Accepting the Consequenses of War

TonytheTiger

When faced with back breaking reps vs continuation of conflict  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Crowdog' date='06 March 2010 - 01:32 AM' timestamp='1267857404' post='2215727']
I just spied a TOP nations money. It only destroyed 4 million. You do the math.

It's good for us anyways. A poll on accepting consequences should mean if both consequences are bad you admit you did something wrong. And when you low ball your reps counter offer like you did I hope you never get free again. $%&@ TOP. You're just lucky Archon is in charge of doing MK's reps because if it were me, C&G would be accepting millions of tech or you'd never get freedom. Get off your high horse you pompous $@!, you screwed up and you did it to the wrong people. Deal with it. I have no sympathy.
[/quote]
u mad?

TOP should just pay reps to CnG. Along with the rest of whatever that coalition is called. But, not the high ball reps either, that's just a joke.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Titus Pullo' date='05 March 2010 - 10:06 PM' timestamp='1267848693' post='2215614']
What mistake? What "getting blown up"? [b](1)[/b]

The reps offered are extortion [b](2)[/b], and as long as one has friends fighting by their side they are victorious. [b](3)[/b]
[/quote][b]1.[/b] Entering an aggressive war against CnG in order to "bloody" that same bloc.
[b]2.[/b] It's literally not, since it's legal. Fine if you think it's too much, unpayable or whatever, though I disagree with you. That word does not mean what you are using it to mean. You are attaching an erroneous meaning to a word in order to make yourself sound more convincing. Don't do that.
[b]3.[/b] That is just literally not true.

[quote name='mhawk' date='05 March 2010 - 11:24 PM' timestamp='1267853340' post='2215688']
I'd say inflation works the other way around. Being destroyed 4 years in is much more costly than being destroyed 2 years in. 50% of 160k tech is much easier to pay than 50% of 600k tech. If you asked for money directly that is more subject to inflation as nations make more. So far as I'm aware nations can't import drastically more tech than 2 years ago, so no inflation.
[/quote]The money inflates, and you're paying for tech with the same money.

In fact, tech has become cheaper over time. Once, the standard tech deal was 3m/50, now it's 3m/100. The advent of more organised tech dealing has also made tech aquisition easier, along with nations rich enough to pay for others' tech (MK's 3-tier banking system works on this principle).

You could easily argue that, other than slot usage, tech has become many times cheaper over the last 3 years.

[quote name='Rocky Horror' date='06 March 2010 - 06:03 AM' timestamp='1267884497' post='2215868']

The money inflates, and you're paying for tech with the same money.

In fact, tech has become cheaper over time. Once, the standard tech deal was 3m/50, now it's 3m/100. The advent of more organised tech dealing has also made tech aquisition easier, along with nations rich enough to pay for others' tech (MK's 3-tier banking system works on this principle).

You could easily argue that, other than slot usage, tech has become many times cheaper over the last 3 years.
[/quote]
That is the thing, so long as slots and amount of aid remains the same, there is hardly inflation in tech. In terms of what is possible to obtain in a given time frame, increases in money have had no effect. If large amounts of money can't be used more effectively than smaller amounts of money to gain tech, it matters little that one can make more now than 2 years ago.

On the other hand, tech value has gone up, because of the advent of tech wonders coupled with sellers being more likely to grow out of selling range due to more liberal aiding programs (your money inflation statement). The fact you guys are asking pretty much exclusively for tech in all reparations would further support this assessment.

One can't simply say because one makes more money that equates to tech inflation in the direction you're alluding. Disregarding the limits on amount of tech one can buy and import/export is distorting the reality of the situation.

You're better off going with the lines of some comrades stating you just want more tech than TOP at the end of this, that is at least an honest statement.

Edited by mhawk

[quote name='mhawk' date='06 March 2010 - 09:13 AM' timestamp='1267888663' post='2215921']
That is the thing, so long as slots and amount of aid remains the same, there is hardly inflation in tech. In terms of what is possible to obtain in a given time frame, increases in money have had no effect. If large amounts of money can't be used more effectively than smaller amounts of money to gain tech, it matters little that one can make more now than 2 years ago.

On the other hand, tech value has gone up, because of the advent of tech wonders coupled with sellers being more likely to grow out of selling range due to more liberal aiding programs (your money inflation statement). The fact you guys are asking pretty much exclusively for tech in all reparations would further support this assessment.

One can't simply say because one makes more money that equates to tech inflation in the direction you're alluding. Disregarding the limits on amount of tech one can buy and import/export is distorting the reality of the situation.

You're better off going with the lines of some comrades stating you just want more tech than TOP at the end of this, that is at least an honest statement.
[/quote]It's always been easy for the biggest nations to import max tech, but now it's easy for small nations too. I stand by what I said.

Though you can't (and clearly don't) know my opinion on the larger purpose of the reps, wanting more tech than TOP and issuing fair terms are not necessarily mutually exclusive outcomes.

[quote name='Rocky Horror' date='06 March 2010 - 09:34 AM' timestamp='1267889966' post='2215941']
!@#$ nooooo not Superfriends i hate those guyssss
[/quote]
It should concern you. Who do you think the next global war is going to be between? A rematch of this one? lol

[quote name='bigwoody' date='06 March 2010 - 09:44 AM' timestamp='1267890522' post='2215956']
It should concern you. Who do you think the next global war is going to be between? A rematch of this one? lol
[/quote]It's something I'm aware of, but I tend to think the best of people until they do something to make me distrust them.

