A Message from the Grand Global Alliance

Because it's the Cole Train, Baby! Nothing can stop the Cole Train!

Plus anything intelligent spoken will still be derided, mocked and flamed. So instead of wasting my time, I'm going to play the court jester because it makes me lol.

'Tis better to let everyone think you're a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

After all the recommendations for OWF-blackout, you come out with a clown act, not only making us laugh at you harder, but now I'm laughing at all your friends who came in here earlier with "they dont deserve this". You're !@#$ting on your own crew, as small as it may be.

Edited by hizzy

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Karma.

She's a !@#$%*.

edit: referring to karma, not Litha Riddle... if Litha is even a girl... I don't know. There's a girl in TFD who goes by "Riddle" so maybe I just naturally associate that name to a female... although Litha doesn't sound like a guy name... but then again it's a (ooc) user name (/ooc) so gender isn't exactly clear. I remember I used to think the other Riddle was a guy for the longest time till I was corrected on that, so who knows, maybe my original assumption that Riddle is a male name could still hold true? I don't know. But this keeps me up at night.

Edited by hizzy

Because it's the Cole Train, Baby! Nothing can stop the Cole Train!

Plus anything intelligent spoken will still be derided, mocked and flamed. So instead of wasting my time, I'm going to play the court jester because it makes me lol.

I remember a time when DerekJones as triumvir was doing PR-repair and battling the forces of Vox via intelligent, rational arguments. Guess what happened? There were a smattering of "lolgga" but for the most part Derek's intelligent debate made PB actually respond to his argument rather than simply trolling him. When you, and what's left of your government, attempts rational discussion perhaps you will break the cycle of idiocy that has plagued GGA for the past six months.

"I knew Derek Jones. Derek Jones was a friend of mine. You sir are no Derek Jones."

What I see is a mob acting like the crass vultures that they are. Its a shame really, some of the alliances I used to consider having some class are behaving like beasts in this situation.

So its an alliance you don't like, sometimes showing class and honour to your enemies is harder than showing it to friends. What you and the rest of the mob is doing, is showing how quickly a population can go from humanity to the gleeful ignorance of monsters.

You may be finding lulz at the idea of an alliance on the verge of breakdown, but I find the idea of a community being ripped apart abhorant. I didn't like it when it happened to VE, and I don't like it happening to GGA. I believe that any community in strife deserves some compassion.

But of course don't let me ruin the fun for you, I just wonder how you'd have liked it when your alliance and its community was ripped apart.

And this mob is the same one that claims to be so righteous and honour bound, irony tis of thee.

Once again GGA, best of luck in overcoming these problems.

Hey, Litha? Before you criticize you might want to make sure it's something your own alliance hasn't done (or orchestrated) about a thousand times going all the way back to the Polar Wars. How many communities has NPO utterly destroyed? Quite a few. See, most of us have absolutely no pity for GGA and we'll have no pity for NPO when the time comes. You reap what you sow.

Get some class and pick on an alliance that can fight back.

You do realize that a lot of the people picking on GGA are in alliances that are half the size of GGA or less? It's a harsh world and GGA has earned what they are getting now, as well as what they are about to get.

Hey DerekJones, electron_sponge@newpacificorder.net. Holla.

I can't think of anything original to say to GGA here, so I'm just going to go with a few quotes from previous posters, that I think sum up this thread, and indeed, the state of GGA today.

Oh GGA, you're just the gift that keeps on giving.
The fail is strong with GGA.
Ochocinco... now more than ever before.
Karma.
Edited by Arrnea

Hey, Litha? Before you criticize you might want to make sure it's something your own alliance hasn't done (or orchestrated) about a thousand times going all the way back to the Polar Wars. How many communities has NPO Electron Sponge utterly destroyed? Quite a few. See, most of us have absolutely no pity for GGA and we'll have no pity for NPO when the time comes. You reap what you sow.

