Official disbandment of the Grand Global Alliance

While it is sad that such a large piece of CN history is departed, I must say that it is only right that GGA is finally at rest. Perhaps it should have come earlier, but I can understand why the membership held onto the alliance even in its death throws.

Good luck in your new homes. And I most sincerely hope that GGA rests in peace.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the brief time Gondor has been treatied to GGA I have known only respect and genuine friendship from its members.

I grieve the loss of your alliance. Consider Gondor a safe haven for as long as necessary while your members reflect on long term options.

[i]Sandler salutes the memory of the noble GGA[/i]

Edited by Sandler

[quote name='Corinan' timestamp='1280181876' post='2390275']
Wow, damn.

Join NSO.

Also, I'd just like to add that if anyone is to blame here, it's Jrenster. He started the domino effect that led to GGAs death. Jrenster cause an alliance to disband before me......un-freakin-believable.....
[/quote]

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to GGA members for causing the collapse of their alliance.

Somehow I don't think we'll have the same sort of NAAC-esque nostalgia for the GAA. So bring on the GGA 2.0 imho. Alliance revivals are all the rage.

Good luck to the remaining members, hopefully you can find, and be happy in your, new homes.

[quote name='WildeKaard' timestamp='1280183598' post='2390342']
Best member-hunting PM I have received so far...

:ehm:
[/quote]

Wildekaard you need to get out more often if that's the best recruitment. :P

This is a sad day. For all its faults, GGA had its moments of glory and likely even honor.

May the members of GGA find welcoming alliances (hopefully on green!) to call their new homes.

Rest in peace, GGA, for you are surely weary and lacking in rest and peace alike!

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4Jv57P_cyg&feature=related]A tribute to the Grand Global Alliance.[/url]

Edited by Farnsworth

[quote name='Mustakrakish II' timestamp='1280175247' post='2390036']
[s]Despite me not minding this,[/s] it is [s]still[/s] very sad to see a big part of CN history leave us. Good luck to everyone.
[/quote]

fixed.

This is a sad day. Though I was not here when GGA had its day, it is horrible to see such a long tenured AA be gone.

Best regards to all those that wore the Grand Global Alliance AA.

[quote name='Farnsworth' timestamp='1280184123' post='2390358']

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7O9OqBd2us&NR=1"]A tribute to the Grand Global Alliance.[/url]
[/quote]

It's a wonderful blessing indeed. Today planet Bob feels a lot less grand.

Without Jonathon Brookbank posting this I can only assume this disbandment is a farce, doubtless concocted by enemies of the GGA and/or Ronin for some nefarious purpose.

Until JB places his seal of approval I've no choice but to continue to think of the GGA as a surviving and sovereign alliance and will continue to refer to them as such in public communications.

Carry on plotters, just know not all of us are so easily fooled by con-men and usurpers.

The GGA was my first home on Planet Bob; I picked it out of the many other recruitment messages I received because it seemed to be a good fit for me. I met some good people, introduced some of my friends to it, fought alongside my alliance mates (getting creamed more often than not), rebuilt, and all the while appreciated the people and the background of the Grand Global Alliance.

While I may have stepped aside when the recent changes took hold, I still hate to see this announcement; we all hate to see our first home torn down. Good luck to all the remaining members, and farewell to a part of CN history.