An Imperial Return

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Skippy' date='06 April 2010 - 05:08 PM' timestamp='1270591681' post='2250769']
Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn

Clearly this rage is directed at us because

A) We're liked more than OO
B) We're going to pass you on our first (If the last two members swap their AA in time <_<) day, again.

If I were you, I wouldn't be sending the world against you, hell I'd be trying to make as many friends as possible, one day you'll need them.

That is all I have for you.
[/quote]

Clearly.

Now let me get this straight, the members in TIO now, or the majority of them anyhow, are they ones that were there in the past reincarnation of TIO, and if so, are they the ones who either abandoned you or were too inactive to sufficiently lead the alliance, and if so, how do you expect the same thing not to eventually happen this time?

I've got nothing against TIO, but I don't think Ezequiel is out to just insult you, I think its a valid question to ask whats going to be different this time.

[quote name='memoryproblems' date='07 April 2010 - 12:23 PM' timestamp='1270603396' post='2251018']
Clearly.

Now let me get this straight, the members in TIO now, or the majority of them anyhow, are they ones that were there in the past reincarnation of TIO, and if so, are they the ones who either abandoned you or were too inactive to sufficiently lead the alliance, and if so, how do you expect the same thing not to eventually happen this time?

I've got nothing against TIO, but I don't think Ezequiel is out to just insult you, I think its a valid question to ask whats going to be different this time.
[/quote]

Yeah, probably wasn't the best post I've made, 'tis what happends when I wake up to some poor trolling from Zeke.

Several members of TIOv2 are from TIOv1. There is also a mixture of new faces, the majority of those in TIO as gov I have known for a very long time, several I've met via TIOv1, and since then have proved that they can support the foundations of the reincarnation. Those who were inactive last time, have since had changes in their life which (were not made to, but will still) allow them sufficient time to help run the alliance. I have a lot of faith in them, and strongly believe they will hold up their end, and I will hold up mine.

Naturally, I can't promise any 100% activity in TIO, or us lasting as active as we plan to be. But I can assure you that I plan to keep TIO going as long as I can. Nothing is written, but TIO will be set in stone.

You say that Ezequiel is not just out to insult me? Well he at least is trying to with posts like

[quote name='Ezequiel' date='07 April 2010 - 04:37 AM' timestamp='1270575429' post='2250488']
If you lacked the will last time, and you gave up on it because everyone else who did your work for you ran off and left you to some hard work, then how will this alliance last this try? This alliance won't last if you do that same thing again.

I don't think this alliance will last very long, not with Skippy at the helm at least.

Ezequiel.
[/quote]

Frankly, he's just found someone he thinks actually cares about what he has to say, frankly I have very little time for him, TIO will succeed.

[ooc]He also needs to get his facts straight. Members became inactive due to RL issues, only a couple of members abandoned us, and that was long before we became inactive. They were replaced[/ooc]

[quote name='Ezequiel' date='06 April 2010 - 05:37 PM' timestamp='1270575429' post='2250488']
If you lacked the will last time, and you gave up on it because everyone else who did your work for you ran off and left you to some hard work, then how will this alliance last this try? This alliance won't last if you do that same thing again.

I don't think this alliance will last very long, not with Skippy at the helm at least.

Ezequiel.
[/quote]
A wise man knows when to quit.

get the hint?

Oh hey, I remember this from before I rerolled. Good luck.

[quote name='Ezequiel' date='07 April 2010 - 11:22 AM' timestamp='1270592559' post='2250787']
smug is deadly.
[/quote]

The most smug-filled place on Bob is far from dead.

[quote]While Ezequiel was a bit more... hostile than I was, I asked the same question and am genuinely curious as to why TIO members/gov think that this incarnation of TIO will succeed whereas the former incarnation disbanded due to inactivity. What is different this time that will make inactivity not an issue?[/quote]

Like Skippy has said before, RL issues were a problem. Also it was the caliber of nations that were there, when all the nations in an alliance are around the median range, no superpowers or newbie nations, thing generally don't happen much, the finance department doesn't really move and the only thing that really stays exceptionally active is IRC. there were no wars or any other problems that we had to deal with so there was nothing to do. So sure inactivity is going to occur. This time is different. Planet bob is a bit more volatile and the nations are a little different, some have rerolled, some have continued to grow. Problems in the past are gone now.

Hope thats worth somthing :)

@ Eze:

First of all, Allow me to congratulate you on prolonging the life of OO. During my work in TIOv1, You made a great example for my academy students. In the academy, I would inform them about the game and how TIO is an alliance of activity. I would tell them, Be active, Participate, Reach high ranks, make friends, and you'll be fine! Then I would add, If you don't do the preceding you'll end up like an alliance I know called OO.

Second, From my past confrontations with you, You proved to be a very weak leader with a completely closed mind. Alot of leaders in CN, including myself, were weak when starting their CN experience. However, During this experience, I was able to learn how to succeed as a ruler and how an alliance can work. You sir, Have always failed to understand how to levitate your alliance to a higher level. During TIOv1, I was able to gain a large understanding regarding your alliance since I was involved with deals directly with your alliance. This further resides the image I have about your alliance.

