The Abortion Disco

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The correct response is OH MY GOD HIS ALLIANCE NAME HAS ABORTION IN IT, LET'S GRAB MORAL HIGH GROUND AND PRETEND LIKE THIS IS THE WORST THING IN THE HISTORY OF THE INTERNET!

I don't really like it to be honest but I'm not going to lose sleep over it either, I think SSSW18 is far more offensive and most people don't give a crap about their name so I don't see why all the moral outrage about this one.

The really funny thing here is that if he had named it "The Murder Disco" no one would have cared. ^_^

Also, I think a lot of you are mistaken if you think Jack wants to make some huge alliance out of this.

He just feels like dancing. :)

Londo, you are not alone in your disturbing viewpoint of thinking that you know everything about everyone, but I will quote you anyway. Why does it upset folks so much when others say they are offended? Does Jack have the right to name his alliance this? Yes. Do I find it offensive? Yes. Does that upset people that I have an opinion? It shouldn't, but apparently it does. But if it does upset you, then I and others will sit back and laugh at you while you go on thinking that you are so much better and enlightended than us narrow-minded jerks.

The correct response is OH MY GOD HIS ALLIANCE NAME HAS ABORTION IN IT, LET'S GRAB MORAL HIGH GROUND AND PRETEND LIKE THIS IS THE WORST THING IN THE HISTORY OF THE INTERNET!

And here I thought the correct response was to press the caps lock button and be overly dramatic without really saying anything of substance. :huh:

Why do you people take it so seriously? Do you think that if I dont find the word abortion to be offensive that I must think that the act of abortion is not offensive? Is that why you guys are so keyed up about that word, because you think you have to be in order to think the act of abortion itself is offensive?

Learn to not be keyed to respond to certain symbols. It makes you very predictable.

Why do you people take it so seriously? Do you think that if I dont find the word abortion to be offensive that I must think that the act of abortion is not offensive? Is that why you guys are so keyed up about that word, because you think you have to be in order to think the act of abortion itself is offensive?

Learn to not be keyed to respond to certain symbols. It makes you very predictable.

Why do you presume to know why this might upset people? And this stand that you are taking is predictable for you. Guess you really aren't that different (or better) than those you mock, eh? ;)

In all seriousness, Abortion is a word, I haven't used symbols or anything to represent abortions, advocate them or say they are a bad thing. People running in here and screaming blue murder are overreacting, its a word.

There are word filters so people can't use certain words. There are rules so people can't use certain words. Those words are just words, too. It's your name, it obviously doesn't bother you. And that's fine. But you and others have no right to be indignant in response to those who don't like the word and have the nerve to express themselves.

I don't really like it to be honest but I'm not going to lose sleep over it either, I think SSSW18 is far more offensive and most people don't give a crap about their name so I don't see why all the moral outrage about this one.

So if there's a treaty between SSSW18 and this alliance, it would be the:

She Said She Got an Abortion at the Disco Treaty

There are word filters so people can't use certain words. There are rules so people can't use certain words. Those words are just words, too. It's your name, it obviously doesn't bother you. And that's fine. But you and others have no right to be indignant in response to those who don't like the word and have the nerve to express themselves.

I haven't expressed any kind of emotion to people who are offended by the word, all I've done is apologize that the word offends them first, and just now advising people to see my alliance for what it is, not what they think it is.

Word filters are fine for swear words, but abortion is not a swear word.

In all seriousness, Abortion is a word, I haven't used symbols or anything to represent abortions, advocate them or say they are a bad thing. People running in here and screaming blue murder are overreacting, its a word.

OOC: Guess what? There are a lot of words that I cannot repeat on this forum, words are more than words. The Abortion Disco is making light of the whole issue which people on both sides agree that it is serious. That is why people are taking offense.

Edited by republic of granat

Londo, you are not alone in your disturbing viewpoint of thinking that you know everything about everyone, but I will quote you anyway. Why does it upset folks so much when others say they are offended? Does Jack have the right to name his alliance this? Yes. Do I find it offensive? Yes. Does that upset people that I have an opinion? It shouldn't, but apparently it does. But if it does upset you, then I and others will sit back and laugh at you while you go on thinking that you are so much better and enlightended than us narrow-minded jerks.

When has Londo claimed great enlightenment and superiority over others? He's pointing out something that is very true, in that people seem to put too much value into a medical term. As Jack put it, he hasn't said anything about the subject of abortion except for using the name. I mean, I wouldn't choose the name myself but I don't really see anything distinctly wrong about it in it's current form. Of course, if people feel the need to be offended, that's entirely within their right.

OOC: Guess what? There are a lot of words that I cannot repeat on this forum, words are more than words. The Abortion Disco is making light of the whole issue which people on both sides agree that it is serious. That is why people are taking offense.

OOC: I'm not American, I'd appreciate it if the Americans kept their OOC arguments that are spawned purely from their differing political parties out of my thread.

Thanks for ignoring my post, explaining where the name of this alliance originated. I hope you have a wonderful time ignoring other posts in the future.

Clearly Grub did read your post. Just because a bunch of [ooc]spam boards[/ooc] on some [ooc]alliance forums[/ooc] were named the same, gives it legitimacy on Bob as an Alliance name?

Disco could've been a harmless fun theme, but no we had to brought the 'lulz' too.

o/ CCC

Jack your a cool dude but that AA name is disgusting... :o Abortion is murder of innocent babies that did nothing to deserve execution by murderous Drs and women and/or mate who use abortion as birth control ... :mad:

OOC: I'm not American, I'd appreciate it if the Americans kept their OOC arguments that are spawned purely from their differing political parties out of my thread.

My nation allows abortion, but we respect the views of those who oppose it, as they consider it a form of murder. This is like calling your alliance "Holocaust Disco" in the view of those who oppose abortion.

My nation allows abortion, but we respect the views of those who oppose it, as they consider it a form of murder. This is like calling your alliance "Holocaust Disco" in the view of those who oppose abortion.

I agree and you need to be rolled big time IMO! was going to edit my post but I will piggyback on this post...but looking at your protector I see why you think it's a joke and funny... :rolleyes:

A reminder from your friendly neighborhood moderator: discussing the name of the alliance is fine, turning this thread into an abortion debate is not. Keep it IC and feel free to visit the Boiler Room if you want to discuss the morality of abortion.

I do not get offended often, and I am still not.

However, I find the name to simply be in poor taste.

And for those who are calling for "thicker skin," what if I named an alliance "Anti Gay Entente?" (AGE) People would be offended, and primarily, most likely, the people who are telling people to get over it and be less sensitive. Now, I won't, because it WOULD be offensive, and just plain wrong for an alliance. However, the example stands.

Touchy issue.