I am quite certain that you have approved and actively supported most of these wars. And oh well, there is still CIN and m who you forced to disband. You are the last one who should complain about that.

http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/NpO-CIN_War

Edited by Baden-Württemberg

I am quite certain that you have approved and actively supported most of these wars. And oh well, there is still CIN and m who you forced to disband and no one else.

Yep, and when NpO got knocked, everyone was giving them a hard time as well. Hell, some of you guys still follow him around like lost puppies to remind him what he did a year and a half ago. All in all, what goes around comes around.

Thanks for coming out, Sam.

Yep, and when NpO got knocked, everyone was giving them a hard time as well. Hell, some of you guys still follow him around like lost puppies to remind him what he did a year and a half ago. All in all, what goes around comes around.

Thanks for coming out, Sam.

At least you finally admit that the war was justified.

Having been in .gov before, I can honestly say there are times where it feels like all hell is about to break loose and you make rash decisions without fully realizing the impact of them. This job can be stressful and when we don't take the appropriate amount of time for sober second thought then it can lead to threads like these.

The problem, as I see it, is not that GGA posted this thread, but that they truly believe that they are acting in the best interest of their alliance. A number of people (almost everyone, in fact) is imploring GGA to find help. Clearly the people running the show are no longer qualified to do so, and it speaks volumes about how much they really care about their alliance by refusing to seek help. To those who have said that the "trolls" here are acting with a "mob mentality," well, that may be true. But a "mob mentality" doesn't automatically make something a bad idea. It may mean that what's being suggested is such a good idea that everyone gets on board with it. I would say that GGA would do well to listen to public opinion (in this specific instance).

GGA, for your own survival, you have to see that the ideas suggested in this thread, such as FA coaches, a viceroy, a change in leadership, can actually be a very good thing.

I would never abuse allies in any back rooms, because in my book allies are allies for a reason (namely, mutual friendship and respect) but I'm not surprised that the GGA has apparently got into bed in public with alliances it didn't really like in private just for a bit of protection and power. It's a way of conducting yourself that I don't agree with, but it's their alliance and their private channels and they can do what they want. They can reap the rewards in the good times: power and status off the backs of others, and they can take the consequences in the bad times: ridicule and anger when the lie comes crashing down.

I am quite certain that you have approved and actively supported most of these wars. And oh well, there is still CIN and m who you forced to disband. You are the last one who should complain about that.

I see what you did.....clever, but for you, exceedingly well done. Have a cookie. But yes, you can spin the Sponge is the bad guy bottle all you want, but it still doesn't absolve you or any of your buddies of your sins. Try to deflect it if you want, but you're not taking any of our attentions away from the truth.

I know I've said this before and I'll say this again. Sponge ain't perfect, and he has been a dick several times in the past. However, overall you and yours have committed far fewer offenses and far graver than Sponge has or ever will. Despite how much you want to spin otherwise. Come to think of it, the same can be said of FAN. Not saying they were perfect, far from, but all of their crimes were supported, encouraged, and facilitated by the very same power superstructure that eventually persecuted them for it. Really, FAN only ever played a supporting role to the bigger fish.

While I doubt that anyone who is even moderately educated about the history of Planet Bob would disagree that Electron Sponge does not have an innocent past, there is a large and fundamental difference here. Sponge changed. Rather than participating in the status quo, he now actively fights against it every day.

GGA is so caught up in the status quo that they have ceased to be their own alliance. They're so weak that they've actually released a pre-emptive apology to The Powers That Be because they are terrified that their friends won't like them anymore because they may have dared to speak their opinions behind their own closed doors. They don't even appear to realize that there's a whole big world out from under the protective wings of their friends. They've stayed the same for so long that they appear to be completely unaware of the way the world actually works.

Your half-hearted attempt to discredit Sponge fails.