Finally, Thank you for your thoughts regarding TIO. I would be honored to re-establish contact with your alliance to build on relations that both alliances can gain from. [b]TIO is going to succeed this time because we have a dedicated number of adequate rulers and a revolutionary system of building up an alliance on the basis of quality and not quantity.[/b]

-Raydin

[quote name='raydin' date='07 April 2010 - 06:25 PM' timestamp='1270661096' post='2251794']
[b]TIO is going to succeed this time because we have a dedicated number of adequate rulers and a revolutionary system of building up an alliance on the basis of quality and not quantity.[/b]
[/quote]

Normally I'm not the guy who talks down on alliances (Lol, who am I kidding?). But an alliance where Bernkastel is gov in is the last one to talk about having quality and adequate members.

[quote name='kriekfreak' date='07 April 2010 - 03:35 PM' timestamp='1270668888' post='2251939']
Normally I'm not the guy who talks down on alliances (Lol, who am I kidding?). But an alliance where Bernkastel is gov in is the last one to talk about having quality and adequate members.
[/quote]

So says the same guy who has Shovel in his alliance. I can [b]never[/b] measure to that level of [i]quality[/i]. /sarcasm

Edit: Forgot to add /sarcasm. :v:

Edited by Bernkastel

[quote name='Bernkastel' date='07 April 2010 - 08:37 PM' timestamp='1270669040' post='2251944']
So says the same guy who has Shovel in his alliance. I can [b]never[/b] measure to that level of [i]quality[/i]. /sarcasm

Edit: Forgot to add /sarcasm. :v:
[/quote]

Shovel has done more for iFOK than all SOS guys combined. It was fun to see you leak our plans though.

[quote name='kriekfreak' date='07 April 2010 - 03:46 PM' timestamp='1270669559' post='2251951']
Shovel has done more for iFOK than all SOS guys combined. It was fun to see you leak our plans though.
[/quote]

[b]I[/b] didn't though. Please check your facts. Its pretty well-stated and evidence proves otherwise [b]I[/b] never leaked anything.

You aren't worth my time any longer and this is certainly not the place.

Edited by Bernkastel

I still remember a great Chimaera quote from back in the day regarding his stance on taking on protectorates, and I wish you the best in avoiding that fate.

Also, putting Bernkastel in government is sure to be interesting, at the very least.

Sup Scorponok.

[quote name='Bernkastel' date='07 April 2010 - 10:15 PM' timestamp='1270674922' post='2252069']
[b]I[/b] didn't though. Please check your facts. Its pretty well-stated and evidence proves otherwise [b]I[/b] never leaked anything.

You aren't worth my time any longer and this is certainly not the place.
[/quote]

Stop posing, we all know you lied. Be men enough to admit that you leaked those logs. Although it's fun that see that you are already backing out, truth coming to close huh?

Congrats guys. I have a lot of love for some of you. I sincerely wish you all the best of luck in this new adventure. You have an awesome protector who will be there for you should the need arise. :awesome:

Best of luck to you all.

Zeke... =] I'll keep my hostile thoughts to myself for the time being. :blush:

Thanks to those who offer us words of support, we greatly appreciate it.

[quote name='kriekfreak' date='08 April 2010 - 06:30 PM' timestamp='1270711835' post='2252902']
Stop posing, we all know you lied. Be men enough to admit that you leaked those logs. Although it's fun that see that you are already backing out, truth coming to close huh?
[/quote]
Frankly, and this goes to all SLCB/iFOK who have an issue with Bernkastel.

I don't care what he may or may not have done. I happen to have my mind set on the present and future, and in my eyes, Berkastel has been nothing but helpful to TIO. He's a long time friend of mine, and has done nothing to wrong me.

If you happen to be right, I'll wear the consequences, but I highly doubt he'd do anything you claim he has done, I have seen no such proof of your accusations, until then, you might as well try to prove my signature is red.

All in all, this is our DoE, not a discussion about your hate of Bernkastel, keep it that way. Thank you

Edited by Skippy

[quote name='Skippy' date='08 April 2010 - 10:58 AM' timestamp='1270720665' post='2252959']
Thanks to those who offer us words of support, we greatly appreciate it.

Frankly, and this goes to all SLCB/iFOK who have an issue with Bernkastel.

I don't care what he may or may not have done. I happen to have my mind set on the present and future, and in my eyes, Berkastel has been nothing but helpful to TIO. He's a long time friend of mine, and has done nothing to wrong me.

If you happen to be right, I'll wear the consequences, but I highly doubt he'd do anything you claim he has done.

All in all, this is our DoE, not a discussion about your hate of Bernkastel, keep it that way. Thank you
[/quote]

Because I respect you somewhat I'll keep the rest of my grievances with Youmaka to myself. I hope you can prove me wrong.