Accepting the Consequenses of War

TonytheTiger

When faced with back breaking reps vs continuation of conflict  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

TOP can pay the reps. they arealso the aggressors so they should be paying reps anyways. you cant just start punching people in the face and thnk you can get away with it.

either way, i honestly dont care, its either top will crumble over the next few moths, or they wil pay the reps and the war is over.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' date='04 March 2010 - 05:59 PM' timestamp='1267743822' post='2214135']
I voted "give in to extortion", personally.
[/quote]
Dang. We cancelled each other out. I voted that they should continue to pound us.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' date='05 March 2010 - 09:22 PM' timestamp='1267842446' post='2215511']
It'd be a better option than the two ridiculous ones up there now.
[/quote]

Clearly CnG does not want this war over, since those "two ridiculous" options are the current ones offered to TOP et al.

[quote name='TonytheTiger' date='02 March 2010 - 04:41 AM' timestamp='1267523174' post='2211141']
I count 2 MK nations over 10K infra, both cowering in peace mode vs 8 TOP nations 10k+.

Who's winning?
[/quote]

hum...so why you are not the ones asking for reparations? It looks delusional to me...

[quote name='Titus Pullo' date='05 March 2010 - 09:52 PM' timestamp='1267844249' post='2215539']
Clearly CnG does not want this war over, since those "two ridiculous" options are the current ones offered to TOP et al.
[/quote]

The wording is ridiculous. The options of continue to get blown up or pay reps for your mistake seem perfectly fine to me. But this imagined extortion or delusions of victory is ridiculous.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' date='05 March 2010 - 10:32 PM' timestamp='1267846638' post='2215576']
The wording is ridiculous. The options of continue to get blown up or pay reps for your mistake seem perfectly fine to me. But this imagined extortion or delusions of victory is ridiculous.
[/quote]

What mistake? What "getting blown up"?

The reps offered are extortion, and as long as one has friends fighting by their side they are victorious.

[quote name='Titus Pullo' date='06 March 2010 - 05:06 AM' timestamp='1267848693' post='2215614']
What mistake? What "getting blown up"?

The reps offered are extortion, and as long as one has friends fighting by their side they are victorious.
[/quote]
The amount of reps requested are only a fracton of the damage we've sustained from your unjust attack. We're not getting rich from this deal, not by a long shot.

[quote name='Trace' date='02 March 2010 - 02:28 PM' timestamp='1267569203' post='2211782']
While the numbers seem huge, there are factors to it, including the fact that they attacked us and lost, and inflation in CN.
[/quote]

I'd say inflation works the other way around. Being destroyed 4 years in is much more costly than being destroyed 2 years in. 50% of 160k tech is much easier to pay than 50% of 600k tech. If you asked for money directly that is more subject to inflation as nations make more. So far as I'm aware nations can't import drastically more tech than 2 years ago, so no inflation.

[quote name='tekken' date='04 March 2010 - 07:04 AM' timestamp='1267704535' post='2213607']
hmmm send my tech away or have it destroyed while nuking the other side. Not a tough decision there. :)
[/quote]
Echelon tried this theory, look how well it ended for them. the reps never changed they just had less to pay it with

[quote name='TonytheTiger' date='02 March 2010 - 03:04 AM' timestamp='1267520966' post='2211118']
Why would an alliance that has been preparing to be on the wrong end of a curbstomp since the WUT started turning on itself pay record setting reps?

The fact is that a month on, TOP is still giving as good as we are getting, still has over 1k nukes, and still has warchests which will last us for many months more. Why should TOP peace out when we are just that well suited to a long war?

It's getting to the point where CnG is just wagging a war of tech extortion. A loosing war, I might add. As any reps we eventually may agree to will most certainly be a fraction of the damage already done. The longer it goes on now, the more damage TOP does to CnG in disproportionate amount, so I don't understand them waiting a month to offer us terms we will obviously reject.

It's a long term game though, so is it better to accept reps designed to extort tech and damage the alliance or fight on and continue the campaign?
[/quote]

I just spied a TOP nations money. It only destroyed 4 million. You do the math.

It's good for us anyways. A poll on accepting consequences should mean if both consequences are bad you admit you did something wrong. And when you low ball your reps counter offer like you did I hope you never get free again. $%&@ TOP. You're just lucky Archon is in charge of doing MK's reps because if it were me, C&G would be accepting millions of tech or you'd never get freedom. Get off your high horse you pompous $@!, you screwed up and you did it to the wrong people. Deal with it. I have no sympathy.

[quote name='Crowdog' date='06 March 2010 - 06:32 AM' timestamp='1267857404' post='2215727']
I just spied a TOP nations money. It only destroyed 4 million. You do the math.

[/quote]
destroying money reserves is the best Spy Ops :smug:

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' date='05 March 2010 - 07:51 PM' timestamp='1267840575' post='2215480']
Where is the "own up to own moronic actions" option?
[/quote]

That's funny, coming from a member of \m/. I seem to remember that the entire war started with \m/ attacked a small alliance (with friends at their back) for no reason other than "We're bigger than you, so you can't stop us".

[quote name='wickedj' date='05 March 2010 - 11:26 PM' timestamp='1267853469' post='2215691']
Echelon tried this theory, look how well it ended for them. the reps never changed they just had less to pay it with
[/quote]

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

NPO was told all kinds of things, and refused several offers, until they reached terms they could live with. The terms were harsh - but the terms a month earlier were far worse.

FAN never excepted terms, and they took a beating for a long time, but when it's all said and done, they never paid reps, never surrendered.

I believe it's in their own interest for TOP/IRON to reach some terms - but I can certainly understand why they wouldn't immediately roll over and say "We'll send you money and tech forever", either. I haven't actually seen what offer was made, but I know there was an offer and that they haven't been willing to accept it. You can take a hard line "We'll never lower the reps, take them or fight forever" stance, I suppose - but you'll take a lot more damage if you do. For now, it looks to me like both sides want to keep fighting.

[quote name='Crowdog' date='06 March 2010 - 12:32 AM' timestamp='1267857404' post='2215727']
$%&@ TOP. You're just lucky Archon is in charge of doing MK's reps because if it were me, C&G would be accepting millions of tech or you'd never get freedom. Get off your high horse you pompous $@!, you screwed up and you did it to the wrong people. Deal with it. I have no sympathy.
[/quote]

u mad?

I'm somewhat amused at people who think "OMG, you lost a war, you should be completely destroyed, no sympathy, I'll cuss you out, you're never going to be free of reps". I should make a list. Because sooner or later, they are going to be the guy that's getting beat down. Would be nice to pull up those quotes....

[quote name='shahenshah' date='06 March 2010 - 10:34 AM' timestamp='1267868324' post='2215796']
One of the sticking points has been open-ended timeline, who knows how long they'd keep us under terms.
[/quote]
that sounds like something you should (and easily could) settle in negotiations shouldn't it?
Fixing a timeline so you can finish your reps in a set timeframe would hardly be a sticking point for most alliances.

[quote name='shahenshah' date='06 March 2010 - 10:34 AM' timestamp='1267868324' post='2215796']
One of the sticking points has been open-ended timeline, who knows how long they'd keep us under terms.
[/quote]

Yes, I'm sure we gave your coalition figures for our minimum slot capacity for nothing. This is nonsense.