The Abortion Disco

Yes, really. Despite my personal beliefs I find it offensive to have the word abortion in the name of the alliance and have it.......the best word is...perverted for use in this world.

[ooc]Abortion is a serious serious issue and shouldn't be used in this manner. I can't even think of an analogy I could make to prove how bad this is...thats how bad it is. I don't care if it's the internet or not, have some damn decency. [/ooc]

Come on Airme, it's the internet, you know people love shock value and outraging people.

I also agree with Airme, this is quite simply retarded. And for all those crying have thicker skin, we do have thick skin, doesn't mean we have to jump on the lulz train. You all could have had thicker skin while your alliances were being disbanded and destroyed, but you complained becasue of the moral outrage. Same thing here.

o/ Decency, or those of us who actually have some.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: I bet there are a good amount of people offended by your alliance name. Should admin close your alliance down?

Grow thicker skin people.

Except his alliance name isn't so blatantly an attempt to shock and disturb people as this is.

Not saying that's what it does for me, but I mean.. when it's THAT obvious what the intent was...

I don't get it. I mean, you can name your alliance whatever you want and all. I'm pretty sure you won't become a huge alliance anyway so I'm not going to bother getting all super upset, I just think it's stupid. Why would you pick that name? What does that even mean?

I don't get it. I mean, you can name your alliance whatever you want and all. I'm pretty sure you won't become a huge alliance anyway so I'm not going to bother getting all super upset, I just think it's stupid. Why would you pick that name? What does that even mean?

Agreeing here, but hey, waseva

I am sure they will have a bright future,.....wait...

I think the simple issue is that there is an alliance name that seems to encourage, joke about, or mock abortion simply for the fact that it is controversial.

I dont think it is cute or funny and is a lame attempt to attract attention, nothing more.

---------

[ooc] I guess the real question at hand is whether or not CN shares the same freedom of speech that Americans do or not. In the words of Voltaire: "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." [/ooc]

---------

So in short, I think you have the RIGHT to do this, but I will clearly and openly mock you for your lame attempt at getting attention.

The really funny thing here is that if he had named it "The Murder Disco" no one would have cared. ^_^

Also, I think a lot of you are mistaken if you think Jack wants to make some huge alliance out of this.

He just feels like dancing. :)

That's the feeling I get too. I personally Jack good luck with this venture.

The really funny thing here is that if he had named it "The Murder Disco" no one would have cared. ^_^

Also, I think a lot of you are mistaken if you think Jack wants to make some huge alliance out of this.

He just feels like dancing. :)

"lol all you guys are hypocrites and so uptight with all your being offended by things lol"

i don't know why people figure jack meant this thread to become a point to make people mad.

the name connects to when jack was in his first alliance and they gave him his own subforum titled "Abortion Disco" and he has had a special connection ever since. (i read the logs somewhere :v: )

Jack doesn't deserve to be considered a jerk just because his name includes abortion, his theme barely has anything to even do with the term (if u look it up in a dictionary).

i still say

07 Jack Diorno and Abortion Disco

i don't know why people figure jack meant this thread to become a point to make people mad.

the name connects to when jack was in his first alliance and they gave him his own subforum titled "Abortion Disco" and he has had a special connection ever since. (i read the logs somewhere :v: )

Jack doesn't deserve to be considered a jerk just because his name includes abortion, his theme barely has anything to even do with the term (if u look it up in a dictionary).

i still say

07 Jack Diorno and Abortion Disco

See, if you reference something that almost no one could be expected know anything about then you shouldn't be surprised when people don't understand your intent. Not knowing anything about the little in-reference this is about, it comes across as being deliberately provocative just for the sake of being provocative, which is stupid.

Interesting...the other definitions of the word abortion besides the termination of a pregnancy are dictionary.com:

1. The premature ending or abandonment of an undertaking.

2. Something that is regarded as poorly made or done.

Sounds to me like there is an abandonment of a poorly made alliance in the future.

I see what you did there :awesome:

Have to agree with AirMe though, it's in remarkably bad taste, and it's not "cute."

I agree with you 100%, but your "seizure" avatar is in equally bad taste and isn't cute either.

OOC: Actually, an image deliberately designed to give people seizures is in far worse taste than this alliance, which is just a stupid attempt to get a rise out of people.

-Bama