Accepting the Consequenses of War

TonytheTiger

When faced with back breaking reps vs continuation of conflict  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So what should CnG do? Give them white peace after they attacked us, or should we keep the war going to secure reparations for damage done?

These questions aren't best answered by mass polling, everyone wants something, not everyone can have it.

In my opinion, at some point TOP and IRON have to accept the mistake they made and take responsibility for it. The 'holier than thou' card doesn't work so well when you want mercy for an aggressive action.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Vladimir Stukov II' date='03 March 2010 - 02:14 AM' timestamp='1267575470' post='2211934']
It wasn't the wrong side at the time. We were simply closer to Gremlins, the rest of Citadel, and FOK back then. Gremlins were like our brothers then and we would have done anything for them. It's not like we knew they would have a mass exodus of members and our relationship would be destroyed.

After the Karma war we sort of became hostile with CnG while our allies who we fought with during the Karma war moved closer to them. So here we are at war with CnG and on the opposite side of many of our long time allies.
[/quote]

Gotta love simplified !@#$ like this that's so conveniently thrown around. It's like MK/C&G actually ever took any political maneuvers against you like idk trying to isolate you, waging a PR campaing agaisnt you or any other !@#$ you could try to label as such, when we actually never did any of that to TOP. At most you could base your CB on what you'd commonly call some baiting from some MK members that :gasp: don't like you much. Like praising TOP would actually be some sort of requirement to post on OWF.
Meh, why we're giving you terms so soon given the whole !@#$ you've pulled and have been pulling is beyond me tbh.

Edited by uaciaut

[quote name='The Bringer' date='02 March 2010 - 04:20 AM' timestamp='1267521859' post='2211126']
Give them Hell TOP, the Educated world is behind you.
[/quote]

Are you serious? A post pitying TOP? Perhaps your memory isn't as long as mine, but as I recall TOP started the war.

Seriously, this whole "C&G are evil overlords" claim would be slightly more credible if we actually started a war to achieve our aims. We were attacked and now we're fighting a war as a result.

But I guess the so called educated world is behind TOP, so all the best to them. TOOL's best and brightest support you.

[quote name='Trace' date='02 March 2010 - 06:46 PM' timestamp='1267577375' post='2211961']
I'd really like to hear from some TOP members what they feel would be appropriate amounts of reps, if you don't mind. All unofficial, etc etc.
[/quote]

A beer review.

[quote name='_GunneR_' date='02 March 2010 - 07:26 PM' timestamp='1267576214' post='2211942']
So what should CnG do? Give them white peace after they attacked us, or should we keep the war going to secure reparations for damage done?

These questions aren't best answered by mass polling, everyone wants something, not everyone can have it.

In my opinion, at some point TOP and IRON have to accept the mistake they made and take responsibility for it. The 'holier than thou' card doesn't work so well when you want mercy for an aggressive action.
[/quote]

CnG should do whatever they want. Keep fighting and end up even more ruined or stop now and try and rebuild before things strategically move completely out of reach. Of course that would be real hard on your pride so I don't see it. TOP has nothing to loose by keeping up, they either give it all away in reps or in war and at least with war they wreck the other guys as well. It all comes down to doing what is best for CnG in the future or claiming a win in this war for prides sake. Not a fun choice. It will an interesting year.

[quote name='The Big Bad' date='03 March 2010 - 11:22 AM' timestamp='1267579536' post='2212023']
CnG should do whatever they want. Keep fighting and end up even more ruined or stop now and try and rebuild before things strategically move completely out of reach. Of course that would be real hard on your pride so I don't see it. TOP has nothing to loose by keeping up, they either give it all away in reps or in war and at least with war they wreck the other guys as well. It all comes down to doing what is best for CnG in the future or claiming a win in this war for prides sake. Not a fun choice. It will an interesting year.
[/quote]
You say this like CnG doing as badly as TOP and IRON. Of course we're going to lose strength it is war after all. But our potential to rebuild changes little whether the war stops today or next week or next month. Nor do I see anyone capable or even with the ambition or desire to want to attack CnG immediately at the conclusion of this war so there is no vulnerable position to be led into. TOP has plenty to lose, no one is asking them to "give it all up". Reparations are being asked of them, not a surrender of all their tech. More and more these topics are starting to sound like a temper tantrum. You can't have what you want when you're losing after doing something wrong.

[quote name='uaciaut' date='03 March 2010 - 12:34 AM' timestamp='1267576694' post='2211949']
Gotta love simplified !@#$ like this that's so conveniently thrown around. It's like MK/C&G actually ever took any political maneuvers against you like idk trying to isolate you, waging a PR campaing agaisnt you or any other !@#$ you could try to label as such, when we actually never did any of that to TOP. At most you could base your CB on what you'd commonly call some baiting from some MK members that :gasp: don't like you much. Like praising TOP would actually be some sort of requirement to post on OWF.
Meh, why we're giving you terms so soon given the whole !@#$ you've pulled and have been pulling is beyond me tbh.
[/quote]

Wow... You might want to re read my post and tell me what part of it is not true. It is actually the reality of the situation in simplest terms. I was talking to lebubu today (who is a much better poster than you btw...) and he mentioned he doesn't like IRON because of how they post on the OWF. He was able to see how TOP could dislike MK with the way you were posting about us.

