A Message from the Grand Global Alliance

I think any alliance would issue one of these if there was a serious situation where the logs from their gov channel from the past year or so were about to be released.

Pino read page 2 please.

Also more specifically DJ's post.

Hell, just read the post three above yours >_>

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if the logs are old, they would still add fuel to the fire and people will go after the GGA for what was said. Considering the past threads regarding GGA, this is a better move IMO. They could've kept quiet about what DJ said, but if he posted or sent the logs to someone, the backlash would be worse than if they made this thread. The GGA witchhunters would have a field day.

I don't think there actually are any witch hunters. They seem to like throwing themselves on the fire all by their lonesome.

While we at Elephant Graveyard (Derek's current alliance) can certainly understand your concern, we do not believe that he will be releasing your government channel's logs. In fact, we're approximately as unsupportive as is actually possible of that move. It would, frankly, be stupid. I must point out, however, that, in making this announcement, not only did you call excessive attention to what could have been a small semi-problem (not even a real issue, as logs were never released), but you also released the name of your government private channel on the OWF. >< Good luck!

I think any alliance would issue one of these if there was a serious situation where the logs from their gov channel from the past year or so were about to be released.

I really don't. Especially when the "threat" is so obviously a joke it actually makes this even more funny.

Otherwise, you just make everything worse.

Preemption happens in private channels. This was a bad move. I hope it doesn't get too ugly. You guys have had it rough enough. Good luck.

And where has it been stated that preemption is not happening in private channels as well? Covering all bases seems prudent.

Even if the logs are old, they would still add fuel to the fire and people will go after the GGA for what was said. Considering the past threads regarding GGA, this is a better move IMO. They could've kept quiet about what DJ said, but if he posted or sent the logs to someone, the backlash would be worse than if they made this thread. The GGA witchhunters would have a field day.

There's no witch hunters here, just a bunch of people making witty comments since GGA provides them with so much material.

And where has it been stated that preemption is not happening in private channels as well? Covering all bases seems prudent.

If it was covered there, this announcement would be pointless since DerekJones would have understood NOT to leak the logs.

I believe he meant it should only be addressed in private channels.

I think this calls for a Private Channels FTW

Just makes them seem like they are guilty of something. I see it as a joke, if he was serious, he wouldn't advocate his actions willingly. He'd do it secretly in my opinion.

But, if they did take it seriously..Eh..I can see their point, but still..Eh, good luck.

[ooc: Going to sleep with a naked midget, will be back tomorrow when this thread is 20 pages.]

Edited by Ejayrazz

[ooc: Going to sleep with a naked midget, will be back tomorrow when this thread is 20 pages.]

OOC: You lucky !@#$%^&.

IC: Just because you can do something publicly does NOT mean that you should.

What would have been prudent would've been taking DJ's concerns about the direction of GGA into consideration instead of dismissing them.

Why the hell would you apologize for anything that occurred in a private channel publicly, especially considering that the logs weren't released and that DJ releasing them wouldn't necessarily warrant an apology anyway.

Let people get offended before you apologize, otherwise it looks ten times worse.

What would have been prudent would've been taking DJ's concerns about the direction of GGA into consideration instead of dismissing them.

I've always respected DJ, but to threaten the release of private information, even if only doing so to try and prove some misconstrued point does not seem like an act of one that has the best interests of the alliance at heart. Even if those interests lie in a different direction than those he is trying to prove his point to.

Umm...In that context it looks like it was a joke...Not that he was threatening anything...

Like the logs he posted in an IRC chan today from a government channel.

DJ never intended to release any logs. He was trying to prove a point about your attitude towrds the whole subject. Not only is he right you guys actually give credence to what he is saying by putting this out there.

Just like the logs he posted in a IRC chan today from a government channel.

While we at Elephant Graveyard (Derek's current alliance) can certainly understand your concern, we do not believe that he will be releasing your government channel's logs. In fact, we're approximately as unsupportive as is actually possible of that move. It would, frankly, be stupid. I must point out, however, that, in making this announcement, not only did you call excessive attention to what could have been a small semi-problem (not even a real issue, as logs were never released), but you also released the name of your government private channel on the OWF. >< Good luck!

Just like the Logs from our government channel he posted in IRC today

If it was covered there, this announcement would be pointless since DerekJones would have understood NOT to leak the logs.

He has been asked to just let things go and not do this, but after the logs he has already posted today we felt there woudl be more to come. But he said he was jokeing about more logs being posted so we should take his word for that? I dont think so

Back by popular demand, a pre-emptive tl;dr for this fine GGA thread:

GGA: Hai guiz, ignore teh useless logs lol. Srsly though, we r super sawwy allies.

Us: lol wut?

GGA: CAUSE ITS GONNA BE A DUMP!

Us: That looks like a joke...

GGA: F U. SAWWY MAN. IGNORE THIS POST.

DJ: lulz

Us: lulz

GGA: ...

GGA: But... he... log dump?

DJ: Srsly?

GGA: No u

Us: No u

NPO: /me facepalms

GGA: I dont get it. *Insert lower level member saying something or another*

ironchef: JUST LIKE THE LOGS HE POSTED THE OTHER DAY?

DJ: wut?

Us: looooooooooooooool

DJ: Sum moar logz

Us: LOOOOOOOOOL.

TPF: THE PHOENIX HUN... wait wut?

GGA: Can I get like a lock or something? I dont get the joke.

Us: You are the joke.

Vox: No u

NPO: I hate my allies.

The end.

Also, WarriorConcept put me up to that, blame him.

Edited by Stumpy Jung Il

I've always respected DJ, but to threaten the release of private information, even if only doing so to try and prove some misconstrued point does not seem like an act of one that has the best interests of the alliance at heart. Even if those interests lie in a different direction than those he is trying to prove his point to.

You know damn well DJ would never do that man. I thought he made an excellent point. If what goes into the TWiP or Tattler has no bearing on what happens to GGA and it's reputation why not just give them everything. It's bad thinking that PR means nothing at this point and he called Soggy on it. He was trying to get you guys to see that.

What is worse is you guys come out here wrrying about what might come out and what it could do to GGA's rep. Do you not see why this is so foolish? C'mon for your own sake's don't go diregarding good advice and good leadership because you want to keep denying to yourself that GGA hasn't been in a little trouble lately. I don't see how you can even fool yourselves anymore.

Back by popular demand, a pre-emptive tl;dr for this fine GGA thread:

GGA: Hai guiz, ignore teh useless logs lol. Srsly though, we r super sawwy allies.

Us: lol wut?

GGA: CAUSE ITS GONNA BE A DUMP!

Us: That looks like a joke...

GGA: F U. SAWWY MAN. IGNORE THIS POST.

DJ: lulz

GGA: ...

GGA: But... he... log dump?

DJ: Srsly?

Us: No u

NPO: /me facepalms

GGA: I dont get it. *Insert lower level member saying something or another*

ironchef: JUST LIKE THE LOGS HE POSTED THE OTHER DAY?

DJ: wut?

Us: looooooooooooooool

DJ: Sum moar logz

Us: LOOOOOOOOOL.

TPF: THE PHOENIX HUN... wait wut?

GGA: Can I get like a lock or something? I dont get the joke.

Us: You are the joke.

Vox: No u

NPO: I hate my allies.

The end.

Also, WarriorConcept put me up to that, blame him.

God I love you...and you too WC <3