Re: Valhalla

What does the New Polar Order have to do with any of my points...?

Seriously? Let's try to break it down. What did Polar do? What happened to Polar? So, if your "prophecy" is true...Polar should be coming back and getting "even" soon.

Some form of reparations would have been sufficient to slow down their growth and some sort of acknowledgement of past wrongs and an intent to change that attitude in future. If rebuilding is not an issue why ban outside aid? Why not aid them yourselves?

I really do love how you lot treat the people screwed over by these alliances over the past 18-24 months as the bad guys now. Enjoy your big old pile of smug.

Slow down their growth...like restricting outside aid? As for the rest of that, you basically want us to tell Valhalla what to do. "You kids have been bad, so apologize and promise to never do it again." Am I close? Do you seriously think that would work? How can you look yourself in the mirror after even suggesting that?

You know what, a lot of us have been screwed over by Valhalla before as well. So thanks. It's really appreciated. You know what we did to get back at them? Stomped them into the ground. It felt good. Give it a try sometime.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember nothing of your members helping us. I remember much of outside forces assisting us. He certainly seemed to be pretty well in control.

Maybe it was your wake up call, but you certainly did little at the time to help us.

I am not in Valhalla, nor was I. I do recall a nice chewing out of noWedge, him not listening, and the ball starting to roll on getting him kicked out of power, which wasn't exactly easy. Believe me or not, take it as you will.

I could respond to this in 2 ways. I hope you are wrong actually. I hope Valhalla and MK can use the post war period to attempt to lick wounds and make some sort of amends because your allies in TORN, ML and BAPS are some of the finest alliances in the game and I want to be allied to people like them.

So hopefully we can get past idiots like you and have some sort of relationship when this is over.

I don't think he speaks for Valhalla as a whole, if I can go out on a limb. Valhalla can fight, MK can fight, and in a purely academic sense, a 1-on-1 between the two would be serious carnage.

I for one am hopeful for the future on relations between my allies improving.

Edited by bigwoody

If this were actually true, the reps in even the smallest nuclear war between major alliances would be well into the billions. What you'd be asking is for Valhalla to disband, because that would be the end result of such a term. Reparations should be used as a way to force the surrendering alliance to pay for the actions that got them into the war, not as a way to make them rebuild your alliance.

If you don't want to lose infra, don't go to war. This goes for both sides in any conflict. Reparations, when used solely as a way to rebuild lost infra, is nothing but blood money. There are other uses for reparations that make the victors look less like asshats.

The value of technology that was extorted from MK after the last war was 123 billion dollars. What I meant to say was that the point of reps was to help the victor rebuild. Only a fool would assume I meant any differently.

I am not in Valhalla, nor was I. I do recall a nice chewing out of noWedge, him not listening, and the ball starting to roll on getting him kicked out of power, which wasn't exactly easy. Believe me or not, take it as you will.

My comments are based on my experience. Wherein I and my alliance mates were trolled extensively by noWedge and Valhalla, even in our own chan and a few PMs. I saw no Valhallans stand up for us or show private support. I do recall plenty of his allies doing all they could to help us. If Valhalla didn't like what was happening, they didn't show us a damn bit of it.

Seriously? Let's try to break it down. What did Polar do? What happened to Polar? So, if your "prophecy" is true...Polar should be coming back and getting "even" soon.

If polar's govt at the time had a past tendency to hold revenge high on their lists and issue crazy terms, you might have a point.

I am really really REALLY not a big fan of all this giving 1V and tC white peace !@#$. I sincerely hope that this comes back to bite all of you in the $@!. Idiots.

Actually it's a quite brilliant political move. The alliances giving white peace get sympathy and adoration of those they opposed, who will eventually grow back, reps or no reps. This is in large part ensuring they won't be the ones to be targeted once the hegemony alliances regrow. I highly doubt that that was their primary motivation for giving this white-like peace, which makes it even more honorable to persons like me who are, as so many other people in alliances who fought on the Hegemony's side are doing, taking notes. Just sayin.

