Obvious announcement from STA regarding AAs and obviousness

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Londo Mollari' date='18 June 2010 - 03:16 AM' timestamp='1276845396' post='2341696']
I don't remember who told me this before, but I have had this argument used against me before in a similiar situation. I told the person that the Athens charter allows me absolute power over military operations, linked him to our stats, and asked him if he wanted me to wipe him off the planet. He relented quickly. :v
[/quote]

Boo Londo is ebil

IMO anyone who hits you (Applicant AA or not) gets hit back. Then reps are discussed.

[quote name='White Chocolate' date='18 June 2010 - 02:04 PM' timestamp='1276884272' post='2342092']
This is highly amusing and entirely foreseeable given recent history. :lol1:

What is the excuse that is given on OWF regarding "tech raids" recently by the larger alliances when it's brought up? Exactly the one mentioned by the OP above :excl: And what happens after it is given? Nothing, as long as it is indeed within the large alliance's charter.

Inexperienced leaders of small alliances who want to tech raid are only following what they see as being accepted as justification for raiding. Apparently they are missing the "fine print" of this unwritten "international law." :P

(fine print: might makes right. Small alliances should simply not tech raid until they are big enough to enforce it upon others and/or pay 3 million to the raid victim's alliance every time someone makes a judgment error on who they raid.)
[/quote]

Really? You find the fact that we are posting something stating to the world that our cadet alliance is, indeed, protected by STA after it had been raided around a dozen times in the last month us trying to play might makes right? Really? That's what you took out of this? From STA? Well. Ok then. Who am I to be surprised at the level of intelligence of my fellow nation leaders? I did have to post this, after all.

[quote name='pezstar' date='18 June 2010 - 05:08 PM' timestamp='1276898902' post='2342259']
Really? You find the fact that we are posting something stating to the world that our cadet alliance is, indeed, protected by STA after it had been raided around a dozen times in the last month us trying to play might makes right?
[/quote]

No. That's not what I said. My comment has nothing to do with STA in particular. All I am saying is that it is not surprising to me that the excuse of "but it's in our charter" has become popular. It's been used on OWF recently by larger groups. Other people are just following what they see happening. My comment of "might makes right" was not directed at the Siberian Tiger Alliance. I think STA is handling the situation very well.

Edited by White Chocolate

[quote name='fluffyewunga' date='17 June 2010 - 04:23 PM' timestamp='1276809819' post='2341007']
Some people are just to dense for words. Many alliances use "noob" AA's these day. Get with the program people and make sure your members know to leave them alone
[/quote]
'These days'? 'Applicant' alliances have been around for at least ... um ... well, longer than I've been around, anyway--the first AA I ever flew was 'GGA Applicant'. I wonder how many of these alliances are really up on normal behaviour, or at least recognising that a group with 'Siberian Tiger Alliance' as a significant part of its name may actually be affiliated with the Siberian Tiger Alliance.

[quote name='hizzy' date='18 June 2010 - 07:30 PM' timestamp='1276885818' post='2342108']
shoot first, ask question later.

if they don't want to take the time to make sure they're raiding a "clean" target, then you don't owe them the time for a peaceful resolution.
[/quote]

Sounds like a solid policy to have.

[quote name='pezstar' date='17 June 2010 - 05:09 PM' timestamp='1276808960' post='2340985']I'm getting pretty tired of spending hours trying to peacefully resolve these issues over and over again.[/quote]

The best part of banging your head against a wall is that it feels so good when you stop.

So....stop.

[quote name='pezstar' date='18 June 2010 - 03:08 PM' timestamp='1276898902' post='2342259']
Really? You find the fact that we are posting something stating to the world that our cadet alliance is, indeed, protected by STA after it had been raided around a dozen times in the last month us trying to play might makes right? Really? That's what you took out of this? From STA? Well. Ok then. Who am I to be surprised at the level of intelligence of my fellow nation leaders? I did have to post this, after all.
[/quote]

Damn.. I'm agreeing with Pezstar.. and its not about Nukes being fun to lob at each other :P

Seriously.. Applicant AA's are pretty much a foregone conclusion that they are protected.. DERR
IQ's are dropping faster than Bob's Population...