Either way, DJ, never did like you. You constantly play to the crowd. When GGA was on top you supported them, when they're down you kick dirt on them. Am I the only one who can see through all these masks? Am I the only one who's even normal anymore?

I supported them through thick and thin because that was my job as a Triumvir, and because I supported my alliance. I even tried to come back last week to lend my assistance, but I was put on the target list for "ghosting" and blamed for three separate coup attempts. Once I was villainized within my own former alliance and began defending myself and my friends who were also put on target list/PZI lists, all this broke out. It's incredibly unfortunate that this has happened, but it got escalated this far.

As for dumping that entire log or just flat out giving it to someone like Doitzel, I'd never do that. [OOC]There's very sensitive OOC information contained, such as phone numbers and RL information about anyone who's been in there the last year. If I was ever seriously contemplating going to that log and leaking juicy details, I'd have to go locate a 25 MB text file off that computer, which is six hours away from me for the next month, and I'd have to take the time to screen for the relevant information, which, anyone who's ever been in an upper government channel knows, is about 90 percent fooling around. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want to spend that much time on this :P [/OOC]

CIN, yep. Forced them to disband 3 months to the day after my former regent attempted to pull the same nonsense you pulled with MCXA. Unlike Fresh and Gopher, I had the guts to go after them and take them down. We never had another problem with bloodsucking separatists like yourself.

\m/ I didn't force to disband. I don't know how many times I can repeat myself on this point. In fact I just posted on this yesterday so I'll just quote what I said.

Yeah it's a shame the war ended because Bilrow threw down the OOC card. I didn't want it to end. That is why I gave \m/ and Genmay those terrible terms. I wanted to fight those mother$%&@ers until there was no fighting left in them. It's a shame they gave up.

First against the wall, Sam. First against the wall.

Anyway, we were talking about GGA am I right?

At least you finally admit that the war was justified.

Have I really?

You had your reasons to go to war (mostly bandwagoning and whatnot), but I never cared about them. I simply called you for what you were. In case you forgot, I think I used the term "opportunistic" back then. Other's felt we were a threat, well I can't exactly argue against someone's feelings can I?

If you want to try to play moral police about "justification", you might want to consider how other leaders in your coalition feel today about the moves they made against Polaris back in august. You might also want to find out what they thought of your involvement in it :) Don't take my word for it.

However, to steer this back on topic (cause I would HATE to ruin such a goldmine), GGA made a habit of flexing it's allies' muscle, and this has gotten them where they are now; completely inept. It's like their ability to maintain themselves has atrophied after such a long period of misuse.

I see what you did.....clever, but for you, exceedingly well done. Have a cookie. But yes, you can spin the Sponge is the bad guy bottle all you want, but it still doesn't absolve you or any of your buddies of your sins. Try to deflect it if you want, but you're not taking any of our attentions away from the truth.

I know I've said this before and I'll say this again. Sponge ain't perfect, and he has been a dick several times in the past. However, overall you and yours have committed far fewer offenses and far graver than Sponge has or ever will. Despite how much you want to spin otherwise. Come to think of it, the same can be said of FAN. Not saying they were perfect, far from, but all of their crimes were supported, encouraged, and facilitated by the very same power superstructure that eventually persecuted them for it. Really, FAN only ever played a supporting role to the bigger fish.

That is a lot of text without useful content.

The truth is, that he is the last one who can complain about others destroying communities, because he has done that several times in the past. And if he still had the power, he'd continue to do so.

The only problem is that the evil means has removed him from the "red button", and poor Spongebob cannot play with his 600 toys anymore, which makes him very sad and desperate.

BTW, I am pointing out that Sponge is a hypocrite before Slayer even opened the thread. I deserve a ribbon.

First against the wall, Sam. First against the wall.

Of course you never forced m to disband, that is also why you rolled potential reroll alliances.

And don't worry, your first against the wall threats aren't really impressive.

My last post, I don't want to ruin hizzy's gold mine.

