Official disbandment of the Grand Global Alliance

[quote name='Byron Orpheus' timestamp='1280323566' post='2392415']
Some people were under the impression that he was going to be back in government, and instead of quelling these rumors our PM Kenfolk decided to fan the flames until everyone got into a big argument and rage quit. I wasn't even there.
[/quote]

Alright I'm tired of this "Kenfolk fanned the flames" argument. About the only two people that think this is true are you Byron, and Dem.

To quell any of this please show logs of me fanning the flames. Until then here are logs of what happened that night and you guys trying to scapegoat me for the problems.

http://pastebin.com/miac1NLN
http://pastebin.com/fL1mW7PM

I feel since GGA disbanded these logs are allowed to be public knowledge

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Kenfolk GTS' timestamp='1280343386' post='2392701']
Alright I'm tired of this "Kenfolk fanned the flames" argument. About the only two people that think this is true are you Byron, and Dem.

To quell any of this please show logs of me fanning the flames. Until then here are logs of what happened that night and you guys trying to scapegoat me for the problems.

http://pastebin.com/miac1NLN
http://pastebin.com/fL1mW7PM

I feel since GGA disbanded these logs are allowed to be public knowledge
[/quote]

Add my name to byrons and dems. The mere fact that you went and created a thread about the !@#$ that went on on the OWF is a testimony to the fact that you were fanning the flames.

Edited by Partisan

We had a CB on GGA? lolwut?

Also, I wasn't aware Ken was a puppet. I've always seen him as the person in GGA gov who didn't drink the "Kill VE koolaid" JB was serving up way back when, not as a puppet.

As sad as it is to see an alliance disband, GGA has been living in stagnancy for quite awhile (at least from an outside view) so it is high time this happened.

I didn't drink the VE is evil koolaid, I drank the "I don't really care about them" koolaid. In fact, if you look at the very early logs before things really started to go south, I consistently tried to patch up relations between our alliances.

But considering that Typo and I had a long conversation about how neither alliance wanted anything to do with the other (other than try to remain civil, but basically a policy of ignoring), it was strange that Ken kept in touch. Not that I am accusing him of spying or anything (him posting every log he could get his hands on to VE or whomever else isn't spying because no one asked for it), but he clearly didn't have the best interests of the alliance in mind.

Now, we all know everyone's source of logs is Ken, so I'm sure that I am some sort of monster/incompetent leader/maniac in the eyes of those who think Ken's theories are the only theories, but the truth is much more mundane, really.

We were all just under a lot of pressure, Dem to lead, me to aid him in that task, and the ministers to keep the alliance going, and it all came to a head over a stupid incident.

The only thing I'm guilty of is staying loyal to my alliance and keeping my opinions to myself, the same as I did when JB was in office, other than some private conversations. I value both in myself and in other alliance members (no matter the alliance) the ability to keep criticisms in private and project solidarity to the rest of the world and to the general membership. That doesn't mean "banning" people for expressing their opinion, it means the government projecting solidarity and attempting to calm members that are upset, and the government members themselves expressing any sort of problems privately. If that makes me some sort of tyrant (and I do have to wonder why I am the scapegoat in all of this, considering I wasn't online during anything but the end, not to mention didn't have any real power, other than emergency power and organizational duties, in the alliance is beyond me, but I guess somehow it was all my fault), then so be it.

[quote name='BlaZeAzZ' timestamp='1280338937' post='2392588']
Dementual has always been a great cn member for as long as i can remember. I would love to have him in any alliance that I am in.[/quote]
I have to agree with this sentiment, Dementual rocks. I remember fighting alongside him in GATO, he was a great guy to have at your side and you always knew he had your back.

[quote name='Partisan' timestamp='1280347156' post='2392793']
Add my name to byrons and dems. The mere fact that you went and created a thread about the !@#$ that went on on the OWF is a testimony to the fact that you were fanning the flames.
[/quote]

With the return of JB into the ranks of the GGA, even if it was to retire, one might say the fire was destined to get out of control.
This is not the time and place to discuss that though.
It is a time for sadness for the disbandment of the Grand Global Alliance, an alliance many amongst us once called home and it is the place to wish the best of luck to those in the GGA at the end in finding a new home.

Leave the bickering somewhere else or even better: get a private room on IRC.

[quote name='Andre27' timestamp='1280352368' post='2392901']
With the return of JB into the ranks of the GGA, even if it was to retire, one might say the fire was destined to get out of control.
It is a time for sadness for the disbandment of the Grand Global Alliance, an alliance many amongst us once called home and it is the place to wish the best of luck to those in the GGA at the end in finding a new home.

[/quote]

You are right. this is not the place nor the time.

Speaking of IRC. if you're on now I'd love to have a chat and hear the story you seem to have been told.

[quote name='Andre27' timestamp='1280352368' post='2392901']

[/quote]

I agree with Andre. I respect all of you guys that tried to keep her alive during the last few months, but let's let her go in peace please.

Edited by WildeKaard

[quote name='Partisan' timestamp='1280353088' post='2392916']
You are right. this is not the place nor the time.

Speaking of IRC. if you're on now I'd love to have a chat and hear the story you seem to have been told.
[/quote]

Just did a complete reinstall of my comp this week, haven't gotten around to installing/setting up IRC yet. Perhaps this weekend.

Byron, there are no theories. What I just provided were not theories. What I provided was information to state exactly what happened so ppl could draw their on conclusions. I'm not running around blaming it on Dem or you, and if nobody had run around saying it was me I probably would've kept those logs to myself. The theories that are spring up are from YOU telling ppl I fanned the flames.

[quote name='Felix von Agnu' timestamp='1280347488' post='2392805']
Also, I wasn't aware Ken was a puppet. I've always seen him as the person in GGA gov who didn't drink the "Kill VE koolaid" JB was serving up way back when, not as a puppet.
[/quote]
To be fair, the logs seem to suggest that the belief was that Ken was a tool, not a puppet. Not quite the same thing.

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1280275191' post='2391775']
You're right. In fact, it inspired me to dig up Prodigal Chieftain's final statement. If you ignore the profanity, [OOC]the rule-breaking[/OOC] and the completely insane parts....

....he was almost on to something.

Truly, he was a prophet.
[/quote]

I frequently miss P_C - a true original among Bobian statespersons.

RIP GGA