Imperial Decree from the New Pacific Order

I don't doubt that. But the address... addresses none of the problems with the NPO right now.

Excuse me one second - would you please enlighten me as to what you believe to be a problem in the Order right now? Can you tell me how the leaders of Pacifica are oppressing their own kind, or anyone else? Are you aware of any specific interesting tid-bits of information that somehow allows you to vaguely state that there are problems with Pacifica?

Personally, I don't think you can answer any of those questions very well, if at all. The previous war, the one about Karmic revenge, was one by the side who had things to get revenge for. In the surrender terms, Pacifica had all diplomatic ties severed, and was put under the largest amount of reps we will probably ever see, at least for a long time.

I am not in Pacifica, so I cannot completely tell you what the common Pacifican is feeling, or how they see this, but I was in the Order less than 2 months ago. Your time in the Order ended over two years ago, and I highly doubt it was an extremely long stay anyway. You cannot possibly hope to even understand what Pacificans are really like nowadays.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't it possible for the leadership to, themselves, change?

They haven't shown the capability or the inclination so far, and this address is further proof of that shortcoming.

Pacifica still believes in Pacifica Uber Alles. If that includes taking your lands, raping your horses and riding home on your women, they're okay with that and don't care if you aren't - because as they're so fond of saying, they're stronger than you.

The only thing different right now is that they're not stronger. When that changes... it's back to business as usual.

Until Pacifica renounces their belief in expanding and enriching Pacifica at the cost of others, nothing has changed.

Edited by He Who Has No Name

Until Pacifica renounces their belief in expanding and enriching Pacifica at the cost of others, nothing has changed.

Well...

• The Pacifican community will embrace the values of discipline and respect; respect to each other, the chain of command, and the community at large.

Assuming what you say is true, looks like they did.

FAN's official response to this announcement shall consist of a wary, raised eyebrow.

I'll have what he's having. Seems to help keep the mind clear.

Actions > Words and Friends > Infra. When I see NPO take a big hit for an ally, I'll believe it's got a new direction.

Pacifica still believes in Pacifica Uber Alles. If that includes taking your lands, raping your horses and riding home on your women, they're okay with that and don't care if you aren't - because as they're so fond of saying, they're stronger than you.

It must be nice to live in an alliance whose sole reason to live is to talk about/against/around/near/adjacent to Pacifica. I imagine that must grow quite tiresome.

I miss the days when everyone on that end of the Cyberverse got off on Neutral-Shoving. The Pacifica-must-die schpeel is as antiquated as the in-game Land feature.

Well...

Assuming what you say is true, looks like they did.

I initially read "the community at large" to refer to the NPO as a whole, but that's a fair reading.

And indeed while everyone moans about how poorly the NPO treats its own members and this community, no one ever champions the cause of the chain of command. For all of Karma's moralizing, they've completely ignored its plight. Kudos to the NPO for encouraging respect for the chain of command on their own volition.

Odd. These non-Pacifican states seem to expect:

1) A speech to the Body Republic of the Order simulcast to the OWF would address them.

2) Any structural chages would occur on Aug 28, when it was explicitly stated in TT 150 that those changes DO NOT HAPPEN on Aug 28.

A chain of command don't mean much if you haven't got much use for it. Seeing as how we've gone over three years without one, it's a fair chance that it does not, in fact, take Order to ensure Survival.

We're keeping an eye on you guys. Get too close to the 'trees' and there'll be plenty of green glowing delight of another variety to go around.

They haven't shown the capability or the inclination so far, and this address is further proof of that shortcoming.

Having pride in our accomplishments =/= thinking we are better than everyone. I find that distinction fairly easy to make.

As someone working on the ground floor of the diplomatic changes that the Order has set in place, I can bring assurances that what the Emperor has said is true. While I wouldn't say that the Order is now all about singing "Kum Ba Yah" and caring for lost kittens, what you will see from here on out is the "new" New Pacific Order. We are capable of responding to criticism and taking outside advice, and all we can do is ask for patience as we strive to show the world we mean what we say.

o/ The New Pacific Order, and may we continue to prosper and regrow.

We're keeping an eye on you guys. Get too close to the 'trees' and there'll be plenty of green glowing delight of another variety to go around.

There's nothing that brings a smile to my face quite like a thinly veiled threat during a celebration. Cheers to you as well!

Outstanding to have been with Pacifica to mark this occasion. I look forward to being part of these exciting times as we take another great step forward.

Wonderful goals Moo. I wish you all good fortune in attaining them.

/OOC: 6 years

3 years here ... it seems like it would be very difficult for a new person to assimilate into the group at this point. Comment, please.