That's Enough of That

Penedono

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='tarman2010' date='16 February 2010 - 10:30 PM' timestamp='1266377445' post='2186900']Also, basically saying you're going to stop protecting your POWs while the conflict still isn't conclusively over is rather classless.
[/quote]

[quote name='Penedono' date='16 February 2010 - 10:07 PM' timestamp='1266376041' post='2186811']PoW's are released; Free to go where they please, recruiters can go nuts, [b]but we'll continue to militarily protect the "Lodge PoW" AA for 72 hours for any that remain. [/b]
[/quote]

Ok, let me rephrase then. You're saying you'll protect POWs in a war that is not officially over for 72 more hours even though you don't know if the war will be over in 72 hours. I don't know whether 57th will accept this peace, and honestly I don't envy the position they're in because they have to choose between letting backstabbers get away free or continue to fight a lopsided war.

Ok, we all will forget and your repuation is saved!

Wait, on second thought...

If I were you I would make every active member of you alliance a diplomat and get started working on that image of yours.

You can ask ODN how to do it, They did such a good job they recieved the friendliest alliance of the year award.

Edited by supercoolyellow

[quote name='Duke of Cool' date='16 February 2010 - 10:08 PM' timestamp='1266376113' post='2186817']
Good.

Okay trolls, start..... now!
[/quote]

While I don't know you guys well, for some reason I always had good feelings towards the lodge. Good luck and best wishes.

Edited by King Louis the II

Seems like the closest thing to saying we effed up without actually saying we effed up.

So...no 57th sigs, that tells me 57th probably wasn't involved with any of these "agreements". GLOF sure is premature, I hope you're not married. :blush:

[quote]Seems like the closest thing to saying we effed up without actually saying we effed up.

So...no 57th sigs, that tells me 57th probably wasn't involved with any of these "agreements". GLOF sure is premature, I hope you're not married. :blush: [/quote]

There was no "agreement".

Since the leadership of the 57th wanted to carry on with obfuscation and semantics, I think our leadership was getting tired of having useless discussions. A true conversation and negotiation only applies if you are not talking to people in whom the understanding of the situation at hand seems to be as thick as a brick wall in conceptualization and demeanor.

GLoF is done with this, as our Grand Master stated. Time to let this one go, and go forward.

Edited by Tak178

As we said, we did not bear any hill against the 57th per se.
Only we came to the conclusion that the one who was leading them was not a friend anymore, and possibly has never been.

But we are not here to discuss about THIS.

We are issuing peace, and we will not attack the 57th anymore, except to defend ourselves.

And also

[quote]I have a feeling that if this conflict were to continue then GLOF would resume their protection of the POW AA.[/quote]

This.

[quote name='tarman2010' date='16 February 2010 - 10:51 PM' timestamp='1266378672' post='2186952']
Ok, let me rephrase then. You're saying you'll protect POWs in a war that is not officially over for 72 more hours even though you don't know if the war will be over in 72 hours. I don't know whether 57th will accept this peace, and honestly I don't envy the position they're in because they have to choose between letting backstabbers get away free or continue to fight a lopsided war.
[/quote]
The PoW's only need to be protected while they are PoWs. Now that they have been released, any extra protection is a gift; 5 minutes, 5 hours, whatever. They all took less than 72 hours to surrender, I'm sure they can all find an applicant AA in 72 hours even if it's some place they know is going to deny their app. Whether or not the war is over isn't even material to the PoWs; they're not being protected from 57th.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Tak178' date='17 February 2010 - 12:59 AM' timestamp='1266389979' post='2187255']
A true conversation and negotiation only applies if you are not talking to people in whom the understanding of the situation at hand seems to be as thick as a brick wall in conceptualization and demeanor.

[/quote]

Oh irony...you funny thing.

So let me get this straight. You attacked your allies without bothering to talk to them and now your declaring the war over without talking to them? This is what you was said on your DoW.

[quote]Yesterday, a new screenshot was given to me by an annonymous member of the 57th Overlanders who is distressed by the conduct of his alliance. This new image is of a post from the leader of the 57th, Veneke, addressing unnamed members of his alliance, and revealing the details of thier conspiracy against members of the Grand Lodge in an exposition worthy a villain in a B-film. [/quote]

Since you did not bother to check before and then quickly found out that the screen shot was indeed a fake your entire reason for war was exposed as a fraud. Then you just started clinging to the idea that although screen shot is a fake, the one it said was fake is also fake. And now your just walking away after you attacked your ally and everything is suppose to be ok? And once again you did not even bother to talk to them? Brilliant. If it was your goal in all this to win the most poorly run alliance on Planet Bob award, then you sir have won hands down.

[quote name='The Big Bad' date='17 February 2010 - 10:00 AM' timestamp='1266400817' post='2187368']
So let me get this straight. You attacked your allies without bothering to talk to them and now your declaring the war over without talking to them? This is what you was said on your DoW.

Since you did not bother to check before and then quickly found out that the screen shot was indeed a fake your entire reason for war was exposed as a fraud. Then you just started clinging to the idea that although screen shot is a fake, the one it said was fake is also fake. And now your just walking away after you attacked your ally and everything is suppose to be ok? And once again you did not even bother to talk to them? Brilliant. If it was your goal in all this to win the most poorly run alliance on Planet Bob award, then you sir have won hands down.
[/quote]

It wasnt their only reason for war.
As well the 57th is in a much worse condition, and is free to not accept the peace if they really want to continue fighting several wars against alliances each larger then themselves.

