Post Karma War: entertainment

jerdge

Fun before and after the Karma War  

773 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

generally you see two major wars a year each around 4-9 months from each other this can of course lead to some years having only 1 major war and as far as i know of no year has had more than 2. Considering that the Karma war didn't end until 2 months ago i don't think tensions will arise for another 1-3 months and war will not come for some time after that.

I think Great War II, Great War III, and the Unjust War were all in 2007.

generally you see two major wars a year each around 4-9 months from each other this can of course lead to some years having only 1 major war and as far as i know of no year has had more than 2. Considering that the Karma war didn't end until 2 months ago i don't think tensions will arise for another 1-3 months and war will not come for some time after that.

GWII, GWIII and UjW were all in 2007. In comparison to how other such wars have gone, though, Great Wars II and III were sort of a continuation of the same conflict with a couple months of time out in the middle. Most "sides" don't survive wars intact like that anymore, so it takes longer for new ones to formulate and wars don't break out quite so frequently.

This is how the major wars timeline looked

August 2006: Great War I

January 2007: Great War II

March (April?) 2007: GW III

September 2007: Unjust war

August 2008: War of the Co-alition

April 2009: Karma war

The longest drought we had, was the year long one when Continuum ruled. I thought at the end of Karma that 2009 was going to be like 2007, and we would have several wars, but most alliances and blocs seem content to simply sit back and wait. However, there has already been some back room stuff going on, so I expect a war by Christmas at least.

However, I don't understand this topic, and it's seemed to come up since GWIII. People always seem to say they are bored, and want another war, but then do nothing. Personally, I don't even understand why people need a war to have fun. The majority of the fun I have in this game is hanging out with my alliance mates on IRC, and just talking about stuff. But that may just be me.

Edited by Kaiser

If CN does not step up the fun levels, I am going to consider suicide.

I think the whole 'it used to be more fun' thing gets overplayed. We tend to look back to the old days and think how exciting were, but if you were to check the boards, back then we were complaining it wasn't fun enough. I say just get on with things and stop trying to measure happines.

Edited by Ch33kY

Everyone is safe in their little holes at the moment and no one wants to do anything except repopulate the treaty web. The Karma side have become heavily treatied post Karma war and the H side has become far less treatied now that most peoples terms are up, yes ODN I'm looking at you and your treaty of the day threads. Things are very tedious and unlike times gone by I cant see where anything good is going to happen besides Brown and Pink implosions. Things were stagnent before now they are dying. Was NPO really killing the game or was it just easy to blame them for being responsible for everything wrong in the world?

27,134 current active nations.

Everyone is safe in their little holes at the moment and no one wants to do anything except repopulate the treaty web. The Karma side have become heavily treatied post Karma war and the H side has become far less treatied now that most peoples terms are up, yes ODN I'm looking at you and your treaty of the day threads. Things are very tedious and unlike times gone by I cant see where anything good is going to happen besides Brown and Pink implosions. Things were stagnent before now they are dying. Was NPO really killing the game or was it just easy to blame them for being responsible for everything wrong in the world?

27,134 current active nations.

I could see very good things involving the implosion of a certain non-pink, non-brown color.

Wars are too destructive between the actual damage caused to nations and the surrender terms to expect them to happen very often. People are still too afraid to take risks with their communities for the sake of making the game enjoyable for others. I can't really blame them given how fickle and impatient the players here are. That said if we go 11 months without a major conflict (arguably longer since the so-called War of the Coalition was major only in consequence, wasn't much of a real war) again heads are going to roll.

the leader of NpO does post occasionally but with nothing interesting at all.

:P

There was that post a month of so back that kinda got credit for jump-starting the moribund peace-talks.

Speaking as of the nations that got a pretty good curb-stomp in the last unplesantness - I can tell you it ain't gonna hurt near as much the second time. Perhaps another side will pick the battlefield next round.

It's still fun.

The OWF has been pretty quiet since school started, but before that there was some nice tension. Things are generally civil now but a lot of people seem to have deep-rooted and bitter grudges; I have the impression that it wouldn't take much to make some people snap, and that's when things get fun. :P

I count five major power clusters: SuperFriends, Citadel, C&G, Frostbite and CDT+Poseidon. Which aren't you counting? :huh:

CDT+Poseidon is two blocs, and they're not really considered a main power cluster.

This may change with time, though.

Edited by Ephriam Grey

Everybody was reaching for the stars and when they had them, they suddenly realized its just a boring lightbulb. I find this to be incredibly funny.

I never imagined id say this, but we need another ebil overlord to fight against.

Ah, but I know you know ... that an ebil overlord will be manufactured in the minds of the many -- it won't matter if the overlord is really ebil or not.

Everybody was reaching for the stars and when they had them, they suddenly realized its just a boring lightbulb. I find this to be incredibly funny.

I never imagined id say this, but we need another ebil overlord to fight against.

Or we could all become ebil overlords, and start trying to cement the dominance of our own alliances.

As long as we don't have people crying about injustice and honour. I can't take much more of that.

Or we could all become ebil overlords, and start trying to cement the dominance of our own alliances.

You need personality to make a mark and stand out, I think that is what is lacking right now.

Edited by Aimee Mann

With at least three distinct poles of power in essentially a mexican standoff, I don't see how things aren't going to get more interesting. The kind of people who see this kind of period as boring are the footsoldiers. While the politicians maneuver and win the war beforehand, the grunt looks for somewhere to channel his instinctual hatred. At the moment he doesn't have any orders because there's a downturn in activity as people go to school and also because the leaders are still measuring their rivals and putting pieces together.

Edited by Arcturus Jefferson

Wars are too destructive between the actual damage caused to nations and the surrender terms to expect them to happen very often. People are still too afraid to take risks with their communities for the sake of making the game enjoyable for others. I can't really blame them given how fickle and impatient the players here are. That said if we go 11 months without a major conflict (arguably longer since the so-called War of the Coalition was major only in consequence, wasn't much of a real war) again heads are going to roll.

Sorry Doitzel but I think 11-12 months is a fairly accurate estimate.

The noCB war really wasn't much different in sides and predictably than the GATO-1V war. What made that interesting was the rise of Vox Populi and the fact that Hegemony won the military war but lost the propaganda war. And of course for MK going all out nuclear on NPO, weakening NPO's claim of superior military ability and making it "cool" to defy them along with Vox. That war directly contradicts the saying that the winners write history.

Q stagnated the game for a really long time, but as a solid entity it was easier to break up in the end than what we have now: numerous blocks interconnected with numerous treaties. Individual alliances dislike individual alliances, and there are some individual alliances that are unpopular but there's no block that is really unpopular. The better liked alliances in various blocks protect the less liked ones from getting into trouble.