A Message from the Grand Global Alliance

They kicked out DJ because he made a joke (in poor taste considering recent events) about releasing sensitive logs to Vox. So they're making a pre-emptive "WE MEANT IT THEN BUT NOT NOW PLEASE DON'T HATE US!!!" announcement.

Congratulations, GGphAil. Cut your losses and just steer clear of the OWF if you actually want any hope of regaining something that resembles that "Dignity" thing.

Actually, they put him on EZI for applying to get back in to the GGA. They didn't get the chance to kick him out. I know the mistakes are hard to keep track of. :P

Edited by Van Hoo III

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GGA I am really beginning to wonder if you have anyone left capable of conducting themselves on the Foreign Affairs side of the alliance, this announcement was a terrible decision on your part as you can see from the 10 pages of comments pretty much all negative towards you.

My recommendation to you is to either get someone who knows what they are doing to be your external face sort of the way Bilrow was for the longest time, or simple stop posting on the forums. It is only hurting your cause.

Now as far as the content itself, logs from any private government channel should always be respected as sacred and private and thus even if they are released should be dismissed as likely either Out of Context or simply cherry picked.

Anyways as far as you go Derek Jones thank you for taking the moral highroad and not releasing these logs. I know that when an alliance betrays you after you poured your heart and soul into her it's not easy to continue to be respectful.

So it was

CN(Without 1V) hates GGA

Now its CN (without IRON, NPO, MCXA, and Echleon) hates GGA?

Because obviously the GGA doesnt like its own gov and keeps pushing them away. I easily take that as a joke and i would be like "Dont Do eet!! We surrendar!" and then both of us would of lol'ed but no you kick someone out for joking? Thats kind of sad on your part.

GGA I am really beginning to wonder if you have anyone left capable of conducting themselves on the Foreign Affairs side of the alliance, this announcement was a terrible decision on your part as you can see from the 10 pages of comments pretty much all negative towards you.

I'm beginning to feel the same way, except for the internal affairs, economic, recruiting, military, and every other side in addition to foreign affairs. GGA, I'm going to take a line from Ochocinco's book and extend an offer to you. I can fix your alliance. I just need you to let me help you. I believe in me, and I think you should too.

Moo knows all and sees all :awesome:

Yeah if you were in GGA's private channels you would too right?

Also, GGA its bad how every time you make a thread, Its fails like... Horribley. I think you embarrass yourself and your allies more then you do anything, Atleast thats what youve done in 2009. Also isnt this the 4th or 5th tri in... 4 months?

GGA diplomacy maybe. If GGA partook in proper diplomatic maneuvering (ie. not antagonizing former members, threatening people, making internal workings public before they've even gone public) they would not be in this position nor posting this thread.

I just want to echo want my esteemed alliance mate has already said.

Once again that situation involved gga on gga internal matters, which is still vastly different from an external alliance member threatening log release to an enemy alliance.

However I'll go with your break down and if that is correct, I would like to know more about this DJ/elephant graveyard/vox relationship.

Since GGA is issuing a massive pre-emptive apology to their allies, then I think it's safe to assume that the logs DJ is talking about are not purely internal.

And whether it's an official relationship or not, DJ can have friends outside of GGA. Tough concept,I know.

Jeez, any and all GGA threads that are released nowadays get to double digit pages before I get a chance to take a look.

Anyways in regard to the OP, If you didn't want DJ angry at you, maybe you shouldn't have put him on the target list, disrespected him, and personally attacked/insulted him.

I mean who could've thought that a former Triumvir who had the GGA sanctioned and successful would get ticked at you for that? WHO COULD'VE THOUGHT?!

I have no idea why an alliance with so much talent in it (they really do have talent and good people....really!) makes big decisions like this.

Jeez, any and all GGA threads that are released nowadays get to double digit pages before I get a chance to take a look.

Anyways in regard to the OP, If you didn't want DJ angry at you, maybe you shouldn't have put him on the target list, disrespected him, and personally attacked/insulted him.

I mean who could've thought that a former Triumvir who had the GGA sanctioned and successful would get ticked at you for that? WHO COULD'VE THOUGHT?!

I have no idea why an alliance with so much talent in it (they really do have talent and good people....really!) makes big decisions like this.

Id like the GGA better if the "Former" part in "Former Triumvirate of GGA" was removed. Maybe he can set the GGA back on its right path, But its too late now. GGA is falling fast, The question is, Who or is anyone going to catch it?

I get the feeling that everything the GGA does gets blown way out of proportion because of their past failures. They have some issues with foreign affairs, but I don't see why they they're getting reamed over this. They were trying to apply what they learned from their past mistakes by trying to cover their arse before they got flamed to Hades and back. Even if this was a case of misunderstanding as to the nature of DJ's statement, I don't think they deserve the flaming right now that they are receiving.

I get the feeling that everything the GGA does gets blown way out of proportion because of their past failures. They have some issues with foreign affairs, but I don't see why they they're getting reamed over this. They were trying to apply what they learned from their past mistakes by trying to cover their arse before they got flamed to Hades and back. Even if this was a case of misunderstanding as to the nature of DJ's statement, I don't think they deserve the flaming right now that they are receiving.

I think their most obvious mistake was opening this up to discussion in the first place. It seems painfully obvious to most of us onlookers that a thread of this nature was bound to be blown out of proportion. All of the things in the OP could easily have been conveyed in private. It says to me that the GGA either does not understand how to properly deal with PR issues or they simply do not care, neither of which is a very good answer. Keeping a lower profile for a while would do them a lot of good.

