Official disbandment of the Grand Global Alliance

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Andre27' timestamp='1280184559' post='2390370']
It's a wonderful blessing indeed. Today planet Bob feels a lot less grand.
[/quote]

I actually feel as though GGA's spirit lives on in Phoenix Rising. PhR is in fact a much more powerful and better organized version of GGA, this disbandment may have been better had it been a merger into PhR.

To be bluntly honest, back in the day, I probably hated GGA with a kneejerk reaction stronger than most. But during the Karma War, when M*A*S*H engaged GGA and the nukes flew, we found them to be professionals and entertaining foes. So much in fact that we tried to get Athens to come in with us on the 'Catch Your Breath Accords' when GGA was released from terms. Their valor and honor impressed the bejesus outta us, and made us think they deserved a chance.

Sadly, both M*A*S*H and GGA have disbanded. I still consider those I met 'over there' as friends... Andre, Shane, Momo, Dee, Dementual, I miss being around you on IRC.

For the next 48 hours, the GGA flag shall fly at half mast at all government centers in Novy Bananagrad. Dosvedanya ee spacoyanoche, tovarische...

[quote name='Farnsworth' timestamp='1280184123' post='2390358']
This is a sad day. For all its faults, GGA had its moments of glory and likely even honor.

May the members of GGA find welcoming alliances (hopefully on green!) to call their new homes.

Rest in peace, GGA, for you are surely weary and lacking in rest and peace alike!

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4Jv57P_cyg&feature=related]A tribute to the Grand Global Alliance.[/url]
[/quote]
Just when I thought I was going to get that tear out of my eye.

Thank you Farnsworth. Never let the Symphony end.

What's really sad is that this could have been avoided....I don't know maybe 100 different times in a 100 different ways if people could check their egos (this goes back several coups so it's not a slam on anyone in particular)

But yeah, sad it wasn't, RIP GGA blah blah blah.

[quote name='Andre27' timestamp='1280183897' post='2390351']
Wildekaard you need to get out more often if that's the best recruitment. :P
[/quote]

TOOL had a rhyming recruiter when I first returned, that was pretty epic. If I hadn't of been returning with a specific home in mind I would have gone with them. I'm rather sad I didn't think to save the message.