That's Enough of That

Penedono

[quote name='Roosterton' date='17 February 2010 - 09:09 PM' timestamp='1266458954' post='2188589']
Oh deary, is this thread also going to degenerate into a Lord Panda vs. Just about everyone else epic? :facepalm:
[/quote]Don't worry, I've already quit. :P

Edited by ConeBone69

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Charles the Great' date='18 February 2010 - 02:02 PM' timestamp='1266458527' post='2188579']
yes to the first but obviously this was not consequence free now was it. Due to the trolls attempting to blame everything that happened on GLoF. But, again you all will believe what you want no matter what I say. And no one really stopped anyone from countering us except possibly the fact that you all knew we were in the right and all the talk agianst us was just propaganda.

[/quote]

That has to be one of the most incompetent posts I have seen in a while.
You realise if you had done this at any other time that GLOF would be a smoking hole in the ground right now?
You guys timed this war with the 57th in a way that none of their allies would be able to attack you. And the most disgusting thing of all is that about one day after Nexus peaced out of it's fronts GLOF declares that it wants out.

It was cowardly and opportunistic.

Edited by Thunder Strike

[quote]Did i misread the other thread Theo or did you get accused of giving this non-existant info to the Lodge, hence your surrender? [/quote]
No, the person who faked the screenshot of Veneke posting about the "spai'd" intelligence accused me of faking screenshots. Not me directly, but the propaganda department I run.

I surrendered for many reasons; I was out of cash, shocked at what was going on, a tad drunk. I was literally floored that this had happened, and rather than continue on with no cash and nothing to stand on I surrendered.

EDIT: Spelling.

Edited by Theoroshia

[quote name='Charles the Great' date='17 February 2010 - 05:43 PM' timestamp='1266457412' post='2188542']
you dont get it we had no intention of killing your alliance had we wanted to we would have but that was never our intention...........we needed to teach you a lesson we did.........end of deployment.........thanks for playing.
:smug:
[/quote]

A)You didnt destroy our alliance
B) Errrr touch us a lesson? What how much you fail at CB's?
C)Your deployment didnt end, you ran because you realized your fail was so huge that you were able to bring two alliance from opposite sides of a war together to tell you how much you fail.

Now please quit failing at trying to make yourself look good. You said you were done with the OWF right? Well run off little guy

[quote name='janax' date='17 February 2010 - 09:10 PM' timestamp='1266459051' post='2188591']
To be fair, I don't want to teach them a lesson, but that has a lot more to do with sheer apathy about the whole situation.

Carry on.
[/quote]
I don't wanna [i]teach[/i] 'em, I wanna [i]learn[/i] 'em.

[quote name='shahenshah' date='18 February 2010 - 06:22 PM' timestamp='1266474121' post='2189062']
You only speak for yourself, not even your alliance or 57th.
[/quote]

Wow, did that really need to be said.

Of course it is my opinion. And I can voice my opinion on what I think the opinion of the rest of CN is.

[quote name='evilsquirrel' date='18 February 2010 - 01:13 AM' timestamp='1266473581' post='2189045']
A)You didnt destroy our alliance
[/quote]

I thought I was done here. but honestly?

A) thank you for reiterating what CtG said. I believe that was his point. But so it's clear:

[size="7"][u][b]WE DID NOT WANT TO DESTROY/KILL/E-WAR THE 57TH OVERLANDERS[/b][/u][/size]

is that clear enough evilsquirrel? or are you going to quote me and repeat what I said in different terms to somehow change that I said this. I don't even think that last sentence makes one bit of sense, but it's the only way to describe what you just did.

And now I am done.

[quote name='Thunder Strike' date='18 February 2010 - 05:51 AM' timestamp='1266457864' post='2188558']
Problem is now that the rest of CN feels it needs to teach GLOF a lesson.
[/quote]

heh... ok. Anyone who wants to fake some outrage can go ahead and exercise their right to launch.

