Post Karma War: entertainment

jerdge

Fun before and after the Karma War  

773 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fun fact: people have a tendency to imprint on their first major war as being especially fun. My level of personal interaction in each war has increased every time, which has helped a bit with increasing the novelty, but the first war is still always unique because you haven't experienced it before.

Interesting poll.

For the first part, I voted (-). Being a Voxian, the pre-Karma period was probably the most entertaining of my time here. The company I held and what we came up against gave this game a purpose I am yet rediscover.

However, I know that things will become interesting in future, therefore I voted (-+) in the second part.

Fun fact: people have a tendency to imprint on their first major war as being especially fun. My level of personal interaction in each war has increased every time, which has helped a bit with increasing the novelty, but the first war is still always unique because you haven't experienced it before.

Yes, this is true.

I actually still remember having a ton of fun in Illuminati. Looking back, it was a ridiculous rout; Illuminati were totally unprepared, and if I had to do it again now I would be totally bored, yawn, nothing to do.

But of course going in I didn't know much about alliance wars, having never been in one, and it was really exciting in the planning stages and the first night or so where I was nervous as anything about what was going to happen.

I didn't have a good reason to be nervous then, but hey, I didn't really know that. :) So that made it fun. Plus our propaganda was excellent. I did have a small part in that; I made the image Dawny used here: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?a...&pid=430816 - however, I also still have this on my YouTube favourites: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNONP8Illkg

Not true for everyone. The first war I fought in was GWIII, and though I did have a lot of fun, I had much more fun in the UJW.

Also I heard that Francos Spain is behind a truck in the water outside the SS Anne.

How do I move the truck!?

Also, I'm going to agree with pretty much all the Vox people that posted lol. I haven't had any time before, or after that time where I've had more fun.

Yes, exactly, people just keep making alliances like TDSM8.

Or bloated alliances that like to run their mouths.

CRAP, AM I TALKING ABOUT NSO OR MK HERE!? :awesome:

I'd agree with the following though:

Behind the scenes there is a good amount of interesting stuff going on. Alliances are trying to find their way in this new post-Karma world we live in. And that should set up some interesting times ahead.

Absolutely, which is why you're going to be seeing several people talking about how amazing the Great War was. Which it was :v:

Not true for everyone. The first war I fought in was GWIII, and though I did have a lot of fun, I had much more fun in the UJW.

Well yeah, that's why he said tendency. It's not going to end up unequivocally true all the time.

The thing that is boring me most is people complaining that the game is boring :psyduck:

Feel free to make your own fun if any of you are really that bored, because there are plenty of ways that you can entertain yourself in CN. Of course, some of these ways require imagination and time, but some can be carried out immediately for insta-fun if that is what you need. The point being that you don't have to depend on other people creating fun for you, you just choose to because you're lazy and want to be spoon-fed entertainment.

Right on! Did people make war because of Hegemony? No they made war because they where bored! I repeat flat out bored. This will always happen. It's a cycle. Someone can only be so bored before they make fun for themselves. Then everyone follows.

The buildup to war is always the best part. Things are pretty dull for the average grunt right now.

Generally speaking when it's boring for grunts the foreign affairs and internal mid-level gov end up putting in some hard hours. Not interesting hours perhaps but the sort of work that determines how the next war might go for their respective alliances.

A lot of new start up alliances right now are seeing most of the action. A good chunk of CN is recruiting actively and it's certainly seems to be putting additional pressure on some folks. The average life of a start-up has always been small but that's usually linked to ineffective leadership. The war shook some decent characters into starting alliances and some of the ones folding nowadays seem to be from burn-out rather than mismanagement.

I'll put it this way, if you can't see the interesting moves that are extremely important I can tell you that they are happening. Their was a thread in the beginning of summer which in my opinion was arguably the most informative topic of the summer that indicated a lot. At the end of the thread, it was just a dumb debate but the OP was pretty interesting.

There are even recent threads in the past week that are interesting too. No, not the Purple-MK thread. That was just a trainwrek. I'm talking about the Vanguard levaing OUT thread. It might mean nothing, but it could be very important and I thought it brought back some drama and excitment back into the game for a little bit.

Edited by Ryan Greenberg

I'm enjoying myself quite a lot really. For the last few weeks there's pretty much constantly been an issue going on that needs sorting. Good times, and busy times. I find myself getting quite bored if I've not got anything to do. Always something fun bubbling under the surface though.

ODN just cancled with 2 Citadel alliances. Not to mention MHA who is anything but a Citadel member. They were low level treaties, but I believe they might be the first "line drawing" cancellations. There will have to be many more and it will take months, but you might be seeing the roots for war starting to sprout. For those of you who say there is no fun, your crazy. It's gotten better signifigantly in the past 2 weeks. Besides, if these small cancellations are the beginnings of something big you won't have anything to cry about because the lead-up to war is always the best part. :D

I'll put it this way, if you can't see the interesting moves that are extremely important I can tell you that they are happening. Their was a thread in the beginning of summer which in my opinion was arguably the most informative topic of the summer that indicated a lot. At the end of the thread, it was just a dumb debate but the OP was pretty interesting.

Which thread was that? :o

ODN just cancled with 2 Citadel alliances. Not to mention MHA who is anything but a Citadel member. They were low level treaties, but I believe they might be the first "line drawing" cancellations. There will have to be many more and it will take months, but you might be seeing the roots for war starting to sprout. For those of you who say there is no fun, your crazy. It's gotten better signifigantly in the past 2 weeks. Besides, if these small cancellations are the beginnings of something big you won't have anything to cry about because the lead-up to war is always the best part. :D

I certainly won't be staying up at night worrying about a blindside from ODN.

Edited by Working_Class_Ruler