There are too many alliances and some of you should disband.

Corinan

I've hard of a plan to get the alliances together to ensure that there are only 50 alliances at one time. When someone else creates the 51st alliance, they must come to the council, which consists of the sanctioned alliances, to propose their plea on why they should be able to create an alliance. If anyone creates an alliance without the council's approval, they get rolled.

Also to ensure worthless alliances are destroyed, if you don't honor a treaty: you get rolled.

I think this would help make the game interesting.

Also ODN stays.

Edited by Kevanovia

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I give you credit for keeping several alliances around that I know you personally dislike. A lot of people would have been far more biased with their list.

Anyway, I was entertained and actually agree ... there are way too many alliances and not enough that stand out.

[quote name='Kevanovia' timestamp='1280374650' post='2393475']
I've hard of a plan to get the alliances together to ensure that there are only 50 alliances at one time. When someone else creates the 51st alliance, they must come to the council, which consists of the sanctioned alliances, to propose their plea on why they should be able to create an alliance. If anyone creates an alliance without the council's approval, they get rolled.

Also to ensure worthless alliances are destroyed, if you don't honor a treaty: you get rolled.

I think this would help make the game interesting.

Also ODN stays.
[/quote]

A nice idea, unhappily all councils ideas doesn't work since people don't know how to respect others opinions around here.

Edited by D34th

[quote name='Corinan' timestamp='1280372378' post='2393422']
I'll refer you to post #55, good sir.
[/quote]

Fair enough, and I can't really disagree with you on that.

In terms of what I agree/disagree about:

CCC should stay. They are a 2006 alliance and are still around, therefore they have been around long enough to deserve a spot in CN.
I agree with Omni in that you can't say the ODN are followers and should disband without saying NATO and IRON are followers and should disband. Anyways, ODN should not disband for not only the reason that they are a 2006 alliance, but also because I like them :P
Valhalla is just a more whiny version of The Legion. Disband.
GOP should merge into GPA or merge with The Conservative Underground, and then not be neutral.
Who's Ubercon? I've never heard of them. Their wiki page says they were active in GW II and III, but I have no recollection of them.

Edited by Sir Sci

Thank you for creating some kind of interesting discussion for the game. It was getting pretty boring. As for the thread, I certainly agree that there are too many unnecessary alliances. Nothing will happen and there won't be some kind of "Great Merger" to create Super Alliances, but it would make the game awesome. :P

Edited by Ryan Greenberg

[quote name='Prodigal Moon' timestamp='1280374583' post='2393474']

Maybe you could build on this thread to suggest specific merger partners for some of the boring alliances?
[/quote]

Here you go, great idea for a followup. Be interesting to see if you actually know anything about the boring alliances.

Please, O Wise One...tell us who we are most compatible with

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1280375641' post='2393497']
Here you go, great idea for a followup. Be interesting to see if you actually know anything about the boring alliances.
[/quote]

I've already stated that I don't know anything about boring alliances because they're boring. If they actually contributed something to the game (that something generally being drama) I'd know something about them and actually be able to write about them.

[quote name='Sir Sci' timestamp='1280375158' post='2393488']
Fair enough, and I can't really disagree with you on that.

In terms of what I agree/disagree about:

CCC should stay. They are a 2006 alliance and are still around, therefore they have been around long enough to deserve a spot in CN.
I agree with Omni in that you can't say the ODN are followers and should disband without saying NATO and IRON are followers and should disband. Anyways, ODN should not disband for not only the reason that they are a 2006 alliance, but also because I like them :P
Valhalla is just a more whiny version of The Legion. Disband.
GOP should merge into GPA or merge with The Conservative Underground, and then not be neutral.
Who's Ubercon? I've never heard of them. Their wiki page says they were active in GW II and III, but I have no recollection of them.
[/quote]

Ubercon's been neutral for some time, I think.

[quote name='BamaBuc' timestamp='1280375960' post='2393502']
If "too many MDPs" is the problem, then we're definitely not one of the alliances that needs to disband. :P

-Bama
[/quote]

Indeed. We only have three presently. And besides, if TOOL disbanded, it could start another global conflict over who gets Mia. :laugh:

(And I'd have nowhere to go if both TOOL and CCC disbanded since no one else would take me :ph34r: )

I think you've made a mistake, you've switched NSO and Sparta on your list, NSO goes and Sparta stays.

