A Message from the Grand Global Alliance

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I forgot that not wanting to be allies with NPO and seeking other friends is a crime in the Grand Global Alliance. Kinda funny how I am suddenly an "enemy organization"

Would you stop trying to make strawman arguments out of my statements. I was contrasting your statement regarding GGA being hypocritical for being upset at the threat of a former gov member giving logs to an enemy force (vox, not you) and how that situation is vastly different from giving logs to an MADP partner's leader on situations involving their treaty.

Sorry, I forgot that not wanting to be allies with NPO and seeking other friends is a crime in the Grand Global Alliance. Kinda funny how I am suddenly an "enemy organization"

Pretty sure he was talking about the difference between NPO and Vox.

He has no reason to hold back his rant if he does not feel he needs to.

We do not censor our members opinions.

Good for you, not sure why you felt the need to proclaim you don't censor your members. I'm quite sure he doesn't feel the need to, which is why his statement was ironic :)

I'm trying to figure out what these degrees are in. Obviously you have no PR grads, otherwise they should be an automatic Tri. No Comm majors either. I can't think you guys have Accounting, Business, or Engineering majors, due to your lack of nation building skills. The only thing I can think of is that you are an alliance full of English majors, for your writing is well done, but you are useless for just about everything else. As a popular song said, "What can you do with a BA in English?" The answer... well, one of them anyways, is not run an alliance and not become the laughing stock of a planet.

Our popular status as an alliance of 200 ghosts and 7 posters, or whatever the cliche is, infers most of us spend our time contributing to society. But that is beside the point. There is no need to engage in a further flamefest down this avenue.

Would you stop trying to make strawman arguments out of my statements. I was contrasting your statement regarding GGA being hypocritical for being upset at the threat of a former gov member giving logs to an enemy force (vox, not you) and how that situation is vastly different from giving logs to an MADP partner's leader on situations involving their treaty.

In that case allow me;

GGA log dumped a conversation involving someone they perceived to be an "enemy" (or at the very least, unfriendly) to someone who they considered a friend.

DJ threatened to log dump a conversation someone who he perceived to be an "enemy" (or at the very least, unfriendly) to someone who he considered a friend.

Therefor, your argument is a load, and GGA is hypocritical.

I think the GGA needs to concentrate on the main catch and not go try to silence every barking dog. That main catch is restoring some sense of stability within GGA before GGA implodes. All the OP did was add more fuel to the de-stabilization rumors. They need to deal with this privately.

Our popular status as an alliance of 200 ghosts and 7 posters, or whatever the cliche is, infers most of us spend our time contributing to society. But that is beside the point. There is no need to engage in a further flamefest down this avenue.

Why is it that its usually GGA posters that fall back on the "Well I dont play cause Im banging my wife and doing real !@#$" argument? I dont see how posting a little bit on these boards every day makes anyone else any less of a "contribution to society." Shameful argument.

WildeKaard goes to check the MDP webs...

Yeeeah Shane I would say that doing that would not serve the best interests of the GGA at this time. Thanks for the public clarification.

I would say there is a significant difference between "log dumping" to a MADP partner leader verse to an enemy organization actively attempting to do as much damage as possible.

There is no difference. Moo did harm to GGA by getting involved in its affairs.

Just look at was degen did to GGA. An 80 page thread, full of mockery. Never before has ANY alliance seen such hate. Not Legion, not GATO, not GOONS, not FAN, not anyone.

Besides, you can't say "Oh, it's okay because we're friends." Secrets are secrets. It matters not.

Or it could just mean that you have an alliance of, you know, 200 ghosts and 7 posters. I mean, I know many of my alliance-mates are active, contributing members of society and we still all are able to remain active. But hey, I guess the truth hurts, so call it a flame if you want. Hard to be a flame if it's true though.

OOC: man, I haven't seen the "If you're better at the game than me you must be worse at real life" argument used in such a long time.

Usually it's by people on their way out after being sent to ZI, though. Close enough, I guess.

Come on... I mean seriously... not this time. Usually, yeah you could claim that but this is just what happens when you... do something like this...

What I see is a mob acting like the crass vultures that they are. Its a shame really, some of the alliances I used to consider having some class are behaving like beasts in this situation.

So its an alliance you don't like, sometimes showing class and honour to your enemies is harder than showing it to friends. What you and the rest of the mob is doing, is showing how quickly a population can go from humanity to the gleeful ignorance of monsters.

