The Christmas Miracle

IRON cleared all ZI/etc lists at the end of Karma war iic

True. Clearing a ZI list is not the same thing as ending an alliance war; however, IRON's terms do include clearing all wars.

All Hegemony alliances had to 'clean their slates' to get peace.

This is not actually the case. Check the surrender terms. Also, the New Polar Order, Greenland Republic and TAB were not Hegemony.

For convenience, I have listed them here.

IRON: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=58579 - clears all wars per Article 8

GGA: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=57473 - does not clear wars

UPN: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=56109 - does not clear wars

Veritas Aequitas: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=55970 - does not clear wars

The Legion: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=56117 - does not clear wars

I would suggest some efforts be made to contact these alliances, along with the Karma alliances listed above, by whatever diplomatic staff \m/ has chosen to employ.

Or you could declare war on us. That'd be fun too.

You don't need to declare war on the same alliance twice.

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Bel Air changed their name to \m/ to get new members...

Pretty much. RAD was originally going to pull this move, but for various reasons did not.

One pathetic alliance changes their name to another pathetic alliance in hopes of banking off their former glory and reputation, even though when push came to shove and the original \m/ had to show what they were made of, they caved like the pathetic excuse for an alliance they were.

"waaaaahhhh! we didn't get good terms after only a week! we're taking our ball and going home!" then all their former members !@#$%* and complain about the mistreatment they got, even though \m/ had previously built their reputation off the mistreatment of smaller nations and other alliances that they could push around easily in a war. They failed, they were pathetic, they were sad, their leaders were horrible and worthless.

\m/ should stay buried.

True. Clearing a ZI list is not the same thing as ending an alliance war; however, IRON's terms do include clearing all wars.

This is not actually the case. Check the surrender terms. Also, the New Polar Order, Greenland Republic and TAB were not Hegemony.

For convenience, I have listed them here.

IRON: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=58579 - clears all wars per Article 8

GGA: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=57473 - does not clear wars

UPN: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=56109 - does not clear wars

Veritas Aequitas: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=55970 - does not clear wars

The Legion: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=56117 - does not clear wars

I would suggest some efforts be made to contact these alliances, along with the Karma alliances listed above, by whatever diplomatic staff \m/ has chosen to employ.

You don't need to declare war on the same alliance twice.

I have the utmost respect for you and for Invicta.

However, I am forced to point out that officially all individual \m/ nations surrendered and achieved peace, primarily by surrendering to Legion and following individual surrender terms, but also by following surrender terms laid out by NpO and others--with three exceptions--those being the Triumvirates. Thus, at the time \m/ disbanded, there were only three nations legally on the AA and a number of individuals who were technically ghosts. That was one of the last orders the Triumvirate gave. Should any alliance want to continue the war, they may attack WarriorConcept, Jason8, or myself should we ever decide to declare that \m/ as it was September 19, 2007 still exists. Hint: that ain't happening.

This is a legal argument I kept in an old briefcase for just such an occasion. I figured at some point someone would be insane enough to actually make a serious go of this and would need a legal basis to keep from getting killed. I also knew that so long as Electron Sponge was being backed up by NPO, legalities wouldn't matter. Given that we now live in an age where legalities are more important than the ability to fight, it was time to pop the case.

Now I'm sure there will be at least one of you who decides to compose a nice 5 paragraph theme to tell me why my legal case is wrong. You may even see Tygaland or someone else come in and make this about STA or the corn prices in Pacifica, or whatever. To all those who would do so I say the following: LIGHTEN UP BEFORE YOU HAVE A STROKE, IT'S BEEN OVER 2 FRIGGEN YEARS!!!!!

I wish the new \m/, and that is exactly what it is, not the entity that disbanded over 2 years ago, much success and prosperity.

EDIT: \m/>_<\m/ carry on

Edited by ChairmanHal

Pretty much. RAD was originally going to pull this move, but for various reasons did not.

One pathetic alliance changes their name to another pathetic alliance in hopes of banking off their former glory and reputation, even though when push came to shove and the original \m/ had to show what they were made of, they caved like the pathetic excuse for an alliance they were.

"waaaaahhhh! we didn't get good terms after only a week! we're taking our ball and going home!" then all their former members !@#$%* and complain about the mistreatment they got, even though \m/ had previously built their reputation off the mistreatment of smaller nations and other alliances that they could push around easily in a war. They failed, they were pathetic, they were sad, their leaders were horrible and worthless.

\m/ should stay buried.

While I disagree with your...analysis... of ancient history, the fact remains that this is a new alliance and the old \m/ is still very much dead. I'm sure the new members would appreciate it if your commentary was more along the lines of current events.

While I disagree with your...analysis... of ancient history, the fact remains that this is a new alliance and the old \m/ is still very much dead. I'm sure the new members would appreciate it if your commentary was more along the lines of current events.