Convenient that the most successful alliance in opposing NPO & Pals should be on a wishlist for disbandment written by an ex-NPO NSOer, but as long as the mistake is corrected there should be no problem.

Also iCare

Edited by Olaf Styke

[quote name='Adrian LaCroix' timestamp='1280376101' post='2393506']
Ubercon's been neutral for some time, I think.
[/quote]

Interesting. That still doesn't explain why they say they were involved in GWII and III and cite having beaten many GATO members, among other alliances. I do not remember this alliance, nor do I remember them ever being at war against GATO.

[quote name='Olaf Styke' timestamp='1280376264' post='2393509']
I think you've made a mistake, you've switched NSO and Sparta on your list, NSO goes and Sparta stays.

Convenient that the most successful alliance in opposing NPO & Pals should be on a wishlist for disbandment written by an ex-NPO NSOer, but as long as the mistake is corrected there should be no problem.

Also iCare
[/quote]

In my defense I'm hardly the only person that would like to see Sparta disband.

[quote name='Sir Sci' timestamp='1280376306' post='2393510']
Interesting. That still doesn't explain why they say they were involved in GWII and III and cite having beaten many GATO members, among other alliances. I do not remember this alliance, nor do I remember them ever being at war against GATO.
[/quote]

Those wars took place in 2007. It is now 2010. Lots of things can change in three years.

Anyway, that's a pretty good list. A number of the smaller alliances you say should disband I disagree (my allies go figure) but for the majors you're pretty much spot on.

Also iCare
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Actually, I'd consider either MK or the old Gremlins (pre-Ram) to be the most successful alliances in opposing the NPO of old. Sparta just sort of tagged along.[/color]

[quote name='Corinan' timestamp='1280376477' post='2393512']
In my defense I'm hardly the only person that would like to see Sparta disband.
[/quote]

Well everyone is capable of making mistakes, some apparently more capable than others, we're all human.

For your benefit, I've provided you with the correct version of the disbandment list. My gift to you. Best wishes from Sparta.

Edit: Corrections have been highlighted.

[quote][color="#0000FF"]1) Mostly Harmless Alliance: Being the largest alliance gives you a free pass. I can’t think of anything that you don't add to the game. You stay.[/color]
[color="#FF0000"]
2) New Pacific Order: You had your chance and you screwed it up. Disband.[/color]

3) Green Protection Agency: I realize some players just want to be boring hippies and buy infrastructure. We only need one neutral alliance, however. GPA stays, all others should disband.

4) New Polar Order: Brings drama from time to time. Starts huge wars. Definitely stays.
[color="#0000FF"]
5) Sparta: Possibly the best alliance in CN, and I tip my hat to them. Stays, and should rule CN with an iron fist. [/color]

6) World Task Force: Does nothing. Disband.

7) Viridian Entente: Stays

8) Fark: Stays

9) The Legion: Stays

10) The Democratic Order: Disband. Join GPA.

11) Mushroom Kingdom: Not my favorite alliance but they certainly bring drama and their own flavor to the game. They stay.
[color="#0000FF"]
12) Orange Defense Network: Wonderful people, sure gave TIDTT hell. Stays.[/color]

13) The Order Of The Paradox: Drama occasionally revolves around them. Stays.

14) Global Alliance And Treaty Organization: Stays

15) FOK: Stays

16) Independent Republic Of Orange Nations: Stays

17) United Purple Nations: Meh. Disband.

18) Ragnarok: Stays

19) Nueva Vida: Stays

20) The Order Of Light: Boring. Disband.

21) Umbrella: Stays

22) Random Insanity Alliance: Stay.
[color="#0000FF"]
23) RnR: Stay[/color]
[color="#0000FF"]
24) Multicolored Cross-X Alliance: Stay[/color]
[color="#0000FF"]
25) Federation Of Armed Nations: Stays.[/color]

26) Athens: This alliance gets a wild hair up its $@! every once in a while which results in massive drama. Stays.