[quote name='Thunder Strike' date='18 February 2010 - 06:12 AM' timestamp='1266459131' post='2188595']
You realise if you had done this at any other time that GLOF would be a smoking hole in the ground right now?
You guys timed this war with the 57th in a way that none of their allies would be able to attack you. And the most disgusting thing of all is that about one day after Nexus peaced out of it's fronts GLOF declares that it wants out.

[/quote]

You think GLOF left the 57th alone cause they were afraid of Nexus? As if GLOF doesn't have a single ally who could single-handedly pick up that counter-attack smiling...

I think I can safely say with 99% confidence that if GLOF wanted to keep dropping bombs on the 57th they could have done so with a significant tactical advantage for quite a while longer, with or without Nexus getting involved.

[quote name='hizzy' date='18 February 2010 - 01:07 AM' timestamp='1266476853' post='2189157']
heh... ok. Anyone who wants to fake some outrage can go ahead and exercise their right to launch.

You think GLOF left the 57th alone cause they were afraid of Nexus? As if GLOF doesn't have a single ally who could single-handedly pick up that counter-attack smiling...

I think I can safely say with 99% confidence that if GLOF wanted to keep dropping bombs on the 57th they could have done so with a significant tactical advantage for quite a while longer, with or without Nexus getting involved.
[/quote]

Hizzy is right, there is no way Nexus was going to get militarily involved. Not only would it go against our agreement with TORN, Ven also made it a goal that we not get dragged into this.

GLOF withdrew in a last attempt to save face, I don't think it had anything to do with us.

Edited by sulli90

[quote name='hizzy' date='18 February 2010 - 07:07 PM' timestamp='1266476853' post='2189157']

[/quote]

You seem to have ignored my point.
If this had occurred in an environment outside of the current war GLOF would not have stood a chance.

Also I have to say my dealings with NV during this saga were very good and it has increased my respect for you guys.

[quote name='hizzy' date='18 February 2010 - 02:07 AM' timestamp='1266476853' post='2189157']

[/quote]

GLOF ran off because they know there is going to be hell to pay for up and attacking an ally with no reason. They hope that by tucking tail and running everyone will forget that they attacked their own allies without so much as talking to them first. In all my time on Planet Bob have I never seen something like this. The amount of failure show by GLOF here at every single level is almost hard to believe. You know they screwed up, I know they screwed up, their allies know they screwed up and they know they screwed up. The failure to attempt to salvage this by coming clean on that and making things right has done nothing but buried GLOF even deeper. If you know them I suggest you help put their house in order and make things right, because you and I both know how alliances run like this end up.

[quote name='Thunder Strike' date='18 February 2010 - 08:56 AM' timestamp='1266479767' post='2189278']
Also I have to say my dealings with NV during this saga were very good and it has increased my respect for you guys.
[/quote]

Consider the feeling mutual.

[quote name='The Big Bad' date='18 February 2010 - 01:00 PM' timestamp='1266494452' post='2189532']
GLOF ran off because they know there is going to be hell to pay for up and attacking an ally with no reason. They hope that by tucking tail and running everyone will forget that they attacked their own allies without so much as talking to them first. In all my time on Planet Bob have I never seen something like this. The amount of failure show by GLOF here at every single level is almost hard to believe. You know they screwed up, I know they screwed up, their allies know they screwed up and they know they screwed up. The failure to attempt to salvage this by coming clean on that and making things right has done nothing but buried GLOF even deeper. If you know them I suggest you help put their house in order and make things right, because you and I both know how alliances run like this end up.
[/quote]

Whatever floats your boat

[quote name='Thunder Strike' date='18 February 2010 - 02:12 AM' timestamp='1266459131' post='2188595']

[/quote]

Actually if history has shown us anything its not what you do, but how big the friends that stick up for you are that decide if you become a smoking hole or an irate poster.

Edited by agafaba

[quote]Actually if history has shown us anything its not what you do, but how big the friends that stick up for you are that decide if you become a smoking hole or an irate poster. [/quote]
You are correct. If I can count correctly, and I'm assuming I can, the amount of people sticking up for us was greater than the amount of people sticking up for you.

Of course, this does not matter. The war is over, in a somewhat odd fashion of course, but it's over and we know what's what and who's who.

