Birthday Announcement from the GGA

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Kyrotsugi' date='02 March 2010 - 05:04 PM' timestamp='1267506505' post='2210862']
Happy Birthday from the RIA!!!!!

I would post a picture of Shadow and ThunderStrike celebrating but I dun think it would be appropriate here

o/ GGA
[/quote]

Damnit, who leaked pics of me on the internet ... :o

[quote name='Mustakrakish II' date='02 March 2010 - 12:11 AM' timestamp='1267506908' post='2210874']
Four years? I disagree with this birthday, as according to the leaders who couped GGA, you were disbanded for a few days, thus making this a new GGA.
[/quote]

A couple of days' discussion on the OWF barely counts as a reorganization - take it from the folks who know disbandment :)

Congratulations to the Grand Global Alliance on its fourth birthday - have a glass on us!

[center][img]http://www.schemamag.ca/archive2/images/La_Fee_Verte.jpg[/img][/center]

[quote name='Byron Orpheus' date='02 March 2010 - 02:15 AM' timestamp='1267514321' post='2211051']
Oh, drat! We were relying on you to keep track of what was happening internally in our alliance, too!
[/quote]
You have? That's probably unwise, I don't have access to your forums or anything so it's kind of difficult for me to chart the minutiae of your internal relationships. All I can see is the hemorrhage of members, a leadership that I kind-of enjoy but aren't exactly the most stoic or confidence-inspiring group in the world, and a general lack of purpose espoused on the world stage beyond "my God, we're still here."

You may not have gotten into the grave and come back out like most zombies (nngh, brains, by the way), but you still have been showing signs of discoloration, stiffness, and bloating for a while now.

[quote name='Dementual' date='02 March 2010 - 05:50 AM' timestamp='1267505653' post='2210831']
[center][img]http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss130/GrandGlobalAlliance/ggaflag8.png[/img]
[size=6]Grand Global Alliance[/size]
[size=4][color=green]Four Years of Green Blood[/color][/size]

Well, well, well...

Where do I begin?

January 6, 2006 - The world as we know it seemed to materialize in front of our eyes. Spheres of power based on team colors formed. Brown is filled, red is filled, blue is filled, green... On February 14th, 2006, the Green Protection Agency launches as a neutral alliance on the green team. It stands, even today, as a bastion of the history of The Jungle's inability to allow its lush, green forests to die. The history of the Green Team's struggle for unity is a long one, and is, in fact, simply a folktale to some of the newer greens in our sphere.

On March 1, 2006, a new alliance entered the green sphere - the Grand Global Alliance. Founded by Prodigal_Chieftain, his Empress Atherton, and theblitz, the Grand Global Alliance soon grew to be a nuclear-capable alliance and was sanctioned on March 14, 2006. Prodigal_Chieftain led the Grand Global Alliance with strength through the Great War, but was soon after removed from office due to his actions that... well... we don't necessarily need to explain again.

Looking through a window into the future, the GGA was a completely different alliance during the time of its first birthday. Having redone its government structure and foreign policy, the GGA looked towards a different life. Around the time of our second birthday, GGA was... thoroughly affirming its position on the green sphere, a policy since fortunately rescinded.

Fast forward to now - the GGA is back on the right track for a future where its members can survive with the rest of the Cyberverse. The Green Team no longer need be a place of conflict, but finally a place of peace. Sovereignty reigning through our Green Blood, the Grand Global Alliance sets sail towards the future, swords held out, and prepared to dock again this time next year, to say, as we have for the last four years,

Fortuna Fortes Juvat - Fortune Favors the Brave

[img]http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/1869/coatofarmsggaforum.png[/img]
[/center]
[/quote]
You manage to mention the lunatic Prodigal_Chieftain, who held his office a mere 6 months, and who brought nothing but gargantuan emails full of mad gibbering, and not mention Bilrow, who spent over a year, and almost singlehandedly build the alliance into something great, something to be proud of?

It's a shame I never accepted any of the medals I was entitled to. Not the joke lvl9 airplane ones, but the ones that matter: GW2, GW3. It's a shame I never accepted them, for I would have had something to fling into your face.

You and your cabal are a disgrace to a name that was once uttered in fear, a name that was respected, a name that was worthy of the title "Grand". A pure, utter disgrace.

[quote name='Lord of the Port' date='02 March 2010 - 04:41 PM' timestamp='1267577089' post='2211957']
You manage to mention the lunatic Prodigal_Chieftain, who held his office a mere 6 months, and who brought nothing but gargantuan emails full of mad gibbering, and not mention Bilrow, who spent over a year, and almost singlehandedly build the alliance into something great, something to be proud of?

It's a shame I never accepted any of the medals I was entitled to. Not the joke lvl9 airplane ones, but the ones that matter: GW2, GW3. It's a shame I never accepted them, for I would have had something to fling into your face.

You and your cabal are a disgrace to a name that was once uttered in fear, a name that was respected, a name that was worthy of the title "Grand". A pure, utter disgrace.
[/quote]
Cool story bro

Anyway, thanks everyone for your happy birthday wishes. :D

[quote name='Lord of the Port' date='02 March 2010 - 07:41 PM' timestamp='1267577089' post='2211957']
[/quote]
The name "Grand Global Alliance" was never uttered in fear, but don't let that taint your rosy memories of non-existent glory.

EDIT: Happy birthday.

Edited by Vilien

[quote name='Lord of the Port' date='02 March 2010 - 07:41 PM' timestamp='1267577089' post='2211957']

[/quote]

While I will be the first to admit the work that Bilrow put into the GGA, any claims that he did it "singlehandedly" are laughable and outrageous.

As a former GGAer from March 2006, it's pretty nostalgic to think about. We had 2 or 3 nukes at one point, and thought we were awesome. That's pretty sad looking at things 4 years later. :D

Happy birthday, and good luck restoring the GGA to it's former glory.