Post Karma War: entertainment

jerdge

Fun before and after the Karma War  

773 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of curiosity, if you'd be so inclined, could you please elaborate?

Well since somebody used poker language, let me go with that theme to try to best describe it.

I feel as though, since the "big stack bully" has lost his "chips", that the other players at "the table" had a opening to "change gears" of "the table" and stop playing "tight" and "conservative" in a lot of ways.

But that didn't really happen. The game didn't picked up any rhythm again which was (as so it appeared) very slowed down by the "big stack bully" as it was favorable like that to him.

But don't get me wrong, I cant blame players for playing the way they think is the best for them. I am just saying that certain potential was not taken advantage of, for better or worse. I am quite sure a lot will happen in the future and the game will enjoy many more highlight moments, but the "problem" (so to call it loosely) is that the time frames of wait before something happens are ever more wider as it appears to me. And while there certainly will be very "epic" major wars up ahead, and I think that there is plenty of desire to "get the chips" so that isn't the problem, the game just took a certain paste now and there is no "big stack bully" to blame that on him any longer.

I hope I described my line there as for your understanding now. And indeed, I will agree that "change of gears" was not to be expected and players are to play how they wish with their "chips", still, potential was there.

Edited by Branimir

Well since somebody used poker language, let me go with that theme to try to best describe it.

I feel as though, since the "big stack bully" has lost his "chips", that the other players at "the table" had a opening to "change gears" of "the table" and stop playing "tight" and "conservative" in a lot of ways.

But that didn't really happen. The game didn't picked up any rhythm again which was (as so it appeared) very slowed down by the "big stack bully" as it was favorable like that to him.

But don't get me wrong, I cant blame players for playing the way they think is the best for them. I am just saying that certain potential was not taken advantage of, for better or worse. I am quite sure a lot will happen in the future and the game will enjoy many more highlight moments, but the "problem" (so to call it loosely) is that the time frames of wait before something happens are ever more wider as it appears to me. And while there certainly will be very "epic" major wars up ahead, and I think that there is plenty of desire to "get the chips" so that isn't the problem, the game just took a certain paste now and there is no "big stack bully" to blame that on him any longer.

I hope I described my line there as for your understanding now. And indeed, I will agree that "change of gears" was not to be expected and players are to play how they wish with their "chips", still, potential was there.

Well at the moment while the continuum/NPO has been taken down, the MDP web is still terrible and the strength is spread out among 5 main entities, no single bloc has enough strength to do anything right now, because any war would likely end up with a massive coalition formed against them, similar to what NPO dealt with.

Slowly the blocs will come together, and we will have 2 different sides, that is when it will start to pick up again hopefully. Either that or like a recent almost event, a medium sized alliance does something stupid and it spreads out to a global war that could potentially give one bloc the upper hand.

I find it amusing that most of the discussion on these forums centers around how bored and unsatisfied people are. Perhaps we could identify masochism as one of this game's side effects?

Anyone who visits the OWF on a regular basis is a masochist, this is not news. :v:

Everyone is still feeling out the table as they have been playing with the "big stack bully" for so long they need to see if other peoples playing style has changed and what everyone is going to bet yet. Give it some time and the hands will get big again.

The game has certainly became less interesting over the past few months and I for one have taken to collecting and paying my bills while I wait this lull out. I hope politics will get more exciting in the future but I am bunkering down, consolidating my position and getting ready for a long wait.

It would be nice if regular CN was more like CNTE. Continuous war and alliance war! Muhahahaha! :lol1:

CN has becoming too political. Wars are becoming less common. War terms have become nastier - discouraging war. Infra farming has become the favorite past time of most people in CN.

Edited by Arwen