Which alliances are the most likely to start the next big war?

Cesar Julian

In my opinion, the most likely way a major war (not global) will start is if SuperGrievences find a CB on an alliance in NPO's side (NPO, Iron Curtain).

If anybody is looking for a global war, your going to have to wait until SuperGrievences realizes that the "ex-Hegemony" is not willing enough to unite and fight together.

Edited by Ryan Greenberg

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1280496195' post='2394958']
Obviously ex-Hegemony doesn't hold any significant political or military power at this moment in time. It can't hope to contend with SF and C&G. It doesn't mean that it doesn't exist as a force within CN, however. It simply applies to a group of alliances who are outside of SG influence, who are largely ex-Hegemony, and largely our enemies.
[/quote]

You really missed the point of what vladimir was saying. Take a look at IRON's recent treaty cancellations, look at legion's treaty cancellations, look at purple unity falling apart. There is no material 'ex-hegemony', and there is no shadowy conspiracy. The grand showdown took place during Karma, and the final nail in the coffin came with the bipolar war. While it is convenient to your alliance to think that there is a cohesive and potent alternative to Super Grievances, you are stabbing at shadows, the enemy you speak of is a phantom constructed out of fear and misunderstanding. In reality, all that remains is an isolated collection of alliances with divergent goals and interests. Most simply want to be left alone.

So in reality you do not have a 'common enemy', you have a common fear, and a common paranoia. In time hopefully that will fade, then we can all move on.

[quote name='Olaf Styke' timestamp='1278830391' post='2366735']
If Super-Grievances breaks, it's not going to be any time soon. As for Sparta, we have no reason to stir the pot, we're exactly where we want to be, otherwise we'd be doing something about it.
[/quote]

[quote name='Olaf Styke' timestamp='1279141500' post='2371531']
You can complain all you want, there is no getting around the fact we won. Weather it be by having more allies or fighting better, it comes down to the same thing: We played the game better. There is no other explanation.
[/quote]

[color="#008000"][i]>Implying that Sparta is a follower and waits for others to make the first move.[/i][/color]

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1278834963' post='2366788']
I heard that ince Karma War spy isn't a CB anymore. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

[quote name='Ryuzaki' timestamp='1278835379' post='2366792']
People who think that are incredibly foolish.
[/quote]

Spying is only a CB if the spying alliance can chain NPO and allies into the war. Otherwise no one cares.

Edited by iamthey

[quote name='iamthey' timestamp='1280640580' post='2396820']
You really missed the point of what vladimir was saying. Take a look at IRON's recent treaty cancellations, look at legion's treaty cancellations, look at purple unity falling apart. There is no material 'ex-hegemony', and there is no shadowy conspiracy. The grand showdown took place during Karma, and the final nail in the coffin came with the bipolar war. While it is convenient to your alliance to think that there is a cohesive and potent alternative to Super Grievances, you are stabbing at shadows, the enemy you speak of is a phantom constructed out of fear and misunderstanding. In reality, all that remains is an isolated collection of alliances with divergent goals and interests. Most simply want to be left alone.[/quote]
I think this sums up my opinion. The ex-Hegemony became the "ex-Hegemony" after BiPolar. They were too politically and militarily defeated to ever unite again, even with NPO. Today, the "ex-Hegemony" is just a made up enemy for those expect another SuperGrievences victory in the next global war. I realize that at the moment SuperGrievences won't split, but I expect it to happen eventually by the end of the year.

[quote name='Muddog' timestamp='1280479961' post='2394885']
I don't see a war for a few months, but NPO is getting back up in their tech, so I figure they will be rolled first, after that I see either MHA or TOP getting it next. I think the "pieces" of the old world have to be removed before anything big happens.
[/quote]
If by 'old world' you mean Pacifica and its old allies, that would entail the removal of a massive chunk of the world's alliances, most of SF included.