Official disbandment of the Grand Global Alliance

[quote name='Rotavele' timestamp='1280277195' post='2391822']
I love how when the GGA disbands, everyone is all "OH IM GONNA MISS YOU AND WE LOVED YOU SO MUCH" where were you when the GGA was under political fire? You hid. So why are you acting like you care now?
[/quote]
Just think of GGA as CN's Michael Jackson.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how when the GGA disbands, everyone is all "OH IM GONNA MISS YOU AND WE LOVED YOU SO MUCH" where were you when the GGA was under political fire? You hid. So why are you acting like you care now?
[/quote]

we've had so much fun with GGA's fail that is sad we cant lol at them in the future :(

[quote name='WildeKaard' timestamp='1280266290' post='2391639']
In an additional point of irony, if you had gotten your desired conflict, those you would have crossed swords with would almost certainly not be the ones that, in your personal point of view, committed said atrocities
[/quote]

Actually, much of the general membership of GGA is still recognizable. They had many loyal members who stood with them no matter how ridiculous it got.

Although many of the movers and shakers had left, including most of the architects of the Viridicide and subsequent reign of terror on Green, the general membership was what enabled the leadership to do those things because they gave support. So I would have thoroughly enjoyed a mix-up with them, even if many of the specific ones were no longer there.

[quote name='pasquali' timestamp='1280292857' post='2392167']
the general membership was what enabled the leadership to do those things because they gave support.
[/quote]
I, and a lot of other 2007 exiles, would disagree with you. However, I do understand your point.

[img]http://www.workbloom.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/tightrope-walker.jpg[/img]

I have been following GGA's tightrope walk very closely the past few months. I have charted your stats, watched your fits and starts, discussed your motivations with JB and your hopes for growth with Byron Orpheus. Therefore, the demise of the GGA came with little surprise and yet at the same time I felt a certain amount sadness when the rope you were walking upon no longer carried the weight.

I wish you individual GGA members nation well. May you all find an alliance which compliments your talents, work-ethic and pride for it took each of these to keep your alliance going for as long as it did. I, as an individual member nation of the Viridian Entente, salute you all.

I'd often try to avoid commenting in Grand Global Alliance-related threads, especially after things started turning ugly. And never really was much of a 'hail this' sort of person.

Still, I started my life in this brave new world in the Alliance (and my recruiter actually posted here too). I can't deny having my own dreams of bringing the GGA out of its slump, but at this point the best thing to say is good bye to the institution, and may the devout holdouts fare better in their new homes. Say what you will, you can't fault their loyalty.

Little surprised at Shane's words as well (especially regarding me). It takes a lot to say what you did. Take care.

[/quote]

i think people are more so being facetious and reliving the old GGA threads that used to pop up and provide some comic relief. ya, the joke was at GGA's expense, but nonetheless it was hilarious. certainly, nobody 'hid'... if anything i'd say people fueled that fire.

[quote name='Roadie' timestamp='1280262752' post='2391557']
Shame on the GM of GGA for accepting this action from an illegitimate government. If someone couped an alliance I was a member of only to disband it, you can bet everything you have that there's no way in this or any other world that I would accept it. I wish you all the best in your future endeavors and may you never allow yourselves to be taken for granted like this again.
[/quote]

I find this response somewhat ironic. If members had tried to do so we would have received all the flak in the world for creating more 'lolGGA drama', yet, now that we finally disband we should have went on?. Besides this, believe me when I say that it was virtually impossible to go on due to recent events.

[quote name='Andre27' timestamp='1280263382' post='2391576']
As i understand, Dementual wanted to retire and as a replacement he tried to get JB to take his place.
Both GM and allies would not stand for this. The majority of ministers resigned.

Although i have not heard anything about this i assume the GM would not accept Byron (GGA Regent) as their supreme leader and in the end the path was chosen for disbandment.

When there is no upper and lower government, there are few places left to go.
[/quote]

It seems like we both have a different understanding of the situation. I'd go into these words with you but not in this thread. Perhaps I'll hook you up on IRC sometime.

[quote name='Andre27' timestamp='1280263382' post='2391576']
As i understand, Dementual wanted to retire and as a replacement he tried to get JB to take his place.
Both GM and allies would not stand for this. The majority of ministers resigned.

Although i have not heard anything about this i assume the GM would not accept Byron (GGA Regent) as their supreme leader and in the end the path was chosen for disbandment.

When there is no upper and lower government, there are few places left to go.
[/quote]
That is so far from the truth it is retarded.

Jonathan Brookbank approached us because he wanted to retire, and wanted GGA to have his NS. Some people were under the impression that he was going to be back in government, and instead of quelling these rumors our PM Kenfolk decided to fan the flames until everyone got into a big argument and rage quit. I wasn't even there.

[quote name='Byron Orpheus' timestamp='1280323566' post='2392415']Jonathan Brookbank approached us because he wanted to retire, and wanted GGA to have his NS. Some people were under the impression that he was going to be back in government, and instead of quelling these rumors our PM Kenfolk decided to fan the flames until everyone got into a big argument and rage quit. I wasn't even there.[/quote]

I read those logs. They were funny, but you're misrepresenting things if you wish to blame it all on Kenfolk.

(I especially liked the part where Dementual blamed everything on VE.)

<clears throat>
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

OMFG HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This is so freaking funny! I cant tell you. Remember that coup a little while back where dementuial Jb and a bunch of other morons decided that they were gods and took over the alliance? well lets look at how they did!

Lest we forget that they got in power by ousting the current leadership, deleting the forums, creating their own and forcing anyone that wasn't back in to acknowledge them as the leaders.

SO

To Any alliance out there that Dementuial, JB, or any of the other people that were involved in the coup, is trying to join remember this... do you want that kind of threat in your alliance?
Do you want these people who will go to any length to steal power from you inside of your alliance? If you care about your alliance as you should, the answer is no.

Good day

Cygnus
Cerberus Director of Defense

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' timestamp='1280332283' post='2392504']
VE mostly forgot that GGA was around, and still, ended up being a factor in their demise. How sad is that.
[/quote]
If by 'sad' you mean 'hilarious' then.....very.

btw....for those who haven't seen them yet, there are indeed [url="http://pastebin.com/miac1NLN"]logs[/url] of the big blowout that led to this announcement. I don't know if they're 100% accurate. Neither do I know who posted them originally.

Funny stuff, though.

[quote name='smeagolthevile' timestamp='1280333688' post='2392528']
<clears throat>
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

OMFG HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This is so freaking funny! I cant tell you. Remember that coup a little while back where dementuial Jb and a bunch of other morons decided that they were gods and took over the alliance? well lets look at how they did!

Lest we forget that they got in power by ousting the current leadership, deleting the forums, creating their own and forcing anyone that wasn't back in to acknowledge them as the leaders.

SO

To Any alliance out there that Dementuial, JB, or any of the other people that were involved in the coup, is trying to join remember this... do you want that kind of threat in your alliance?
Do you want these people who will go to any length to steal power from you inside of your alliance? If you care about your alliance as you should, the answer is no.

Good day

Cygnus
Cerberus Director of Defense
[/quote]
Dementual has always been a great cn member for as long as i can remember. I would love to have him in any alliance that I am in. JB can be hardheaded sometimes, but he still is a great member with great ideas .. What was GGA before they came? At least they tried something to save it ( from what i heard, they were going downhill before hand )

And in regards to the disbandment, its always to see an alliance go their own way.. esp. one with a long history.