Edited by Penguin

I think their most obvious mistake was opening this up to discussion in the first place. It seems painfully obvious to most of us onlookers that a thread of this nature was bound to be blown out of proportion. All of the things in the OP could easily have been conveyed in private. It says to me that the GGA either does not understand how to properly deal with PR issues or they simply do not care, neither of which is a very good answer. Keeping a lower profile for a while would do them a lot of good.

I think that the GGA gov thought it would have been easier to do it this way instead of contacting people privately. This decision has obviously come back to bite them though. I guess that this is just another thing that the GGA can learn from. I just wish people didn't just bandwagon onto the GGA hate. These threads are filled with tons of people who are kicking what used to be a great alliance that is down. I mean, Ochocinco has presented a great plan to reform and improve them. If the great minds of CN did the same, perhaps they will stop making these mistakes and become a reputable alliance again. But then again... this is CN. People won't listen to reason and will just continue to pick on the weak kid because they're easy to make fun of...

I think that the GGA gov thought it would have been easier to do it this way instead of contacting people privately. This decision has obviously come back to bite them though. I guess that this is just another thing that the GGA can learn from. I just wish people didn't just bandwagon onto the GGA hate. These threads are filled with tons of people who are kicking what used to be a great alliance that is down. I mean, Ochocinco has presented a great plan to reform and improve them. If the great minds of CN did the same, perhaps they will stop making these mistakes and become a reputable alliance again. But then again... this is CN. People won't listen to reason and will just continue to pick on the weak kid because they're easy to make fun of...

I'm glad you realized CN isn't all unicorns, muffins, and rainbows. :rolleyes: If an alliance makes a mistake ... again, and again, and again, people will call them out on it.

GGA, take a long hard look at the alliance you have become and seriously try not posting any announcements any time soon. You are now the joke of CN, you've given us some laughs, but try and fix yourselves up, eh?

Ya, ochocinco presented a great plan. How did GGA respond? "eat !@#$ and die," I believe it was. Unless that was about something else.

I've offered advice as well, so has AirMe in this thread, so have countless numbers of individuals. They don't deserve the effort anymore, it's easier to just laugh. Hell, I laughed before I even read the OP. Just seeing "A message from the GGA" on the list of threads made me chuckle.

By the way, that last sentence I bolded... I could have sworn you're talking about GGA there. Go check out the convo between DJ and scotchwithrocks. Something about DJ asking why SWR can't be diplomatic, and SWR's response being something along the lines of "you're unaligned, I don't need to be diplomatic with you". Seriously, they don't deserve it.

It's like the WUT days with GATO and Legion all over again huh?

Come off your high horse. When you all were winning the PR war, you did the exact same thing, and you even did it with joy in your hearts.

So, so true.

Hmm... Trying to refrain from being my more trolly self, it seems DJ was just joking or atleast when he said it he was only "contemplating" it at worst.

Yet if I were in his position and this thread were made about me, it would probably encourage me to send him those logs. o.O Meh, we'll see.

EDIT: You know that fleeting PR (or lack there of, as the case may be), did you think this thread would really help that situation? I mean really now.

Edited by JayOvfEnnay

Having had a former government member (OOC: Forum admin) attempt to use private conversations against us, I can somewhat sympathize with the troubles GGA is facing here. Being betrayed in this manner is never fun, and I'm sure most people here wouldn't find it such a joyous occasion if it happened to them.

However.

Being unable to reveal what exactly has been said, how much was said, how frequently it was said, to whom, and by whom, is rather troubling, and leads one to the impression that you have something incredibly inappropriate/hurtful to hide and feel sorry for. The fault lies with the people who have said it, not the person revealing it.

LoL

sorry gga you if you were going to post this thread u should of closed it as soon as u opened it

leaving it open will take you on a long trip to page 40 with nothing but loads of trolls and flammers

my recommendation is to close the thread

and forum silence

I can't say I'm surprised that scotchwithrocks was apparently missing from the short, reasonable convo in the OP logs. He probably would've started calling Sogna a traitor and whatever the hell "scooter" means for not going along with his powertrip against DJ. Seriously, his personality looks acidic enough to burn a hole through this monitor. Note how every person he's talked to in the logs so far is no longer a member of GGA.

Not going to comment on the potential Smokey logs.

No offense, GGA? But you guys have been such dicks lately, and were such dicks to derekjones, I don't know why you're posting this here, because you'll get no sympathy from 90% of PB.

I'd like to see the logs released, actually. They sound like fun if you're trying to pre-empt their release with some damage control.

What I see is a mob acting like the crass vultures that they are. Its a shame really, some of the alliances I used to consider having some class are behaving like beasts in this situation.

So its an alliance you don't like, sometimes showing class and honour to your enemies is harder than showing it to friends. What you and the rest of the mob is doing, is showing how quickly a population can go from humanity to the gleeful ignorance of monsters.

You may be finding lulz at the idea of an alliance on the verge of breakdown, but I find the idea of a community being ripped apart abhorant. I didn't like it when it happened to VE, and I don't like it happening to GGA. I believe that any community in strife deserves some compassion.

But of course don't let me ruin the fun for you, I just wonder how you'd have liked it when your alliance and its community was ripped apart.

And this mob is the same one that claims to be so righteous and honour bound, irony tis of thee.

Once again GGA, best of luck in overcoming these problems.

How many communities exactly has the NPO attempted to destroy? How many times has the GGA tagged along? They deserve everything they get and more, hopefully they will disband out of humiliation.