You may be finding lulz at the idea of an alliance on the verge of breakdown, but I find the idea of a community being ripped apart abhorant. I didn't like it when it happened to VE, and I don't like it happening to GGA. I believe that any community in strife deserves some compassion.

But of course don't let me ruin the fun for you, I just wonder how you'd have liked it when your alliance and its community was ripped apart.

And this mob is the same one that claims to be so righteous and honour bound, irony tis of thee.

Once again GGA, best of luck in overcoming these problems.

Why is it that its usually GGA posters that fall back on the "Well I dont play cause Im banging my wife and doing real !@#$" argument? I dont see how posting a little bit on these boards every day makes anyone else any less of a "contribution to society." Shameful argument.

I never stated anyone here makes any less of a contribution to society, you assume that yourself. I was merely pointing out the glut of Comm majors having difficulties finding gainful employment atm. ^_^

At least GGA prove they're real men. :awesome:

WildeKaard goes to check the MDP webs...

Yeeeah Shane I would say that doing that would not serve the best interests of the GGA at this time. Thanks for the public clarification.

Uh huh....I am gonna be nice, cause I like you. You don't know the half of it. Ask your leaders how many times we have had to not take action for issues because it would not benefit NPO politically. See if they have the guts to show you.

What I see is a mob acting like the crass vultures that they are. Its a shame really, some of the alliances I used to consider having some class are behaving like beasts in this situation.

So its an alliance you don't like, sometimes showing class and honour to your enemies is harder than showing it to friends. What you and the rest of the mob is doing, is showing how quickly a population can go from humanity to the gleeful ignorance of monsters.

You may be finding lulz at the idea of an alliance on the verge of breakdown, but I find the idea of a community being ripped apart abhorant. I didn't like it when it happened to VE, and I don't like it happening to GGA. I believe that any community in strife deserves some compassion.

But of course don't let me ruin the fun for you, I just wonder how you'd have liked it when your alliance and its community was ripped apart.

And this mob is the same one that claims to be so righteous and honour bound, irony tis of thee.

It's like the WUT days with GATO and Legion all over again huh?

Come off your high horse. When you all were winning the PR war, you did the exact same thing, and you even did it with joy in your hearts.

Man you make a lot of assumptions. First off, if you knew me, you'd know I dont follow the "mob." I think for myself, post as I see it, and take shots where I feel they need to go. Maybe if GGA didnt spend most of its existence making enemies amongst the "mob" though, it wouldn't get hit so hard when it makes such a massive, and public, PR failure. Seriously, you drop the ball like they continuously do, and spend your time making enemies, you are gonna get crucified. Also, you question my honor and yet you probably know nothing of my history. Grab a book friend, you got a lot of learning to do.

EDIT: Great call on the GATO and Legion point. Remember when your alliance named GATO WAE in their hour of need? And then Legion too? Seriously, get over yourself.

Edited by Stumpy Jung Il

I never stated anyone here makes any less of a contribution to society, you assume that yourself. I was merely pointing out the glut of Comm majors having difficulties finding gainful employment atm. ^_^

*SirMichaelHarland raises hand.

Comm major... not having any trouble... maybe those essential skills just aren't lacking on Bob anymore.

Don't worry, you won't.

Man you make a lot of assumptions. First off, if you knew me, you'd know I dont follow the "mob." I think for myself, post as I see it, and take shots where I feel they need to go. Maybe if GGA didnt spend most of its existence making enemies amongst the "mob" though, it wouldn't get hit so hard when it makes such a massive, and public, PR failure. Seriously, you drop the ball like they continuously do, and spend your time making enemies, you are gonna get crucified. Also, you question my honor and yet you probably know nothing of my history. Grab a book friend, you got a lot of learning to do.

EDIT: Great point on the GATO and Legion point. Remember when your alliance named GATO WAE in their hour of need? And then Legion too? Seriously, get over yourself.

I read your book.

It was terrible. Something about vampires not dying in the sun...or something. :awesome:

In that case allow me;

GGA log dumped a conversation involving someone they perceived to be an "enemy" (or at the very least, unfriendly) to someone who they considered a friend.

DJ threatened to log dump a conversation someone who he perceived to be an "enemy" (or at the very least, unfriendly) to someone who he considered a friend.

Therefor, your argument is a load, and GGA is hypocritical.

Once again that situation involved gga on gga internal matters, which is still vastly different from an external alliance member threatening log release to an enemy alliance.

However I'll go with your break down and if that is correct, I would like to know more about this DJ/elephant graveyard/vox relationship.

Edited by mhawk