agreed, We should all disband and join NONE and then rise up and crush the infidels that do not bow down to the power of the Nothing.

:smug:
[/quote]

Best Post in this thread yet.

We'll do as you say, but then; None shall rise as one, with all of us as members, and crush every alliance you deemed "good enough" to stay. Fair trade?

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1280394836' post='2393761']
No, your failure to recognize what make a successful alliance is what make you(among others things) a bad leader of an even worse alliance.
[/quote]

Dis confirm my suspicions: U mad.

Ad Hominem, always a classic. We can snipe back and forth indefinitely over who's !@#$ for what reason, but at the end of the day all that matters is results, and Sparta delivers. Sparta rules--It's a fact.

Edited by Olaf Styke

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1280402301' post='2393819']
Shameless plug click my sig and how many have disbanded so far? I need to see more disbandments and mergers, go go go.
[/quote]

Why don't you start by merging into none? :v:

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1280395370' post='2393768']
We need alliances with no SENSE OF SELF to give it up, and we need shortsighted rulers with primal desires to grow spines and hit the fringe.
[/quote]

Abso !@#$@#$ lutely. Big problem is when aforementioned rulers are more or less pressured to pass rule they tend to start making OTHER new micro-alliances out of sheer boredom or wanting to have the senation that they're still leading since they can't live without it. Biggest problem is every other person nowadays also has the same tendency.

Corinan how can you support seeing so many small worthless non-contributing alliances disappear and yet your lot is anti-raiding? Because i think raiding has (and can continue) done wonderful progresses in that regard.

[quote]40) Nato: Stays

41) The Phoenix Federation: Stays[/quote]

why should they stay? no longer relevant in the world and have done absolutely nothing since their Pacifican masters got rolled a year ago, they are nothing more than puppets without a master at the moment. Otherwise I pretty much agree with that list.

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1280383856' post='2393667']
Two, actually.
[/quote]

:awesome:

[quote name='Griff' timestamp='1280385287' post='2393681']
Says the alliance that did this: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=89794 :rolleyes:
[/quote]

How [i]dare[/i] we announce a treaty.

I've seen a few people ask this already without any response so I'll throw it out there again. What has the NSO done that has been so revolutionary? I'll admit that Ivan has done an impressive job forming a cult of personality over the years but that doesn't make NSO anything new or exciting. The only thing I've seen you do is run your mouths on the forums. Yes, it gives me something to read but thats hardly a new concept.

I don't think the problem is too many alliances, although less would provide for reduction in the treaty web which would be a plus. The issue is that the vast majority of alliances prefer sitting safely and collecting infra to the extent that when potential war causing drama does arise they go to obscene lengths to avoid duking it out.

lol, some people are touchy. With age, you will become mature enough to handle unfavorable opinions of you or of whatever you identify yourself with as never will all think positively. Currently though, thanks for the laughs.

Well, I as well think that at this point, there are too many alliances and couple of mergers here and there would be preferable. But I am not completely sold that that would help extremely much to pick up the current dynamics of the game. Dunno.