Maybe we should get into the business of pre-emptive striking though, all the evidence suggests that it works out great.

[quote name='Rocky Horror' date='06 March 2010 - 09:53 AM' timestamp='1267891064' post='2215970']
It's something I'm aware of, but I tend to think the best of people until they do something to make me distrust them.[/quote]
You do that.

[quote]Maybe we should get into the business of pre-emptive striking though, all the evidence suggests that it works out great.
[/quote]
Nice deflection.

The SuperFriends have no intentions of ruling the world with an iron fist. :smug:

[quote name='bigwoody' date='06 March 2010 - 10:44 AM' timestamp='1267890522' post='2215956']
Who do you think the next global war is going to be between? A rematch of this one? lol
[/quote]

Most likely.

Edited by Lord Brendan

[quote name='bigwoody' date='06 March 2010 - 10:44 AM' timestamp='1267890522' post='2215956']
[/quote]

You're actually buying into the party line of the next war being a superfriends and complaints and grievances show down?

[quote name='Natan' date='06 March 2010 - 10:00 AM' timestamp='1267891497' post='2215987']
You're actually buying into the party line of the next war being a superfriends and complaints and grievances show down?
[/quote]
We're in an OOC forum. So, yeah I am. People reacted similarly when I was calling a Pacific-Polar showdown all but days after the UJW ended.

"What? No way! That would never happen."

[quote name='bigwoody' date='06 March 2010 - 11:07 AM' timestamp='1267891923' post='2215990']
We're in an OOC forum. So, yeah I am. People reacted similarly when I was calling a Pacific-Polar showdown all but days after the UJW ended.

[/quote]

Well, lets just hope your fortune telling is as good as it was pre-karma war.

[quote name='Natan' date='06 March 2010 - 10:11 AM' timestamp='1267892195' post='2215996']
Well, lets just hope your fortune telling is as good as it was pre-karma war.
[/quote]
Hope if you like, but hope doesn't get you far.

[quote name='bigwoody' date='06 March 2010 - 09:54 AM' timestamp='1267891141' post='2215976']
You do that.

Nice deflection.
[/quote]I wonder if you were aware that your post had no content? You should see a doctor about that.

[quote name='bigwoody' date='06 March 2010 - 10:07 AM' timestamp='1267891923' post='2215990']

[/quote]A true visionary.

[quote name='Rocky Horror' date='06 March 2010 - 10:16 AM' timestamp='1267892448' post='2216000']
I wonder if you were aware that your post had no content? You should see a doctor about that.

A true visionary.
[/quote]
Well, you don't have to agree. But somewhere months from now, I will be looking down upon the scene...with that facial expression everybody loves.

[quote name='bigwoody' date='06 March 2010 - 10:18 AM' timestamp='1267892575' post='2216001']
Well, you don't have to agree. But somewhere months from now, I will be looking down upon the scene...with that facial expression everybody loves.
[/quote]o nooooooo

This may surprise you, but I called VietFAN, the UjW, IRON having their I amputated, and NPpO fighting (ES supported Ivan's coup, for God's sake).

These were not difficult calls, I made most of them correctly as a barely active rank and file GPA member. It does not make you an infallible genius, and the fact that I (as an equal authority) disagree basically nullifies your opinion.

Edited by Rocky Horror

[quote name='Rocky Horror' date='06 March 2010 - 10:24 AM' timestamp='1267892947' post='2216009']
o nooooooo

This may surprise you, but I called VietFAN, the UjW, IRON having their I amputated, and NPpO fighting (ES supported Ivan's coup, for God's sake).

These were not difficult calls, I made them correctly as a barely active rank and file GPA member. It does not make you an infallible genius, and the fact that I (as an equal authority) disagree basically nullifies your opinion.
[/quote]
Congratulations. Keep !@#$@#$ that chicken.

In the meantime, enjoy the war we are currently in ;) It is way more fun than rebuilding, tbh

[quote name='Lord Stark' date='02 March 2010 - 04:56 PM' timestamp='1267567247' post='2211721']
If we had peaced out say after one week (which is I think what you are saying we should have done?)
[/quote]
The smart thing to do would have been to peace out right away with TOP, and get them to pay some reps for the attack, before any nukes got tossed.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='06 March 2010 - 05:42 PM' timestamp='1267894020' post='2216020']
The smart thing to do would have been to peace out right away with TOP, and get them to pay some reps for the attack, before any nukes got tossed.
[/quote]
You are forgetting all about the moral outrage. That couldn't be spilled over the forum for a month without end if peace had come right away.

Edited by shilo

[quote name='Haflinger' date='06 March 2010 - 10:42 AM' timestamp='1267894020' post='2216020']
[/quote]When would they have bloodied us, then?

[quote name='Rocky Horror' date='06 March 2010 - 10:46 AM' timestamp='1267894289' post='2216025']
When would they have bloodied us, then?
[/quote]
Probably the next time you went fishing for stale CBs.

[quote name='shahenshah' date='06 March 2010 - 04:34 AM' timestamp='1267868324' post='2215796']
One of the sticking points has been open-ended timeline, who knows how long they'd keep us under terms.
[/quote]
tbh, I always kind of thought of that as an advantage for you, since it makes it harder for us to VietFAN you and you can schedule it in as part of your internal rebuilding easier.

Edited by flak attack