[quote name='agafaba' date='17 February 2010 - 10:33 PM' timestamp='1266402815' post='2187386']
It wasnt their only reason for war.
As well the 57th is in a much worse condition, and is free to not accept the peace if they really want to continue fighting several wars against alliances each larger then themselves.
[/quote]

Their other fronts closed btw.

Unless you are suggesting GLOF's allies go in on oA. Now that would be amusing, and suicide.

[quote name='Thunder Strike' date='17 February 2010 - 03:23 AM' timestamp='1266376993' post='2186875']
Not as yet. This post has been made without consulting the 57th and it will have to wait to be seen what their reaction is once Veneke logs in.
[/quote]

Judging by the responses in the other thread:
[quote name='uisge beatha' date='16 February 2010 - 05:19 PM' timestamp='1266340792' post='2185752']
Anyway i do hope somehow out of all of this mess some form of agreement and peace be reached.
[/quote]
[quote name='DesertSon' date='16 February 2010 - 06:43 PM' timestamp='1266345786' post='2185869']
Lastly I will say that of course all parties wish for this to come to peaceful end soon, however The 57th did not send forged documents to GLoF and will not admit to such in order to bring about that peace.
[/quote]

I would hope that this means it's over, unless that was all purely propaganda of course. I guess we'll find out when Veneke gets on.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='17 February 2010 - 07:24 AM' timestamp='1266391480' post='2187281']
These threads were beginning to make my head hurt. Hopefully this is the end of them.
[/quote]

Yeah, no !@#$. I'm fed up with them too, I read every page and now I realise how increasingly annoyed I get when people repeat the same thing over and over when no-one actually responded to them in the first place, even more so when it has absolutely nothing to do with them or their alliance. It's almost as annoying as the guy who quotes every post for a couple of pages thanking everyone who argued his 'side' and telling them how awesome they are.

we can agree to disagree about the origins of this war

the Lodge is done with it

rather enjoyed reading some of the comments/opinions from people who've probably never 'talked' to anyone in our alliance :unsure:

if you truly want to find out about us and what we stand for: visit our forum or irc (#glof)

o/ Peace, GLoF & Aztec !

[quote name='Earogema' date='16 February 2010 - 09:15 PM' timestamp='1266376505' post='2186841']
Wait, so you still believe they wronged you, but you're not continuing the war?

Smells like back-peddling to me.

Whatever. Enjoy your peace.
[/quote]

^^^^^ This. 100% this.

GLOF went off the handle over a faked screenie and a day after someone points out to all of Bob that it was a fake, GLOF decides to peace out the war it started against its treaty partner.

So I'm wondering how much 57th is going to be getting in reps.

I mean, the CB for these wars was even worse than a tech raid.

Imo "I am going to steal your tech" is a better CB than "YOU LIEZ TO US" especially when it's proven that there was no lie.

[quote name='The Great One' date='17 February 2010 - 08:06 AM' timestamp='1266415610' post='2187508']
So I'm wondering how much 57th is going to be getting in reps.

I mean, the CB for these wars was even worse than a tech raid.

Imo "I am going to steal your tech" is a better CB than "YOU LIEZ TO US" especially when it's proven that there was no lie.
[/quote]

The self proclaimed righteous continue to harp on the "supposed" faked screenshot of the 57th's command board. Yet no one wants to really admit that the screenshots submitted by the 57th are to every much in question and haven't at all been proven to be genuine. Those screenshots got a member in good standing expelled. Close up inspection of those images clearly show a bad attempt at changing the IP. You can see the poor job of pasting over the area in question. However, so called experts agree that the command board screen-shots was a fake. With no real proof, no comparison of what the internal board of the 57th actually looks like. So which is it?

I do not care what anyone says here. Most of you would have done the same thing. Yes, yes you would have. To say otherwise is to deny the human condition. In fact I am pretty sure most alliance leaders would have done the same thing. Real wars have been started over less.

Do not preach about honor and integrity when you have no idea what the concept truly encompasses. Sideline quarterbacks are worse than anything.

Personally, this whole matter has left sour taste in my mouth. It has also soured the whole CN experience for me. Right or wrong I know for sure GLOF was manipulated. It started with the screenshots that got a member expelled. If the command board was a fake than even more assured the original IP screenshots were a fake as well. We will never know the whole truth here.

CN politics and the hypocrisy that surrounds it is indeed a mind numbing thing to be exposed to.

One thing is for sure [u][b]no one here is qualified[/b][/u] to judge my own integrity and honor.

Edited by Treborprime

[quote name='Alaric' date='17 February 2010 - 12:11 PM' timestamp='1266408706' post='2187445']
we can agree to disagree about the origins of this war

the Lodge is done with it

rather enjoyed reading some of the comments/opinions from people who've probably never 'talked' to anyone in our alliance :unsure:

if you truly want to find out about us and what we stand for: visit our forum or irc (#glof)

o/ Peace, GLoF & Aztec !
[/quote]
Unfortunately for you I do not think that this done with at all. You may think you've got away with a nice hit and run with a clean break here but I can assure you that memories are long and vengeance is oh so sweet, so if you don't want to be paying for this down the line maybe you should make a bit more effort to clean up your self-made mess.

As for #glof, I have been in and out for a couple of months or so and there are a few fine fellows in there; respectable guys who gave a good impression and who I never thought would be a part of an alliance that would pull such a dickish move. But here we are. The govt of GLoF pulled the stunt and treated us all to a more in-depth view of how the alliance operates, and it wasn't pretty.

Edited by Aimee Mann