I think this war has actually caused a lot of TOP members to like MK more than we did before the war. We certainly don't hate you guys now. MOST of you are cool people and you guys are definitely the best alliance we have ever fought by far.

[quote name='_GunneR_' date='02 March 2010 - 08:53 PM' timestamp='1267581421' post='2212073']
Nor do I see anyone capable or even with the ambition or desire to want to attack CnG immediately at the conclusion of this war so there is no vulnerable position to be led into.
[/quote]

This is true. :ph34r:

[quote name='Vladimir Stukov II' date='02 March 2010 - 06:55 PM' timestamp='1267585135' post='2212151']
I think this war has actually caused a lot of TOP members to like MK more than we did before the war. We certainly don't hate you guys now. MOST of you are cool people and you guys are definitely the best alliance we have ever fought by far.
[/quote]

Only the best at war, not the best where it really counts... In bed :ehm:

[quote name='Alterego' date='03 March 2010 - 06:52 AM' timestamp='1267565144' post='2211667']
Keep fighting until you run out of money, tech and nukes. Then they cant make any demands for tech and cash.
[/quote]
Oh, sure we can. We're the new Hegemony, remember?

[quote name='renegade4box' date='02 March 2010 - 05:23 AM' timestamp='1267522014' post='2211128']
Voted pound C&G. Give em hell!!
[/quote]
Yeah! :awesome:
Wait... [color="#FF0000"]*Hendrix remembers he's with the NpO*[/color]

I can't say I hate TOP, but I will say that there exist alliances in this world that [i]karma[/i] hasn't caught up with yet. TOP and the former MCXA government in TSO are just two among those, for the pre-emptive attacks and draconian terms they issued in the [i]War of the Coalition[/i]. They deserve to give up their tech to someone else, preferably under terms that forbid them from doing so through third parties.

The fact is no one cares OP. Everyone only ever paid TOP any mind because you were an axe waiting to drop, but it's dropped. Make it cut or clatter to the ground, it's makes no difference either way; you gambled and lost.

[quote name='Katsumi' date='02 March 2010 - 11:31 PM' timestamp='1267590879' post='2212264']
They deserve to give up their tech to someone else, preferably under terms that forbid them from doing so through third parties.
[/quote]
Whoa, hold on now. We're out to get back what we lost, not totally remove them from the world.

[quote name='Katsumi' date='02 March 2010 - 10:31 PM' timestamp='1267590879' post='2212264']
I can't say I hate TOP, but I will say that there exist alliances in this world that [i]karma[/i] hasn't caught up with yet. TOP and the former MCXA government in TSO are just two among those, for the pre-emptive attacks and draconian terms they issued in the [i]War of the Coalition[/i]. They deserve to give up their tech to someone else, preferably under terms that forbid them from doing so through third parties.
[/quote]
Yeah, I'm going to shed as many tears for NpO as I am going to shed for NPO.

I find it interesting that there [i]are[/i] so many former allies opposing TOP. If surrender terms continue to remain of the crippling variety and this war drags on with such painful consequences I can imagine that the desire to fight on will eek out much quicker on the C&G and friends side. TOP does not make a very good monster.

[quote name='Lord GVChamp' date='02 March 2010 - 11:06 PM' timestamp='1267592990' post='2212301']
Yeah, I'm going to shed as many tears for NpO as I am going to shed for NPO.
[/quote]

So is that a lot or a little?

To the OP: losing is spelled with one 'O', just the one. "Loosing" is to make something looser or unleash it. Like "If my child spelled as poorly as you I would loose my back-hand upon them."

[quote name='eyriq' date='02 March 2010 - 09:11 PM' timestamp='1267593295' post='2212311']
I find it interesting that there [i]are[/i] so many former allies opposing TOP. If surrender terms continue to remain of the crippling variety and this war drags on with such painful consequences I can imagine that the desire to fight on will eek out much quicker on the C&G and friends side. TOP does not make a very good monster.
[/quote]

RAWR! :v:

my best attempt

[quote name='Katsumi' date='02 March 2010 - 10:31 PM' timestamp='1267590879' post='2212264']
[/quote]
You want us to pay reps to the NpO? That has to be the funniest thing I've seen in weeks.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' date='02 March 2010 - 09:50 PM' timestamp='1267595639' post='2212358']
You want us to pay reps to the NpO? That has to be the funniest thing I've seen in weeks.
[/quote]

I don't think he was saying that, I took it as giving them up to anyone not NpO specifically.

[quote name='master splinter' date='02 March 2010 - 11:55 PM' timestamp='1267595919' post='2212365']
I don't think he was saying that, I took it as giving them up to anyone not NpO specifically.
[/quote]
I think I read it wrong. Nevertheless, the idea of paying them is still hilarious.