All the consternation on this issue is tiresome. Let me summarize what's actually gone down in hope that it will show everyone some of the pointless of this debate:

A person with a very bad reputation for doing stupid and childish things come to power within the 57th (see anything related to the Browncoats for a character reference) and, apparently, acts in a way that is very much in character to their past actions.

GLOF sees these actions as an aggressive and warlike act and responds in kind, and displays their evidence for everyone in their CB. The only defense against the allegations is "OMG, it's faked!" When a much more conclusive and obvious defense would be to simply bring the supposed posts into their public areas for everyone to see and thus proving their innocence. They chose not to do so, which can easily be interpreted as an admission of guilt, since there would be no reason not to do so.

Now, was GLOF's handling of the matter perfect? i don't think anyone would try and claim that. I think most of us would agree that a diplomatic solution would have been better, or at least an attempt at one.

For everyone with the "burden of proof is on glof" argument, all i can say is that they did. They produced screen shots of alleged indiscretion. If the 57th wanted to dispute it, instead of arguing about pixels they should have just done the obvious thing and that would be to produce the actual posts in question. People claiming that they need to be masked to see it must not know how forum permissions work. simply move it to an area and where it's visible to everyone. it's not that hard.

That said, the 57th should be proud that they have such loyal allies. There are many to have come to their defense in spite of their inability, or unwillingness, to defend their own innocence. My only suggestion would be to not take this loyalty for granted, and believe that it gives you free reign to do whatever you like. Such loyalty can only be stretched so far. You have some good allies; try not to lose another one.

because the issue was brought up on irc (so it's apparently not as dead as you think), and i was asked why i never weighed in on the subject on the OWF, so I chose to do so. If it's as dead an issue and you claim then it will be buried soon enough and it wont have mattered. I hope that that is actually the case.

[quote name='Toraoji' date='23 February 2010 - 11:00 AM' timestamp='1266879617' post='2198013']
All the consternation on this issue is tiresome. Let me summarize what's actually gone down in hope that it will show everyone some of the pointless of this debate:

A person with a very bad reputation for doing stupid and childish things come to power within the 57th (see anything related to the Browncoats for a character reference) and, apparently, acts in a way that is very much in character to their past actions.

GLOF sees these actions as an aggressive and warlike act and responds in kind, and displays their evidence for everyone in their CB. The only defense against the allegations is "OMG, it's faked!" When a much more conclusive and obvious defense would be to simply bring the supposed posts into their public areas for everyone to see and thus proving their innocence. They chose not to do so, which can easily be interpreted as an admission of guilt, since there would be no reason not to do so.

Now, was GLOF's handling of the matter perfect? i don't think anyone would try and claim that. I think most of us would agree that a diplomatic solution would have been better, or at least an attempt at one.

For everyone with the "burden of proof is on glof" argument, all i can say is that they did. They produced screen shots of alleged indiscretion. If the 57th wanted to dispute it, instead of arguing about pixels they should have just done the obvious thing and that would be to produce the actual posts in question. People claiming that they need to be masked to see it must not know how forum permissions work. simply move it to an area and where it's visible to everyone. it's not that hard.

That said, the 57th should be proud that they have such loyal allies. There are many to have come to their defense in spite of their inability, or unwillingness, to defend their own innocence. My only suggestion would be to not take this loyalty for granted, and believe that it gives you free reign to do whatever you like. Such loyalty can only be stretched so far. You have some good allies; try not to lose another one.
[/quote]

What posts are you referring to?

[quote name='Bower3aj' date='18 February 2010 - 01:36 AM' timestamp='1266474980' post='2189093']
I thought I was done here. but honestly?

A) thank you for reiterating what CtG said. I believe that was his point. But so it's clear:

[size="7"][u][b]WE DID NOT WANT TO DESTROY/KILL/E-WAR THE 57TH OVERLANDERS[/b][/u][/size]

is that clear enough evilsquirrel? or are you going to quote me and repeat what I said in different terms to somehow change that I said this. I don't even think that last sentence makes one bit of sense, but it's the only way to describe what you just did.

And now I am done.
[/quote]

I feel you are trying to emphasize something.