And I'd appreciate it if they wouldn't try to revive a dead alliance in an effort to cash in on it's former glory in an effort to garner them a quick boost to reputation or members or both.

It's hollow, it's a sham, and it's pathetic.

And I'd appreciate it if they wouldn't try to revive a dead alliance in an effort to cash in on it's former glory in an effort to garner them a quick boost to reputation or members or both.

It's hollow, it's a sham, and it's pathetic.

Dammit, you saw right through it all. Never mind that we all miss the only alliance that ever felt like home to us. No, there couldn't possibly be any sentimental value to us. The expert Astronaut Jones saw through the whole thing. Shucks.

I have the utmost respect for you and for Invicta.

However, I am forced to point out that officially all individual \m/ nations surrendered and achieved peace, primarily by surrendering to Legion and following individual surrender terms, but also by following surrender terms laid out by NpO and others--with three exceptions--those being the Triumvirates. Thus, at the time \m/ disbanded, there were only three nations legally on the AA and a number of individuals who were technically ghosts. That was one of the last orders the Triumvirate gave. Should any alliance want to continue the war, they may attack WarriorConcept, Jason8, or myself should we ever decide to declare that \m/ as it was September 19, 2007 still exists. Hint: that ain't happening.

This is a legal argument I kept in an old briefcase for just such an occasion. I figured at some point someone would be insane enough to actually make a serious go of this and would need a legal basis to keep from getting killed. I also knew that so long as Electron Sponge was being backed up by NPO, legalities wouldn't matter. Given that we now live in an age where legalities are more important than the ability to fight, it was time to pop the case.

Now I'm sure there will be at least one of you who decides to compose a nice 5 paragraph theme to tell me why my legal case is wrong. You may even see Tygaland or someone else come in and make this about STA or the corn prices in Pacifica, or whatever. To all those who would do so I say the following: LIGHTEN UP BEFORE YOU HAVE A STROKE, IT'S BEEN OVER 2 FRIGGEN YEARS!!!!!

I wish the new \m/, and that is exactly what it is, not the entity that disbanded over 2 years ago, much success and prosperity.

EDIT: \m/>_<\m/ carry on

Not to mention that Electron Sponge is my dog and he's also fallen off the face of the earth.

Edited by Chief Savage Man

Chairman Hal http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=27476

Just curious how that is going to work out.

*Please don't consider this a complaint against \m/ existing, just trying to get all the e-laywer stuff settled before this gets more in depth and into the back rooms*

Edited by Remaliat

Chairman Hal http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=27476

Just curious how that is going to work out.

*Please don't consider this a complaint against \m/ existing, just trying to get all the e-laywer stuff settled before this gets more in depth and into the back rooms*

Hopefully NpO knows that we're not here for vengeance or whatever. It's been well over two years since that whole mess. Since then, the main culprit in our eyes has been kicked out, reviled, loved, in an alliance with me, founded an alliance with me (and goby), and is now nowhere to be found. If Grub has an issue with our existence, then he is more than welcome to contact one of us and make his complaints known.

Well, this looks somewhat like \m/. I'll give you credit for that. But there's maybe three people I actually remember being in \m/ here, none of whom are WarriorConcept, ChairmanHal, mythicknight or Jason8, who I would consider the most famous remaining members. Chief Savage Man is probably the best you've got.

Also, you don't have the Initiative to back you up in doing whatever you want. How on Planet Avril do you expect to uphold the reputation of \m/ as "ruining the game for everyone else" when you can't hide behind the protection of a hegemonic bloc?! You certainly can't threaten to attack members of actual alliances not within your treaty web for saying things you disagree with, as back in the day.

And it's certainly fun to brag about tech raiding, but come on, it doesn't work any more. There's no vast supply of nukeless unaligned 50k NS nations out there.

So, why are you reforming \m/? It will be nothing like the exaggerated nostalgia and can never be, and has everyone's negative opinions of both \m/ and Bel Air piled onto it. In short, this is the dumbest idea I've seen in a long time.

Their vote for SF induction is going on as we speak. They'll have all the backing they need to terrorize the world once again.

Until R&R starts killing off Fark's friends just to show they can, and subsequently gets stomped. B)

So you're another alliance Hell bent on playing by the current norms and taking no risks, yet at the same time claiming to be thugs and hard? Yeah, sounds like the original \m/ to me. Good job.

Please point to a 'large' (3m NS or above) alliance that acts without too much regard for its own well being (pssst, you don't count, you operate in the same way other alliances do while screaming to the world that you're different; just because you *say* you're different doesn't make it so).

Edited by Penkala

I am not liking this 'gangsta' alliance which is 'where the hood is being'.

But I do enjoy the people jumping and dancing around like they just found a strange rash on their privates.

Trust me, these are not "gangsters" and they are not "hood"

You can lay those fears to rest.