Poll: Next big war

KIADO

When do you think will the next big war happen?  

880 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it takes time to grow balls. :v:

But hey, until that you can continue with those baiting attempts. Who knows they might bite if you try harder?

Someone from TOP talking about others growing balls? lol.

You need to take your own advice, bro.

The assertions that war will start between now and New Year's are overly optimistic. It takes a long time for tensions to manifest themselves into war, as every side involved wants to concentrate as much power to their side as possible, and no one really likes to take the first step and possibly be seen as the "bad guy."

As for the main question of the thread, I'm with Azaghul. The situation is still complex and there's various points of tension, but at the moment I can't see which one of those will come to war. That means that war is at least a couple of months away, but that fits with all the categories you gave, so I really can't vote at all.

And yeah, it's almost a certainty that every major bloc will participate, due either to treaty obligations or strategic considerations, just like in most wars throughout history. Perhaps one or two will find a way to stay out; no-one's really sure how a multipolar world works in terms of the strategic considerations, and we don't have a precedent to see how they might behave.

I agree, it's likely that every major bloc will participate as well. War is simply too much fun/exciting for anyone to stay out, and on top of that, the dynamics of the Cyberverse nearly dictate that most alliances will be involved in some way: each side in the mounting conflict looks to pull more and more allies to their side, so it inevitably turns into a bipolar world, at least for the duration of that conflict. It is not inconceivable that only a select few of the parties become involved in any conflict, but that would take an effort on all other parties to maintain their distance in the situation. That alone is hard enough.

You seem to be very committed to the idea of a war between neutral alliances, D34th. May I ask why?

Looks like my internet wants that a lot, I just noticed the triple post now because Tarikmo said to me, I really don't know what happened, may be a signal? :P

I'm fairly certain the next "big" conflict will start as a C&G civil war within the next month or so (FoB's cancellation of its protectorate treaty with us got things rolling), dragging in Frostbite and Citadel on one side and much of black and SuperFriends on the other.

Either that or within the next two months or so C&G will be moving on purple, and things will snowball from there.

What nobody realizes is that cupcakery has already planned it all out and decreed that the next conflict won't occur for quite a while. Our plan calls for war no earlier than 8-10 months from now and we all know cupcakery controls everything...

Edited by Big Z

My opinion...

All blocs will be involved in the war somewhat, but thats what happends to these global wars now days. Treaty web etc.

I think C&G/Frostbite will be on the same side, due to 4 C&G/FB MDoAPs (MK-STA, MK-NpO, GR- NpO, Van-STA)

AZTEC, probably with Frostbite (NV links)

Superfriends I'm not sure with, possibly with C&G, I haven't put much thought into their whereabouts, the rest of maroon will probably be with them.

Bastion, meh, probably just a link to bring VE into SF's side

Below, meh, GOD already with SF, VE linked to SF. Just brings OV in.

CDT will probably be with Purple, bringing in all of Invicta's blocs (Purqua, CDT, Poseidon)

Citadel will probably have TOOL due to Argent-TOOL. IRON might go with TOP

A thing to keep in mind is all the individuals who fought on the Hegemony side. Where will they go? Possibly with purple? Some alliances breaking free of terms before the war/people holding them in terms aren't strong enough to keep them there, like a breakout from prison.

Everyone is so impatient. Personally I'm enjoying the tension and uncertainty for once.

It's annoying that no one has capitalised on this uncertainty yet. While things are a little tense it's not at the stage where people are really in the mood for a war, everyone just seemd to be eyeing one another up.