Anyways, I am glad to see this.

Edited by rabonnobar

acknowledgement of past wrongs and an intent to change that attitude in future.

Tyga if that had actually worked, there would be no Karma.

Statements under duress mean exactly nothing. It is a tool of humiliation, which only ensures a long-term bitterness and hatred. This war more than any other is a lesson that past contents of instruments only provided short-term gains and long-term losses.

I don't think he speaks for Valhalla as a whole, if I can go out on a limb. Valhalla can fight, MK can fight, and in a purely academic sense, a 1-on-1 between the two would be serious carnage.

I for one am hopeful for the future on relations between my allies improving.

I have said on multiple occasions that 1 v 1 Valhalla and MK would be an epic fight to watch.

If polar's govt at the time had a past tendency to hold revenge high on their lists and issue crazy terms, you might have a point.

Wait, what? Are we talking about the same alliance?

Weren't you in an alliance that was forced to disband?

Goodness, I need a shovel and a truck. I struck the hypocrisy gold mine.

Again, folks, if you wanted harsher terms...well, you know what you should have done. Unfortunately, you didn't. We did.

My comments are based on my experience. Wherein I and my alliance mates were trolled extensively by noWedge and Valhalla, even in our own chan and a few PMs. I saw no Valhallans stand up for us or show private support. I do recall plenty of his allies doing all they could to help us. If Valhalla didn't like what was happening, they didn't show us a damn bit of it.

...and we as an alliance have moved far beyond what we were under nW, Campbell.

I would think that our relationships with former enemies would help attest to that. I guess not though. That would require actually thinking and having an open mind, where blind hatred rules the day in some quarters.

Tyga if that had actually worked, there would be no Karma.

Statements under duress mean exactly nothing. It is a tool of humiliation, which only ensures a long-term bitterness and hatred. This war more than any other is a lesson that past contents of instruments only provided short-term gains and long-term losses.

After all of the humiliation they heaped upon people, they deserve some in return.

Valhalla has been given terms here that they would likely never have considered offering to others. They’ve been given leniency that they’ve done nothing to deserve. It seems likely that they will take advantage of this opportunity to further extort and oppress when they’ve recovered. Their current administration has done a lot of bad things and shown not a glimmer of remorse.

I, for one, am willing to wait until they spit on the trust and mercy they’ve been given here before I cast my next judgment on them. Today, the peace terms have been signed and no amount of outrage can change them. There is no such thing as a perfect victory, and nobody will ever be fully satisfied. Right now there are two options available to us: to kick a fallen foe and parade their past mistakes before them, or to give them opportunity for improvement. The former does no good for anyone. It will help them fall back into their old rut and reinforce who their enemies are. The latter at least offers a possibility of something different and something better.

Valhalla: people are mad at you for a reason. They aren’t yelling here just because it’s popular. You’ve pulled a lot of jerk moves, and it’s not all noWedge’s fault. An uncoerced and sincere apology might do you some good.

...and we as an alliance have moved far beyond what we were under nW, Campbell.

I would think that our relationships with former enemies would help attest to that. I guess not though. That would require actually thinking and having an open mind, where blind hatred rules the day in some quarters.

Because your actions have been blindingly just since then as well.

I don't hold the same feelings for you as I do for noWedge, or his Valhalla. However, I won't forget those times or what you've done since. Maybe you will change. Maybe you have. I have seen no proof. When I do I will rescind my statements. I think you should have been punished though. Pure and simple.

I am really really REALLY not a big fan of all this giving 1V and tC white peace !@#$. I sincerely hope that this comes back to bite all of you in the $@!. Idiots.

Oh, it will. But not biting them on the arse. It'll bite others on the arse, which is why they don't care.

The value of technology that was extorted from MK after the last war was 123 billion dollars. What I meant to say was that the point of reps was to help the victor rebuild. Only a fool would assume I meant any differently.

That's an awful lot of inflation there, Mr. Mathematician.