An Imperial Return

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='raydin' date='07 April 2010 - 01:25 PM' timestamp='1270661096' post='2251794']
[b]TIO is going to succeed this time because we have a dedicated number of adequate rulers and a revolutionary system of building up an alliance on the basis of quality and not quantity.[/b]
[/quote]

I wish you guys much luck, but I have to ask what makes your system so revolutionary? That type of alliance has been done repeatedly, and is still being made as case in point. So if your system is revolutionary, how are you doing things different than any other alliance that has a similar mantra of the quality of their membership is more important than the quantity of it.

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' date='08 April 2010 - 10:34 AM' timestamp='1270737243' post='2253066']
I wish you guys much luck, but I have to ask what makes your system so revolutionary? That type of alliance has been done repeatedly, and is still being made as case in point. So if your system is revolutionary, how are you doing things different than any other alliance that has a similar mantra of the quality of their membership is more important than the quantity of it.
[/quote]

From what I'm gathering they're basically more determined this time and have more time to dedicate to an alliance and so believe this time will be different. But yeah, I didn't really understand the quality vs quantity thing either. There are plenty of alliances out there that focus on quality and keep their membership count low on purpose (off the top of my head, Umbrella and OBR). Not sure why someone would choose TIO over them unless they had a personal connection to someone in TIO, in which case they'd probably join anyway *shrugs*.

The difference between us and the other alliances which pride themselves on Quality membership, is that we do not discriminate or require a nation to be a certain size to join TIO. We decide their membership validity based on their aspirations and personality IC, we look for rulers who will fit into TIO, instead of TIO fitting into them.

I am not sure whether other alliances practice this method of accepting applicants, but I know TIO does. Raydin has high aspirations for TIO as do we all, just he is more open to sharing it with the public than the rest of us probably are.

Thank you for all the questions guys ;).

Like a press conference; quite cool.

[quote name='Scorponok' date='08 April 2010 - 08:43 PM' timestamp='1270755795' post='2253297']
The difference between us and the other alliances which pride themselves on Quality membership, is that we do not discriminate or require a nation to be a certain size to join TIO. We decide their membership validity based on their aspirations and personality IC, we look for rulers who will fit into TIO, instead of TIO fitting into them.

I am not sure whether other alliances practice this method of accepting applicants, but I know TIO does. Raydin has high aspirations for TIO as do we all, just he is more open to sharing it with the public than the rest of us probably are.

[/quote]

Scorp pretty much summed it up right there.

@Jyrinx: Perhaps you are right. Other alliance have and continue to practice the " quality > quantity " policy. However, We don't fit TIO's ideology into our members. Instead, They fit into ours. Perhaps the bond that connects our members is what's special about TIO.I concur, The way we are built is fairly " close " to other quality alliances. But in the end, Each person is always proud of his alliance and will always defend its colors to the end. That's what this game's spirit is all about and that the spirit that lies in us.

[quote name='Scorponok' date='08 April 2010 - 02:43 PM' timestamp='1270755795' post='2253297']

[/quote]

Yah that's pretty much how the members of ex-citadel did it.....

I know in Gremlins we never required a nation to be a certain size, vouching got you the ability to apply. In TOP you don't have to be a certain size to join. Pretty sure FCC, Umbrella, and Argent are all the same way. We all seek members who will be a good fit for our respective alliances. Hence one reason why I vote no on most applicants. I'll gladly vote "No" on someone who is 100k+ that would mess up our culture just as easily as someone who is 0 strength.

Edited by LiquidMercury

• 1 year later...

Tyrus Himilco, Chancellor of Fokker Aeroplanbau, sends his warmest greetings for the resumption of an alliance that had but good things to say about the last time it graced the international scene. To quote the official missive [i]"few refoundings are met with such expectations. We have quietly watched your last attempt, and were immensely disappointed. In our minds, this is a Silent Majority hoping you can prove that small alliances are still relevant in today's international hierarchy." [/i]

OOC: According to the posted rules for the Cybernations forums, posts can be made up to 4-7 days after the last activity depending on the length of the topic in question. Seeing as this topic in fairly lengthy, and that it has been a bit over five days since the last post before mine; you are demonstrably wrong. You should take another glance over moderation.

Edited by Fokker Aeroplanbau

[quote name='Fokker Aeroplanbau' timestamp='1305415636' post='2711897']
OOC: According to the posted rules for the Cybernations forums, posts can be made up to 4-7 days after the last activity depending on the length of the topic in question. Seeing as this topic in fairly lengthy, and that it has been a bit over five days since the last post before mine; you are demonstrably wrong. You should take another glance over moderation.
[/quote]

This thread was made in 2010. Not 2011. It has been over 365 days. I regret to inform you that you are demonstrably wrong. I suggest that you should take another glance over moderation.

:P

Edited by Baltus

[quote name='Baltus' timestamp='1305415851' post='2711898']
This thread was made in 2010. Not 2011. It has been over 365 days. I regret to inform you that you are demonstrably wrong. I'm suggest that you should take another glance over moderation.
[/quote]

Haha, oh $%&@.

[quote name='Fokker Aeroplanbau' timestamp='1305415917' post='2711899']
Haha, oh $%&@.
[/quote]

Yep dont know how you got hold of this old thing.

[img]http://www.woosk.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/zero.gif[/img]

[quote name='Baltus' timestamp='1305415851' post='2711898']
This thread was made in 2010. Not 2011. It has been over 365 days. I regret to inform you that you are demonstrably wrong. I suggest that you should take another glance over moderation.

:P
[/quote]

It's also May not April.

[img]http://roflrazzi.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/funny-celebrity-pictures-double-face-palm.jpg[/img]

Seriously I just...wow. I don't think that was enough, I have to add:

[img]http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/8/82170/1549246-129092786498235257_super.jpg[/img]