Obvious announcement from STA regarding AAs and obviousness

Siberian Tiger Alliance Cadet is (obviously) the Siberian Tiger Alliance's Cadet AA. This is where folks go while they're in our training program until they are granted full access and membership. To most people, it's obvious. They're part of STA, and we protect them. To others, it's not. So I'm going to be a little frank here.

We are a very "nice" alliance. We have a reputation for being nice and calm and liking to stick to ourselves and being easy to work with. This probably translates into a reputation for being pushovers. I don't know if folks keep raiding our cadet AA because they think they can get away with it or if they're just dumb. I know there are a lot of dumb people out here, but I think you have to be pretty moronic to look at our cadet AA and assume it's ok to raid it, despite the clear name, because it has a small amount of people in it.

We don't care if your charter allows you to raid alliances with less than 10, 15 or 20 members. Actually, we don't particularly care who your charter allows you to raid. If you raid the clearly labeled STA Cadet AA, you're peacing out your war and sending the requisite amount of reps. This has happened about a dozen times in the last 30 days. In some of the cases, folks have actually told us "Too bad, it's allowed by our charter." Really. I'm getting pretty tired of spending hours trying to peacefully resolve these issues over and over again. Yeah, yeah. It's my job. I get that. I'm lazy. And they're being stupid. Stop raiding our cadets. If you screw up and raid them, when we come to you, peace it out and pay the reps. It's really that simple. If you want to argue about why you shouldn't pay reps, we're just going to take them from you forcibly.

TL;DR: For those who are too dense to figure it out, the Siberian Tiger Alliance Cadet AA is protected by the Siberian Tiger Alliance. Leave them alone.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='ktarthan' date='17 June 2010 - 05:14 PM' timestamp='1276809244' post='2340993']
My first instinct when reading this was to check the GOONS war screen. I'm glad it was not us this time.

Good luck getting sorted out, and hopefully raiders will have more sense in the future.
[/quote]

Nope. You had a couple of brand new guys did it a few weeks back, but were really easy to work with about it. I think it took about 5 sentences. "Yeah, those are our guys." "Oh, crap, we're sorry, how much do we owe you?" "xxx$" "Ok, here you go." "Thanks, have a nice day."

Which is how it should be. It's not a difficult process. TAKE A LESSON FROM GOONS, CN. (I can't believe I just said that.)

[quote name='pezstar' date='17 June 2010 - 10:16 PM' timestamp='1276809378' post='2340997']
Nope. You had a couple of brand new guys did it a few weeks back, but were really easy to work with about it. I think it took about 5 sentences. "Yeah, those are our guys." "Oh, crap, we're sorry, how much do we owe you?" "xxx$" "Ok, here you go." "Thanks, have a nice day."

[b]Which is how it should be. It's not a difficult process.[/b] TAKE A LESSON FROM GOONS, CN. (I can't believe I just said that.)
[/quote]

Or you could always just use common sense and not raid them in the first place. :P

Yea, pretty dumb someone would do that. Best of luck STA.

[quote name='Felix von Agnu' date='17 June 2010 - 05:20 PM' timestamp='1276809640' post='2341002']
What genius would actually say that they could raid a protected AA because their charter allows it. :facepalm:
[/quote]

http://www.cybernations.net/search_wars.asp?search=397647&Extended=1

It happened just today.

Silly n00bs. when SJB comes across rogues or raiders.. we don't ask for reps. we give our members the means to take them.

Best wishes to all your Cadets STA. ^_^

[quote name='Scorponok' date='17 June 2010 - 07:05 PM' timestamp='1276815882' post='2341133']
Seriously this is why we need a law for making sure new alliances can actually function before existing. Honestly, if you're stupid enough to raid an AA, you deserve the repercussions. Sorry to hear about this STA.
[/quote]

Social Darwinism my good friend. These idiots are doing us a service. Best of luck STA in dealing with these idiots.

sad to say.. lots of noobs = lots of headaches..

I commend the STA for not unleashing its wrath on those vultures attacking your cubs...

I think you could always turn this into more academy work.. coordinated Pest Control.. each attack gets 2 + stagger .. nice for war training. :)

[quote name='xoindotnler' date='17 June 2010 - 07:22 PM' timestamp='1276820553' post='2341233']
Force them to put "Protected by STA" in there bio.

When there is still some one stupid enough to raid, roll there entire alliance.
[/quote]
Why? Next youll suggest that everyone on the STA AA put the same thing in their bio. If you arent smart enough to realize an applicant/cadet AA such as GOONS or STA then you need not be raiding

[quote name='wickedj' date='18 June 2010 - 03:29 AM' timestamp='1276824576' post='2341302']
Why? Next youll suggest that everyone on the STA AA put the same thing in their bio. If you arent smart enough to realize an applicant/cadet AA such as GOONS or STA then you need not be raiding
[/quote]
That was what I meant. :unsure: