Which alliances are the most likely to start the next big war?

Cesar Julian

[quote name='Delta1212' date='11 July 2010 - 06:01 PM' timestamp='1278889263' post='2367339']
"I could win this war with some simple precautions but I won't bother with that because it will be more entertaining for other people if I just let myself lose."
[/quote]

If you and everyone else who won the last war could start thinking like this for the next year, that would be great.

Thanks in advance ;)

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Delta1212' date='12 July 2010 - 12:01 AM' timestamp='1278889263' post='2367339']
"I could win this war with some simple precautions but I won't bother with that because it will be more entertaining for other people if I just let myself lose."
[/quote]

Did you just pull a TOLWYN and quote yourself? Or is this some unknown quote I've never heard?

[quote name='Delta1212' date='12 July 2010 - 01:30 AM' timestamp='1278894585' post='2367437']
The quotation marks are used to designate the thoughts of a hypothetical person following Timeline's advice as distinct from my own words.
[/quote]

oh ok I misunderstood completely then my bad.

[quote name='bigwoody' date='11 July 2010 - 07:08 AM' timestamp='1278828520' post='2366705']
s.
It is also sad to realize that most of the top alliances got where they are by being followers. Ugh.
[/quote]

Oh yes, so true. And TORN are the greatest leaders this game ever had. So keep talking, because it makes too much sense for TORN to be complaining about others being followers.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' date='11 July 2010 - 11:51 AM' timestamp='1278874255' post='2367103']
Good sir, this is not a draft! Also, if we get Legion, I must insist that RyanGDI replace Hoo in RoK to make things fair.
[/quote]

Hater.

Also, I am going to pick a fight with ODN so that we can properly bring on a bit of the old ultra-violence.

[quote name='Free Quebec' date='11 July 2010 - 07:32 PM' timestamp='1278894743' post='2367448']
Oh yes, so true. And TORN are the greatest leaders this game ever had. So keep talking, because it makes too much sense for TORN to be complaining about others being followers.
[/quote]
You're cute. Did I hit a nerve?

Hmm.

I might have to go with some alliances in SF trying to distance themselves from CnG while the others want to be really close. I feel like that will break SF in pieces (not exactly half) and will lead to further conflict.

[quote name='jeff barr' date='11 July 2010 - 03:46 PM' timestamp='1278877547' post='2367153']
EDIT: Picture represents Moldavi's last moments as Emperor.....Covered in Lucite, in the famous Lorne Green Battlestar Galactica Death Pose. The best death ever of course.
[/quote]
This is one of the most ignorant statements made in this thread. Since Moldavi is a very healthy person, and sexy.

[quote name='Delta1212' date='11 July 2010 - 07:01 PM' timestamp='1278889263' post='2367339']
[/quote]
Sounds almost like the first GOONS going into UWJ tbh

[quote name='Believland' date='11 July 2010 - 07:51 AM' timestamp='1278852691' post='2366892']
We know you won't stir the pot. You're afraid of being aligned to a losing side.[/quote]

More like we don't want any of our prodigious friends to lose, as people aligned against us generally don't win. But hell, if they don't join us in victory, they can serve us in defeat.

Edited by Olaf Styke

[quote name='Olaf Styke' date='11 July 2010 - 10:48 PM' timestamp='1278906496' post='2367697']
Awww, you quoted me before I decided that was too mean and changed it. Oh well, joke made, offense taken.
[/quote]
I was curious as to why you randomly inserted my alliance into your post.

[quote]I can't imagine anyone not in the SF/CnG/NOIR/LEO/Polaris/VE sphere starting anything unless it was just an egregious violation and a clear cut, lock solid CB at this point.[/quote]

Haha, oh boy. Someone missed the last war.

[quote]It is also sad to realize that most of the top alliances got where they are by being followers.[/quote]

I lol'd.

Edited by Xiphosis

[quote name='Dom Zak' date='11 July 2010 - 10:44 PM' timestamp='1278902622' post='2367639']
Hmm.

I might have to go with some alliances in SF trying to distance themselves from CnG while the others want to be really close. I feel like that will break SF in pieces (not exactly half) and will lead to further conflict.
[/quote]
no it's going to be a perfectly even split. We'll move nations from Rok to Fark if necessary. (it's only fair that we don't make them change spheres.)

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' date='11 July 2010 - 11:51 PM' timestamp='1278906674' post='2367700']
I was curious as to why you randomly inserted my alliance into your post.
[/quote]
Most people seem not to realize that Bleiveland isn't actually in TOP. It seems to be an on-going thing.

[quote name='Olaf Styke' date='11 July 2010 - 11:41 PM' timestamp='1278906085' post='2367691']
More like we don't want any of our prodigious friends to lose, as people aligned against us generally don't win. But hell, if they don't join us in victory, they can serve us in defeat.
[/quote]
That's because you kinda flopped from being a NPO puppet to the CnG side.

[quote name='Delta1212' date='12 July 2010 - 12:06 AM' timestamp='1278907583' post='2367714']
Most people seem not to realize that Bleiveland isn't actually in TOP. It seems to be an on-going thing.
[/quote]
It's sad. I've been out of TOP for about half a year. Nor am I aligned with them in anyway, save for my pip if you count that.

[quote name='Free Quebec' date='11 July 2010 - 08:32 PM' timestamp='1278894743' post='2367448']
[/quote]

Wow, I didn't know you thought so highly of me and the rest of our gov. Thanks! I don't know about "greatest leader" status, though I'll settle for "pretty decent". :smug:

[quote name='Believland' date='11 July 2010 - 11:12 PM' timestamp='1278907903' post='2367717']
That's because you kinda flopped from being a NPO puppet to the CnG side.[/quote]

Yeah, that's because I have a goddamn time machine. I went forward in time, saw that NPO was gonna lose, came back in time and switched sides. Then I was like 'BAWWW YEAH', but then I got an alert from my spies in the future who said TOP was gonna lose so I changed from the non-TOP aligned but somehow TOP aligned side of the MDP web, to the non-TOP allied side of the MDP web just in time to be declared war on by TOP. It was a damn near miss, but thanks to me and my time machine, Sparta is safe again! HURRAH!

[quote name='Olaf Styke' date='12 July 2010 - 12:27 AM' timestamp='1278908808' post='2367729']
Yeah, that's because I have a goddamn time machine. I went forward in time, saw that NPO was gonna lose, came back in time and switched sides. Then I was like 'BAWWW YEAH', but then I got an alert from my spies in the future who said TOP was gonna lose so I changed from the non-TOP aligned but somehow TOP aligned side of the MDP web, to the non-TOP allied side of the MDP web just in time to be declared war on by TOP. It was a damn near miss, but thanks to me and my time machine, Sparta is safe again! HURRAH!
[/quote]
Time machine? You don't need one of those, just a day or so of notice before someone declares a war. You should know that by now.