Official disbandment of the Grand Global Alliance

[center][img]http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp224/Dementual/ggaflag.png[/img] [img]http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp224/Dementual/ggaflagclassic.png[/img][/center]

[center][img]http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/7866/ggafirstflag.png[/img][/center]

[center]I stand here before you today to announce the disbandment of the Grand Global Alliance. I think I do not stand alone when I say: 'Today, I have lost my home on CN.' because I know for a fact that there are many others, both ex-members and current members that viewed the GGA as a home. After 4 years it is safe to say that we had a good run. We have been through bad times, that is something I cannot deny. The GGA has suffered much and it is time to put her to rest instead of making her suffer more. It is time to bury the past.

Let us not use this thread to remit the Grand Global Alliance through its darkest hours. Let us instead use it to celebrate the good times the Grand Global Alliance has known. Through her existence the GGA has managed to create a thriving, prospering community from which many great players have emerged. The GGA has, over its existence, reached heights that many alliances can only dream of, even holding sanction for a long period of time. Let us also take this time to acknowledge the persistence and resiliency of our community. We have faced many obstacles and have fallen to great depths but nobody can ever, ever say that we did not try. Never did we give up the fight and there was always someone to continue our struggle against the looming death. Even while we were fading away there were still those who remained to try and get us back on top. I salute you, members and ex-members of the GGA, for your spirit and your bravery.

I know for a fact that some will feel the urge to try and use this last opportunity to ridicule us even more. Now is not the moment for grudges, ridicule or fights. This is a moment of sorrow for us as it is never easy to say goodbye to your home. I sincerely ask you to remain civil in this thread and let us, and our long history, go out in peace.

With these last words, the Grand Global Alliance has officially disbanded.[/center]

[center][i]Fortuna Fortes Juvat[/i][/center]
[center][img]http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/2191/castleemblem5.png[/img][/center]

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can confirm that Ronin will be helping our allies Gondor in the protection of the Grand Global Alliance Alliance Affiliation for the next 21 days.

We do not take this protection lightly. Despite my personal hate for GGA since 2006 there is no reason they shouldn't be allowed a peaceful send off.

[b]A Eulogy from a Native Son[/b]

In early November of 2006 I formed my nation by recommendation from a friend. By that same friend, the same day that I formed, I applied to join the Grand Global Alliance. This was a couple months after the infamous coup that greatly altered the path of the alliance from an alliance standing in contrary to the world’s superpower to an alliance standing in support of them.

It was not until the first shots were fired in GW3 that I began to fully understand the nature of Planet Bob. I was handed a sound military defeat by a younger (and smaller) Delta1212 of the RIA. That didn’t matter because I now bled for my alliance. It was in this fire that I became engaged with the GGA and its leadership. I was now a committed member of the Grand Global Alliance.

Because of our political connections, we found ourselves on the winning side of the conflict. Though more so impressive, other members like myself began to become engaged. We became a close knit family during these golden times for the GGA.

Truth be told, it never set right with me what we did to Viridia in the coming months. This was my first experience with what is known as a “Gang Bang,” and I hated it. I hated seeing an alliance grossly outnumbered and brought to its knees. I never took any joy from this victory...

Our close knit family carried on, spending evenings with each other in our private channels and swiftly becoming friends. This ended for me the day that Bilrow left if only for the simple fact that he provided a certain adhesive to our government structure that kept us together. Many tried after him, but were simply never able to replicate this.

We now come to the present day; the GGA survived a catastrophic (though not entirely undeserved) loss in the Karma conflict. A persistent attrition of large member states and government leadership followed. Regardless, the GGA had been my home, I swore an oath to defend and represent her. Despite the internal and external failings, I was not going to leave my broken home.

The Grand Global Alliance has a history on this planet. We were created shortly after the world formed and we were created out of the clay of the world. We were a source of controversy from day one, and we wore that badge proudly.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart to all the past leaders, movers and shakers that helped the Grand Global Alliance through its many trials and tribulations. May she finally get the rest she so deserves.

In accordance with her Celtic roots, I say goodbye to my home with this traditional Irish blessing:

[center][i]May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of his hand.

May God be with you and bless you;
May you see your children's children.
May you be poor in misfortune,
Rich in blessings,
May you know nothing but happiness
From this day forward.

May the road rise to meet you
May the wind be always at your back
May the warm rays of sun fall upon your home
And may the hand of a friend always be near.

May green be the grass you walk on,
May blue be the skies above you,
May pure be the joys that surround you,
May true be the hearts that love you.[/i][/center]

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1280175153' post='2390028']
I can confirm that Ronin will be helping our allies Gondor in the protection of the Grand Global Alliance Alliance Affiliation for the next 21 days.

We do not take this protection lightly. Despite my personal hate for GGA since 2006 there is no reason they shouldn't be allowed a peaceful send off.
[/quote]

Honorable as always, AirMe. You're a fine example of what more people in CN should be like.

Checkmate Byron Orpheus. I started my career hating on your writing and by Admin if this doesn't count as my final victory. Especially since I hear this was kind of mostly your fault.

Also, bring back PC. He could fix this.

Edited by heggo