I don't really know what to say about this...those logs you supplied sure do look like a joke. I make jokes like that all the time, and they've yet to warrant this sort of response. Then again, I've never been fortunate enough to be a GGA member. :awesome:

I know little about the GGA but I have the impression that they have a nice internal community, with their liking for "chivalry", awards etc. I'd be sad to see all of that disappear: good luck, GGA (don't rely on luck only, anyway!)

Yeah it's a shame the war ended because Bilrow threw down the OOC card. I didn't want it to end. That is why I gave \m/ and Genmay those terrible terms. I wanted to fight those mother$%&@ers until there was no fighting left in them. It's a shame they gave up.

This is quite hard to believe. Maybe the "I changed" card would be better (or even the "no comment" one? One might consider it.)

Coming out ahead of any misinterpreted logs seems to me like throwing the first punch. The "Usual Suspects" will come out anyway to troll the GGA regardless.

no in a thread like this who needs Trolls...... Sorry GGA but this was bad form on your part.....Maybe next time you will think before inserting foot in mouth....a pre apology was not the smartest thing to do.

That is a lot of text without useful content.

The truth is, that he is the last one who can complain about others destroying communities, because he has done that several times in the past. And if he still had the power, he'd continue to do so.

The only problem is that the evil means has removed him from the "red button", and poor Spongebob cannot play with his 600 toys anymore, which makes him very sad and desperate.

BTW, I am pointing out that Sponge is a hypocrite before Slayer even opened the thread. I deserve a ribbon.

Sponge had quite a few disagreements with the hegemony long before they ever turned on him. Why do you think they took such painstaking efforts to toss him out? He thought for himself, that's why, and didn't get along with the little ruling cabal. As for your great character reveal of Sponge, I never saw any of this until after you were given your thirty pieces of silver.

Anyway, I'm with Hizzy here. No reason for this topic to digress any further (as fascinating as taking about Sponge may be).

If I recall correctly, and I do, someone said awhile back that there are pieces of government logs (any government log that is) that no one would ever want seen. I have to disagree. Certainly there are some things that can make a few people look like jerks, but nothing too terrible. Nothing worth a preemptive PR move. Let's look at the possible things in a government log, shall we?

Plotting. Dastardly plotting. You hate X alliance, and have come up with a cunning plan to manufacture a CB on them. The deed gets done despite much public outcry. People already thought the CB was a stretch, and possibly even fabricated. Now it has been threatened by someone to release logs. What could the ignorant public possibly learn that they already don't know? People know the CB was crud, and that it was simply meant to conceal a giant tech raid. By this point, and the war was almost a year ago, something is already suspected and taken as truth by most. You'd simply be confirming what they already knew. Not as bad as it sounds.

Trash talking. You don't like X alliance. You bash them all the time. If you bash them in public what the big deal? But ah, they're your ally so you don't. Well, you know what, had you never allied to them with them you wouldn't have had this problem. Instead you just try to smile and cover up your undying hatred for these people. You built a relationship on a great big lie then. Did you really expect it to ever last?

Honestly not much else in a government log that I believe you would fear being leaked. These are the only two things that could potentially harm inter-alliance relationships, and this is only because everything you have ever done is based on your own dishonesty. Say what you mean and act honorably and honestly and you will never have to fear the truth coming out. I hate to say this (no I don't), but you have done this to yourself.

I have to be honest, we've been trying this "going green" thing for power and the constant bad weather has made solar power a bit of a crap shoot. So what we do is post these OWF threads to generate heat from the flames of the trolls to heat our houses on the cheap!

Take that, overpriced utilities! :awesome:

Holy crap! A GGA member with a sense of humour. Why didn't you let your tri know that what DJ said was a joke before they posted this thread so clearly unaware of that?

Really, alliance Govts should not have private channels, they should not have pass codes and all government discussion should be done publicly.

If your alliance is doing the above, feel free to criticise GGA for 'incriminating logs'.