27) Nordreich: Well even the “German Nationalists” need a home too. Stays.

28) Commonwealth Of Sovereign Nations: Stays.

29) The Foreign Division: Who? Disband.

30) Poison Clan: Occasional drama. Stays.
[color="#FF0000"]
31) Goon Order Of Oppression Negligence And Sadism: Useless. Leave.[/color]

32) Siberian Tiger Alliance: Brings teh fart. Stays.

33) The Grand Lodge Of Freemasons: Boring. Disbands.

34) Nusantara Elite Warriors: Everyone talks about what great fighters they are but I hear nothing from them. This game thrives on drama and intrigue. Disbands.
[color="#0000FF"]
35) LoSS: Stays, I guess.[/color]
[color="#0000FF"]
36) Guru Order: Stay.[/color]

37) IFOK: Struggled with this one. On their own they are an utterly worthless alliance, but then again, who am I to deprive FOK of their vassal alliance? To the victor go the spoils, after all. Plus I would like to keep them around if for no other reason than to laugh at them. Stays.

38) Global Order Of Darkness: Drama bringers. Stays.
[color="#FF0000"]
39) New Sith Order: Has never produced a single thing in CN. Worthless. Disband.[/color]

40) Nato: Stays

41) The Phoenix Federation: Disband

42) The International: Aren’t they commies or something? Meh.
43) Valhalla: Stays

44) Imperial Assault Alliance: I guess being the second best Star Wars themed alliance is enough to get to stay. Stays.

45) North Atlantic Defense Coalition: Boring. Disband.

46) The Templar Knights: Boring. Disband.

47) Asgaard: Boring. Disband.

48) World Federation: Boring. Disband.

49) We Are Perth Army: Boring. Disband.

50) The Conservative Underground: Boring. Disband.

51) Argent: Boring. Disband.

52) Phoenix Rising: Boring. Disband.

53) Global Democratic Alliance: Boring. Disband.

54) Silence: Boring. Disband.

55) Greenland Republic: Boring. Stays.

56) Christian Coalition Of Countries: WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW? Disband.

57) Regnum Invictorum: The game would honestly be better served if you just joined NPO. Disband.

58) Ubercon: Boring. Disband.

59) Genesis: Boring. Disband.

60) The Brigade: Dramaz. Stays.

61) Green Old Party: GPA plus Reagan. Disband.

62) Carpe Diem: I like you guys but you're inactive. Disband.

63) Monos Archein: Boring. Disband.

64) AGW Overlords: Boring. Disband.

65) \m/: Drama generators. Stays.

66) Union Of Integrated National Entities: Boring. Disband.

67) Fellowship Of Elite Allied Republics: Boring. Disband.

68) The United Front: Boring. Disband.

69) =LOST=: Boring. Stays.

70) United Sovereign Nations: Boring. Disband.

71) United Blue Directorate: Boring. Disband.

72) Veritas Aequitas: Boring. Disband.

73) The Resistance: Boring. Disband.

74) The Dark Templar: Boring. Disband.

75) Boards Alliance Of Protectorate States: Boring. Disband.

76) 1 Touch Football: Boring. Disband.

77) WOLFPACK: Boring. Disband.

78) Alpha Omega: Boring. Disband.

79) The Order Of The Black Rose: The hardcore RPers need a home, I suppose. Stays.

80) Knights Of Ni!: Never heard of you before the Athens thing, haven’t heard from you since. Disband.[/quote]

Edited by Olaf Styke

[quote name='Rooman33' timestamp='1280377380' post='2393527']
Wow, I'm flattered NSO even lowered itself to acknowledge our existence. Thank you for your sagely advice, the government of the GOP is considering the matter of disbandment now.

/s
[/quote]

You should have just joined us when we sent you those recruitment PMs. You'd have been much better off.

Also look how butthurt this Olaf guy is, lol.

Convenient that the most successful alliance in [s]opposing [/s] betraying NPO & Pals should be on a wishlist for disbandment written by an ex-NPO NSOer, but as long as the mistake is corrected there should be no problem.

Also iCare
[/quote]

Fixed for you.