Official disbandment of the Grand Global Alliance

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Probably inevitable for the past two years, but still, to see it finally happen is just shocking.

Best wishes to all who bore membership in the GGA at some point in the past four years, and may brighter days lie ahead for those in search of a new home.

I really wish I had some records to check all the lolGGA nonsense. My fondest memory was the membership's reaction to preemptively DOWing the MHA (an alliance that had 10mil more NS than us) in defense of IRON. Discussions involved glowing green penises, links to pages selling iodine tablets, etc. We knew we'd all be tripl teamed and get the crap beaten out of us, but we didn't care. We'd just rebuild like last time (and the time before that). :lol1: We really thought of ourselves as some kind of hated energizer bunny that just wouldn't die.

The GGA did more than most alliances ever will. The vast majority would've collapsed far earlier if they held the same ground.

Oh well. I hope GGA members will remain on the green team and take advantage of the many fine alliances there. Your former members are all over the green sphere already, and will welcome you with open arms.

[quote name='lebubu' timestamp='1280175135' post='2390027']
Unfortunate. I'll miss GGA comedy threads.
[/quote]
Don't worry. There are plenty of promising alliances eager to step into their shoes. ;)

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1280188310' post='2390464']
TOOL had a rhyming recruiter when I first returned, that was pretty epic. If I hadn't of been returning with a specific home in mind I would have gone with them. I'm rather sad I didn't think to save the message.
[/quote]

hmm, rhythming....that may have be DzZoo or Dolla (not sure who else has a really good sense of rhythm/rhymes while I was w/ TOOL) depends on when the message was sent.

though I'm curious of one person's thoughts on this (Kendaian - since he was GGA for ages) but doubt he'd post here >_>

[quote name='R3nowned' timestamp='1280205645' post='2390864']
Finally. GGA was a dead horse continually being kicked and prodded in the hopes it will take another step. Good luck guys.
[/quote]

it finally made its last step... into the memories of CN..

[quote name='Byron Orpheus' timestamp='1280195341' post='2390607']
Also, let me take this moment to say how much we ex-GGAers all appreciate the vultures that have been messaging us with recruitment letters:

The Conservative Underground
MCXA
Tetris
Guru Order
TORN

Those are the ones I have received. Stay classy.
[/quote]
Ahahah, TORN and RoK wanted GGA members?

[quote name='Grumpdogg' timestamp='1280209545' post='2390928']
Goodbye GGA. I hope the AA is allowed to rest in peace.
[/quote]

no its going to come back as the green goober alliance ;p

but yah you are right... it should be allowed to go peacefully into the night.

[quote name='shaneprice' timestamp='1280199757' post='2390720']
My Dear Friends and Family:

Today is a truly sad day for the Grand Global Alliance. I have long feared that this day was coming. I have served proudly as a member of the Grand Global Alliance for the last three years until very recently. The one thing I have come to realize is that their is a point in time where you look at a given situation and wonder if the cause is staring at you through the mirror. Believe me when I said that I have had many such moments over the course of the last three years, but now I have a bit to say to quite a few people.

I was always of the belief that the Grand Global Alliance needed to separate itself from the New Pacific Order. I believed that there was a sovereignty infringement which had to be rectified. I sold my ideas by stating that if we leave NPO there will be others who will be friendly to the Grand Global Alliance. No new friends other then MASH stood up. I was sadly mistaken. What we have seen over the course of the last two years is the decline of a major world power due to the inactivity and ineptness of the government, starting with myself.

[b]Dementual of the Grand Global Alliance[/b]
Dementual, I thank you for trying everything possible to resurrect this alliance. You have done all that you can and you should not fault yourself for not being able to save what couldn't be saved.

[b]Byron Orpheus of the Grand Global Alliance[/b]
Byron, your term as Regent has been an interesting one, while I have no doubt that you tried everything that you could to save this alliance, I can only say that your behavior in #gga is certainly not reflective of the respectful spirit of the GGA that we have had in the past. The GGA has always had critics, we have always tried to rise above it.

[b]Jonathan Brookbank of the Grand Global Alliance[/b]
The person I thought had the name recognition to make the GGA succeed. Sometimes I am wrong. Thanks for trying...it was beyond all help.

[b]Bilrow of the New Pacific Order[/b]
Bilrow, I don't know if you remember, but you are the one that recruited me Bilrow. I am sorry for any offense that I have caused you and I am sorry that my policies have helped to lead the GGA where it is today. You are and always will be the founding "father" of the GGA for better or worse. We were once friends, I am sorry that we are not anymore. One day perhaps, we will speak again.

[b]Moo-Cows of the New Pacific Order[/b]
Moo-Cows, I sold you short way to early before I realized that we were both being manipulated. I should have encouraged the GGA to stand in the defense or the Order rather then to find new friends. While I do feel you were a bit over-bearing at some points, it cannot be denied that you were only trying to help. I shall always consider you a friend for that reason, regardless of what you think of me.

[b]Cornelius of the Viridian Entente[/b]
Cornelius, when you were Lord of the Entente you became my protector as I tried to implement these far reaching reforms that probably led us to this point anyway. I thank you for your commitment to green unity and your willingness to befriend me. It will always be remembered.

[b]Sognatore of Phoenix Rising[/b]
My policy regarding the New Pacific Order, along with a few other things, caused you to leave. I am sorry that this was the path that had to be taken and I am sorry you had to leave your CN home. You have dedicated much time and effort to the well-being of the Grand Global Alliance and I am confident that history will be very kind to your past in the Grand Global Alliance. Thanks for being a friend to me back then.

[b]Andre27 of Phoenix Rising[/b]
Andre27, I am sorry for couping you. There is no other way to describe that. Perhaps one time you may be able to forgive me, but until then, good luck...and god speed.

[b]Qaianna of Phoenix Rising[/b]
Qaianna, the powerhouse in the waning days of the Triumvirate, I should have given you more of a chance. I am sorry friend.

[b]Degenerate108 of Cerebus[/b]
Degenerate, we haven't talked in months. I am sorry that you felt the need to leave. You were a sounding board for me for a long time and never hesitated to tell me when I was wrong. Thank you for that. Good luck in Cerebus.

[b]KungFuHamster of Phoenix Rising[/b]
Another excellent triumvir that came into my line of fire. I apologize for what happened to you and take full responsibility. I hope your home in PhoenixRising has been far kinder then the one you had here.

So with all of that said, please understand that this is a personal statement, and does not represent the government position of the Green Old Party or it's government. If anyone has any questions my coldfront nick is ShanePrice{GOP], thank you all for a great run.

Fortuna Fortes Juvat!!!!
[/quote]

An honorable send off Shane. I'm proud to have served under your command.