Good luck in the future STA.. Just make em burn
oo/

[quote name='White Chocolate' date='18 June 2010 - 12:04 PM' timestamp='1276884272' post='2342092']
This is highly amusing and entirely foreseeable given recent history. :lol1:

What is the excuse that is given on OWF regarding "tech raids" recently by the larger alliances when it's brought up? Exactly the one mentioned by the OP above :excl: And what happens after it is given? Nothing, as long as it is indeed within the large alliance's charter.

Inexperienced leaders of small alliances who want to tech raid are only following what they see as being accepted as justification for raiding. Apparently they are missing the "fine print" of this unwritten "international law." :P

(fine print: might makes right. Small alliances should simply not tech raid until they are big enough to enforce it upon others and/or pay 3 million to the raid victim's alliance every time someone makes a judgment error on who they raid.)
[/quote]
Might does not necessarily make right. But it certainly makes things easier. If a small alliances wants to make the same announcement the STA just made, all the power to them. And if they have the strength (be that through their own power or an ally's) to enforce their statement of defending their AA then people will take them seriously. But there are no admin given rights in this world. You and your alliance's security in this world is your own responsibility. Do not sit back and think that you are automatically afforded some kind of moral protection.

[quote name='FallenFool' date='18 June 2010 - 06:55 PM' timestamp='1276901701' post='2342288']
I blame tech raiding for this.

Not sure if I should but, hell, it sounds like a good idea.
[/quote]

Sorry, Polar, we're still not going to let you forcibly determine other alliances' policies. :)

[quote name='Penkala' date='21 June 2010 - 01:24 AM' timestamp='1277043861' post='2343741']
Sorry, Polar, we're still not going to let you forcibly determine other alliances' policies. :)
[/quote]

Penkala this thread isn't about you, it's about idiots.

Oh hang on...

[quote name='pezstar' date='18 June 2010 - 07:08 PM' timestamp='1276898902' post='2342259']
[/quote]

Wow, did you just insult the lady's intelligence while clearly misreading her post?

Speaking of "having" to post this, if they don't recognize who STA is from seeing the AA do you really think they read the OWF?

[quote name='Penkala' date='20 June 2010 - 10:24 AM' timestamp='1277043861' post='2343741']
[/quote]I stated a personal opinion. I didn't attempt to influence anyones policy. Unless you think my word carries enough weight to automatically influence the opinions and thoughts of others. In which case I'm rather flattered at your high opinion of me.

But, of course, that's not what you meant. Instead you're just a sad, obtuse little man grasping at straws in an effort to smear both myself and my alliance because it suits your rather small-minded agenda. Rather transparent and amusing really.

[quote name='Penkala' date='20 June 2010 - 10:24 AM' timestamp='1277043861' post='2343741']
[/quote]

No, you'll just try to forcibly determine their opinions.

[quote name='Wad of Lint' date='21 June 2010 - 10:07 PM' timestamp='1277172403' post='2346027']
No, you'll just try to forcibly determine their opinions.
[/quote]

When have I ever done that?

[quote]But, of course, that's not what you meant. Instead you're just a sad, obtuse little man grasping at straws in an effort to smear both myself and my alliance because it suits your rather small-minded agenda. Rather transparent and amusing really. [/quote]

Says the man who brought up alliances' policies of tech raiding in an attempt to smear them (even when you admitted you weren't sure if that was where the blame should be placed). The fact is most of these wars aren't started as allowed tech raids, so placing blame on the practice was out of line. If you're allowed to make ridiculous stretches to get a swipe in on other alliances' policies, why can't I do the same to you?

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Londo Mollari' date='18 June 2010 - 03:16 AM' timestamp='1276845396' post='2341696']
I don't remember who told me this before, but I have had this argument used against me before in a similiar situation. I told the person that the Athens charter allows me absolute power over military operations, linked him to our stats, and asked him if he wanted me to wipe him off the planet. He relented quickly. :v
[/quote]
I can't say I would have handled the situation any differently. I don't mind raiding, but when someone starts saying their charter allows them to do anything without consequences, it is time to teach them a lesson.