Which alliances are the most likely to start the next big war?

Cesar Julian

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Max Cristof' date='11 July 2010 - 01:28 AM' timestamp='1278826116' post='2366657']
What about last war? :huh:
[/quote]
Last war started with NpO curbstomping \m/.

It did feature some people doing dumb things. Those people have since lost enough NS to not be able to do that again.

[quote name='D34th' date='11 July 2010 - 03:56 AM' timestamp='1278834963' post='2366788']
I heard that ince Karma War spy isn't a CB anymore. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

That depends on if you uncover the spy network with spies of your own.

"Our spies told us we're being spied upon" looks rather silly, don't you think?

Edited by Viking

[quote name='Viking' date='11 July 2010 - 08:49 AM' timestamp='1278845355' post='2366848']

[/quote]

I wont argue about it butI'll give just my opinion: Even if the spying was caught for another spy doesn't make the CB of the first one vanish.

I understand that you and the entire Karma side support your point of view but I don't.

[quote name='D34th' date='12 July 2010 - 12:32 AM' timestamp='1278847937' post='2366862']
I wont argue about it butI'll give just my opinion: Even if the spying was caught for another spy doesn't make the CB of the first one vanish.

I understand that you and the entire Karma side support your point of view but I don't.
[/quote]

Thats not the view I take and I don't believe it is the view most of forces that made up Karma hold.

What happened in Karma was the accepting of information from a third party. Thats different from one alliance purposefully sending someone to actively spy on another alliance.

[quote name='Ryuzaki' date='11 July 2010 - 09:40 AM' timestamp='1278848418' post='2366865']
Thats not the view I take and I don't believe it is the view most of forces that made up Karma hold.
[/quote]

This is exactly what I said.

[quote name='D34th' date='11 July 2010 - 09:32 AM' timestamp='1278847937' post='2366862']
I understand that [b]you and the entire Karma side support your point of view[/b] but I don't.
[/quote]

[quote name='D34th' date='11 July 2010 - 07:32 AM' timestamp='1278847937' post='2366862']

[/quote]

I'm about the last person you'll find that will side with the Karma mentality, and if you were paying attention during the actual Karma War itself you would have seen me disagreeing with a wide array of things Karma is associated with.

[quote name='Viking' date='11 July 2010 - 09:55 AM' timestamp='1278849329' post='2366878']
I'm about the last person you'll find that will side with the Karma mentality, and if you were paying attention during the actual Karma War itself you would have seen me disagreeing with a wide array of things Karma is associated with.
[/quote]

I don't know why you're still arguing, doesn't matter for me if you side with Karma mentality or no, you and Karma as whole thinks that's NPO didn't had a CB and that what I said.

Edited by D34th

[quote name='Olaf Styke' date='11 July 2010 - 02:40 AM' timestamp='1278830391' post='2366735']
If Super-Grievances breaks, it's not going to be any time soon. As for Sparta, we have no reason to stir the pot, we're exactly where we want to be, otherwise we'd be doing something about it.
[/quote]
We know you won't stir the pot. You're afraid of being aligned to a losing side.

[quote name='Homeboy' date='11 July 2010 - 04:21 AM' timestamp='1278836496' post='2366801']
The pixel hugging is whats continuing the prolonged status quo in this game. We might be looking to another winter classic at this rate. If any of you get a CB, do me a favor and use it :)
[/quote]
No, it's more like the paranoia of the larger alliances.

[quote name='Viking' date='11 July 2010 - 06:49 AM' timestamp='1278845355' post='2366848']

[/quote]
How do you think spies get found out?

The next war will probably be against Hegemony. There won't be a CnG/SF split because everyone is watching their back for the big bad Hegemony

[quote name='D34th' date='12 July 2010 - 12:47 AM' timestamp='1278848819' post='2366871']
This is exactly what I said.
[/quote]

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I was saying that the view Viking gave is not mine or the one I believe the majority of the karma forces held.

[quote name='Believland' date='11 July 2010 - 08:51 AM' timestamp='1278852691' post='2366892']
The next war will probably be against Hegemony. There won't be a CnG/SF split because everyone is watching their back for the big bad Hegemony
[/quote]
If we yell BOO, you think they will scream like little girls?

[quote name='D34th' date='11 July 2010 - 08:28 AM' timestamp='1278851287' post='2366885']
I don't know why you're still arguing, doesn't matter for me if you side with Karma mentality or no, you and Karma as whole thinks that's NPO didn't had a CB and that what I said.
[/quote]

I never said anything about the NPO or otherwise, go back and read what I first posted. It wasn't about whether or not NPO was justified, it was about the hypocrisy of declaring it a valid CB while admitting to the same crime. I'm sure you can point this back at my "side" a hundred times, but I don't think anyone here is personally in lockstep with whichever "side" that may be. That's why I pointed out your grasping at Karma as an argument to what I said is not based in any kind of truth.

Here's how it's gonna go down:

The Indigo Plateau, a small and irrelevant alliance allied to MK and a few others (largely in the C&G/Blue sphere of things) will trade paint with another small and irrelevant alliance, like say... UIR or OO or FK. MK will roll in when it becomes evident that so too are the opposing sides' forces, TIP will be utterly decimated (as will our opponent), and hopefully, when the dust settles, C&G and SF will have split, Polar will have joined, the former-hegemony family will have been sucked in, and all you impatient pieces of !@#$ will be happy.

It amazes me that this thread pops up after [i]literally[/i] every single major conflict, with people accusing the game of stat collecting, stagnation, ect ect, and plead and beg for a CB to get us back into the action. We're in the action, it's happening now, and if you want crazy drama and a huge war, you naturally have to let it stir and build up pressure. It always takes a little while to get to the boiling point, and it will take quite possibly a little bit longer this time around since everyone went ape!@#$ in the last war.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' date='10 July 2010 - 10:46 PM' timestamp='1278816373' post='2366493']
Who will start it? Difficult to say...but afterward, who actually started it will depend entirely on who you ask.
[/quote]
I'm sure someone will say we did. -_-

I don't really think that the political field for another great war exists right now. The whole MDP web is essentially a massive cohesive tripolar group, with a second and smaller but isolated grouping around the alliances that lost the last two wars. The latter still bear the scars of war (or in NPO's case, reps), and even in the best case scenario would be unlikely to muster more than a quarter of the strength that SG could field in a war, so you are unlikely to see any kind of jingoist policy there (as it would be political and military suicide to start something). On the other hand, whilst it would be so one sided it would hardly qualify as a "big war", SG could certainly exploit some "incident" with a small peripheral alliance, or magnify charges like the ones that led to the TPF war, but you have to take into account that SG itself is fairly multipolar and the current climate has been quite politically quiet. Both of these increase the requirements over how big any "incident" has to be (or the war could come at the cost of a massive split in the coalition that would likely leave the "winners" at the wrong side of the next great war).

Really, the main problem is, as I said, the political field. We are at a point where the "remnants" of the losers of the last two wars are still around, and the international web is still viewed in terms of two sides with said remnants on one of them, but their ability to provide a world-war level opposition no longer exists. So you need to wait and see how politics will shift over the next few months (and it is still too early after the last war to get any significant shake-up). You do get a rather interesting possibility of smaller coalitions (i.e, no side going above 30-40m-ish NS)being able to fight rather even wars, but it is still hard to keep those from escalating (though less hard than previous conflicts). The moment one side starts losing badly, you'd have their allies step in and either make it into a curbstomp (if one side is much less well-connected than the other) or a quickly negotiated light peace (if they are equally well connected or the war is unpopular).

Nordreich, having become bored with being nice, will ignite a war against the lolCommies. Owing to the intricacies of the treaty web, many alliances will find themselves declaring war on both sides.

Eventually, thousands of nations will become involved, the GRL will top out around 100 and, after weeks of unremitting warfare and hundreds of ZIs on all sides, all parties will be suing for peace.

Mere days after the grand peace accords that end said conflict, the International and Nordreich will form a new "Red-Brown Bloc" that will include all alliances that identify as Leftist or Nationalist. Three days after that, someone will make a thread saying, "CN is boring."

[quote name='D34th' date='11 July 2010 - 12:32 PM' timestamp='1278847937' post='2366862']

[/quote]

With an attitude like that I think its safe to assume Polar are already spying on people to manufacture yet another war.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='11 July 2010 - 06:19 AM' timestamp='1278843580' post='2366837']
Last war started with NpO curbstomping \m/.
[/quote]

Partially correct. Though we all know how that ended for them. :)

And I saw people betting on \m/ starting it again. I'll try not to let you all down.

[quote name='General Rex' date='11 July 2010 - 07:50 AM' timestamp='1278849037' post='2366873']
I wouldn't be suprised if it involved the New Pacific Order some how. Just seeing how there moving back up the alliance list and Karma never wanted that to happen again.
[/quote]

NPO isn't going to start it. They'll be in it.

Edit: And probably blamed for it later.

Edited by Max Cristof