The Single Most Important Person....ever

Hyperion321

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate the man deeply, but I would have to Say Dilber is the most influential person for the current geopolitical climate. Not only in setting these things in motion by recognizing the weaknesses of Moldavi diplomacy and working to address them, but also in creating an NPO who's very survival and diplomatic capacity rested entirely upon his shoulders.

In short, without Dilber controlling the NPO, their diplomacy fell apart.

Sure, he screwed over everyone and everything to accomplish the fact. And the defeat of the NPO is largely due to his decisions.

Sponge turning against Pacifica? He did it because Dilber decided he'd win in a pissing contest against him. His mistake.

Everything in this game, more or less, has been affected by Dilber in some way or another, had their fate set in motion by him. It was Dilber and the IO's that convinced Moo to recoup Ivan, and thus lead to the current situation.

That's the reality.

Ivan Moldavi is the second most influential person in the game. As he is the only person that all of the Original NPO councils respected enough to give the job to. He was able to unite them. Without Ivan, the backstabbing and rivalries between the NPO's founders began to occur.

The NPO's reputation as evil yet classy. Respectable villains that made the game fun, are the result of Ivan's image and leadership. Dilber may have been more influential, but Ivan is easily the best leader this game has ever seen.

With Moldavi, you knew you were going to be screwed the moment you slipped up. Not because of fake logs or random boredom, but because when he smelled weakness he and the folks who worked with him exploited it, and took advantage of it. It was also Ivan who had the foresight to name Dilber as his successor.

Ivan made everything that the NPO has ever accomplished possible. What that place once was, it's heart and soul, were the result of his leadership. Dilber's NPO is drastically different. But whatever. Thats the one that will persist in folks memories for the time being.

Sponge, of course. Is just freacking crazy. And is Number 3. His notoriety has come mostly as being reactionary to Dilber, his apparently eternal rival. And also one of the main forces behind the defeat of GOONs and the NPO in its current iteration. You won't find a more skilled player anywhere.

And hes a pretty damn fine leader, too.

In my opinion, any top leaders list that does not have the top 3 being those in that order is delusional.

Gonna go with a bunch of unfamiliar names for old times sake.

Reformentia because of his time in the Legion and shaping some of the early history of CN.

Walford simply because of the mere fact of so many haters means he was doing some important.

Doiztel cuz of Vox.

Tygaland cuz of nuking Duffman

Vardovich for epic suicide

Zhadum and USBR for shaping a lot of policy under their respective regimes

Josef Thorpe for always having epic quotes

and lastly ES for being involved in so much history

1. In my time here without question, Dilber.

The lack of Dilber in the day-to-day affairs in NPO has shown for a while now.

2. Bilrow, not so much for what he did, but for the controversy surrounding him that ended GW IV (the UJW) prematurely. If that doesn't happen, the rest of world history evolves much differently.

3. Van Hoo III, because without his initial leadership of what would become Karma, the current war would not be what it was.

4. Electron Sponge...though one wonders where he'd be without his arch nemesis Slayer99 or ChairmanHal, who predicted Electron Sponge's downfall at the hands of karma.

Interesting that someone remembers that. If that hadn't happened >_< (Later: \m/) would have left The Initiative within weeks.

I lurked #>_< and #ln a lot, so not only did I get to see it go down, I got to see the event in question. But yeah. Had that happened, it'd have thrown off every war after it, etc.

yeah, it is xiph's vision from #sfdelegation (since you love to reference it ) that you see before you.

Oracle in the house. Or mastermind. Depends on who and when you're asking.*

*Shout out to The Big Bad and Anu Drake, wherever you guys are. You flatter me. ;)

Edited by Xiphosis

As for Electron Sponge, I'll save you the essay-length eye roll that would be my response. The only thing he was ever successful at was convincing people that he was successful.

Hey it beats only really being successful at convincing the people that already wanted to suckle at your teat that you won a war that you actually lost.

Doitzel hasn't had the impact that many others have had as an alliance leader. Ivan was gone for too long in my opinion, he could very well work his way back on.

My List in random order: Sponge, Dilber, Archon

Not true. Before Moo screwed up NPO this recent war, Moo himself stated that Doitzel did more damage to both orders then anyone previous. I think that says a lot right there.

yeah, it is xiph's vision from #sfdelegation (since you love to reference it ;) ) that you see before you. :awesome:

Xiph picked up the football and ran with it pretty much from December on. So in a sense it would be best to talk in terms of Hoo & Xiph.

This is not to say that there weren't people calling for action sooner in that chan...much. *cough*

Xiph picked up the football and ran with it pretty much from December on. So in a sense it would be best to talk in terms of Hoo & Xiph.

This is not to say that there weren't people calling for action sooner in that chan...much. *cough*

I honestly think we might live in different realities sometimes. Perpendicular moreso than parallel.

Creating the Aegis coalition during GW3 doesn't count?

Sponge, Dilber and Archon would probably by my pick.

Archon did not create Aegis, it was much like Kharma...I don't even believe he led it.

Edit: I am in no way saying he hasn't had a significant impact....just that he isn't Dilbers caliber with this criteria....yet.

Edited by Chalaskan

I'd say TrotskysRevenge because he did what no one else could and destroyed the New Pacific Order.

I was going to post that I couldn't believe anybody would actually consider Moo. But since you put it that way, it makes quite a bit of sense.

Edited by Sal Paradise

3. Van Hoo III, because without his initial leadership of what would become Karma, the current war would not be what it was.

I am sure you are seriously over-egging the pudding over this (which you keep bringing up all over the boards). As I have explained to you before, most of Karma did not meet until March, and was never aware of Hoo's supposedly huge role. The fact is, SF would have rolled together at all times, and that (from what I gather from the various hints) is pretty much all these early talks involved. SF would have come together to defend OV whatever, and it was the initiative of the other alliances that made Karma a winning coalition.

Putting Archon or LM in the list makes some degree of sense. But Hoo had nothing to do with the wartime coalition, nothing to do with the military coordination and almost nothing to do with the political movements, most of which would have happened anyway or were forced by the hegemony. He might be a cool guy but his impact on long term global affairs is extremely small.