Re: Valhalla

Valhalla has been defeated and destroyed, they will never do anything bad ever again, they are completely CRUSHED mentally and emotionally.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

weak.

Only Lucas Perry and a few less active members actually succumbed to bill lock. :D

Oh so you just couldn't bear to lose anymore pixels? The second post made it seem like Valhalla was financially unable to fight any further. Glad to see that you could prove to us what a bunch of infra hugging hippies you really are.

And maybe we can all start @#$%ing candy and shooting rainbows out of our eyes.

Valhalla have been knocked down, but they haven't been defeated. If they have the internal self-discipline to rebound in the post-war period then make no mistake. They will be back and I'd bet a fortune that the people who chose to give them such light terms are going to get a one way trip through the meat grinder.

Yes they will be back, just like Polaris was back. Did we change? I think so, don't you FF. It may well be prudent to at least give Valhalla chance to change before asserting they can not. The beauty of the situation is if they don't, you can roll all over again. Karma holds the upper hand right now and simple terms will ensure they will hold it for a while to come. Blind as bats some of you.

:rolleyes: Then impose your own terms. The idiocy of being harsh to someone who was harsh to you...

Everybody was nice to NPO the first time around and look where that got them. Besides, its in their motto; What goes around comes around. However I don't see the Karma coalition sticking to that main principle.

Edited by Emperor Marx

Yes they will be back, just like Polaris was back. Did we change? I think so, don't you FF. It may well be prudent to at least give Valhalla chance to change before asserting they can not. The beauty of the situation is if they don't, you can roll all over again. Karma holds the upper hand right now and simple terms will ensure they will hold it for a while to come. Blind as bats some of you.

Great post. Very well spoken, AlmightyGrub.

A Humbled Valhalla is a greater victory for you Airme than an extorted apology which both sides know means jack. Accept your greater victory over the lesser one.

Surprisingly this is true...

We at the NPO never forgave you guys for making Ivan apologize. Was a rallying point.

AirMe.

...What can I say? At least you didnt experience the shame and rage of being forced from your home, only to return it being destroyed and !@#$ upon by those who forced you out.

But the indignation you feel at this leniency...I can sympathize.

Just hold out hope for the Pacifican terms. Like I do.

A Humbled Valhalla is a greater victory for you Airme than an extorted apology which both sides know means jack. Accept your greater victory over the lesser one.

A humbled valhalla? How long does that term last?

I love the talk from Levi about what a stoic til-death-do-us-part ally Valhalla is.

Do you people seriously think everyone just forgot what you did?

You know heres the funny thing about that. The ones who are important now the truth. You dont hear IRON ML or TORN spatting this line do you

And maybe we can all start @#$%ing candy and shooting rainbows out of our eyes.

Valhalla have been knocked down, but they haven't been defeated. If they have the internal self-discipline to rebound in the post-war period then make no mistake. They will be back and I'd bet a fortune that the people who chose to give them such light terms are going to get a one way trip through the meat grinder.

well all i can say is that i believe you are completely wrong. Since im on the inside here i have a pretty good chance at proving it as well.

Everybody was nice to NPO the first time around and look where that got them. Besides, its in their motto; What goes around comes around. However I don't see the Karma coalition sticking to that main principle.

There is one difference: Valhalla is no longer part of a large power structure that can do as they please.

Oh so you just couldn't bear to lose anymore pixels? The second post made it seem like Valhalla was financially unable to fight any further. Glad to see that you could prove to us what a bunch of infra hugging hippies you really are.

In order to actively defend our selves or another allince, we'd need the capability to actually declare war.

It's not about money, it's about numbers. 6 alliances can roll in and out of war slots, making sure Valhalla is in perpetual anarchy. Simple really.

lol, did you forget what members of valhalla (read: ChairmanHal) put your allies through? What about the multiple alliances Valhalla screwed over? The long running tyranny valhalla has supported in NPO with their money and their guns.

These terms are a slap in the face to anyone who has been hurt by valhalla

Indeed. What was the point of leading your membership to fight against them if you just let your enemies go for no reason? Valhalla should be offering something to their former opposition for being so magnanimous.

I wonder if these lenient terms will rub off on Valhalla when roles are reversed sometime down the track. It certainly didn't last time they got a free pass.

Fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again. :awesome:

The damage caused to them, in addition to the "no outside aid" clause, is more than enough if equated to "reps".

I shall extract reps from them via tech deals! :awesome:

Valhalla didn't think so last year or for the past 18 months to be honest.

You know heres the funny thing about that. The ones who are important now the truth. You dont hear IRON ML or TORN spatting this line do you

Try as you might, there is no way to spin surrendering before all of your allies to your favor. You gave up and abandoned them on the battlefield despite what they may or may not say, and that sir is cowardly.

Did polar change because of the war or because of the leadership change before it? You know as well as most of us here that the political will has already been exhausted, another huge rally against the "hegemony" will probably take a lot longer while more alliances are possibly attacked for no reason. However you're correct that the simple terms will gain them lots of trust and good will from valhalla, and I truly wonder if they'll come out the better for it after having gone round for round and making friends with some really good people.

Suspending Article IV of Poseidon has me a bit concerned. Seriously, if some random dingbat bloc attacks us, Valhalla can't jump in with the rest of the sphere to help us? I can understand the rationale for preventing the other way around, but this strikes me as a potentially intended effort to diminish Purple Sphere cohesion.

Aside from that, glad to see Valhalla complete their war duties. Best wishes with the rebuilding, and your Purple neighbors will be glad to help however possible.

I was a part of Valhalla at the time, I specifically remember the leadership and some of the base membership laughing at MK in their predicament. Nobody voiced any opposition.

I highly doubt that you were even aware of the situation I am referring to. This was not something that the general membership ever even knew about. It happened soon after I was first elected Marshal and the few people that knew about it agreed that it was further proof of noWedge's instability.

OOC: If you are noWedge you are lying, if you aren't noWedge you are making stuff up.

Indeed. What was the point of leading your membership to fight against them if you just let your enemies go for no reason? Valhalla should be offering something to their former opposition for being so magnanimous.

Letting our enemies go?

I'm sorry, but mosey on and look at Valhalla stats before the war. Then, after you've done that, review their stats now.

I want you to find the difference.

Then find the cost of the damage.

I think you will realize they have already paid their reps.

It is easy for you to say what you said because as I have previously stated, they weren't trying to roll you at every opportunity.

You act as if I have never fought Valhalla or that I didn't throw my nation away and forfeit the right to join pretty much any sanctioned alliance in Planet Bob and pay more tech in reps than my close to ZId nation had in order to defend the injustices that you are now speaking against or that I didn't join your alliance in an attempt to continue the fight when I no longer felt comfortable flying the Vox banner. This is not my first war with Valhalla and it may not be my last but they took their beating and I don't want blood money or worthless forced apologies.

lol, did you forget what members of valhalla (read: ChairmanHal) put your allies through? What about the multiple alliances Valhalla screwed over? The long running tyranny valhalla has supported in NPO with their money and their guns.

These terms are a slap in the face to anyone who has been hurt by valhalla

I know what Hal did and it has nothing to do with this war, I have been hurt by Valhalla in the past and I don't feel I slapped myself in the face.

Their standard is theirs, my standard is mine and I will not lower mine because they have done nad things in the past.

In order to actively defend our selves or another allince, we'd need the capability to actually declare war.

It's not about money, it's about numbers. 6 alliances can roll in and out of war slots, making sure Valhalla is in perpetual anarchy. Simple really.

I don't think you will be doing much defending at all without those treaties you just lost. You may want to try another approach.

Edited by lcdt94