A Message from the Grand Global Alliance

OOC: man, I haven't seen the "If you're better at the game than me you must be worse at real life" argument used in such a long time.

Usually it's by people on their way out after being sent to ZI, though. Close enough, I guess.

I always thought GGA came after perma ZI, being reserved only for the players with the lowest IQ.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good for you, not sure why you felt the need to proclaim you don't censor your members. I'm quite sure he doesn't feel the need to, which is why his statement was ironic :)

Ironic choice of words considering the prior diatribe.

You alright?

You claimed Shane's quote was ironic due to his rant, and because his quote was pertaining to the right to remain silent, you were clearly inferring that he should be silent.

Therefore, I was letting you know that he should not be silent if he does not want to be, and there is nothing stopping him from speaking his piece...

WildeKaard goes to check the MDP webs...

Yeeeah Shane I would say that doing that would not serve the best interests of the GGA at this time. Thanks for the public clarification.

Well as far as GGA goes, I think if you guys do what you think are good ideas, such as this thread.

If you guys changed your ways and thought up some bad idea's such as leaving NPO's side, you might find they have the opposite effect of your good ideas.

Well as far as GGA goes, I think if you guys do what you think are good ideas, such as this thread.

If you guys changed your ways and thought up some bad idea's such as leaving NPO's side, you might find they have the opposite effect of your good ideas.

Err... QFT? Wut.

What I see is a mob acting like the crass vultures that they are. Its a shame really, some of the alliances I used to consider having some class are behaving like beasts in this situation.

So its an alliance you don't like, sometimes showing class and honour to your enemies is harder than showing it to friends. What you and the rest of the mob is doing, is showing how quickly a population can go from humanity to the gleeful ignorance of monsters.

You may be finding lulz at the idea of an alliance on the verge of breakdown, but I find the idea of a community being ripped apart abhorant. I didn't like it when it happened to VE, and I don't like it happening to GGA. I believe that any community in strife deserves some compassion.

But of course don't let me ruin the fun for you, I just wonder how you'd have liked it when your alliance and its community was ripped apart.

And this mob is the same one that claims to be so righteous and honour bound, irony tis of thee.

Once again GGA, best of luck in overcoming these problems.

I wasn't going to say anything more, but I did laugh when I saw you saying this. Considering that the NPO has played a major role in the dismantling of several communities (Viceroys in ONOS, Legion, GATO, etc. and wars waged until disbandment, or the issuing of extremely crippling terms, which in the case of TDSM8 - not that there are not others - for example, was a pushing factor in their deciding to disband) or facilitating the abilities of other alliances to dismantle communities (NPO's role in the Viridicide, although not major, was supporting and did allow GGA and GOONS to escape reprisal). Not that I am saying that other alliances don't or would not were they in power, but if this is something you are truly against then you may want to reconsider your current position.

Edited by Rebel Virginia

There is no difference. Moo did harm to GGA by getting involved in its affairs.

Just look at was degen did to GGA. An 80 page thread, full of mockery. Never before has ANY alliance seen such hate. Not Legion, not GATO, not GOONS, not FAN, not anyone.

Besides, you can't say "Oh, it's okay because we're friends." Secrets are secrets. It matters not.

The problem is you kind of put your sigs on a dotted line to share those types of secrets.

The problem is you kind of put your sigs on a dotted line to share those types of secrets.

The other problem is that one tri acted on his own, violating what an intelligence sharing pact really means, by violating his own alliance's sovereignty.

Edited by MegaAros

You alright?

You claimed Shane's quote was ironic due to his rant, and because his quote was pertaining to the right to remain silent, you were clearly inferring that he should be silent.

Therefore, I was letting you know that he should not be silent if he does not want to be, and there is nothing stopping him from speaking his piece...

I was not inferring anything other than it was ironic for him to criticize an alliance for not exercising it's right to silence, because they lack the wisdom to do so.

I was alluding that indeed nothing was stopping him, because that thing would be called class.

I was going to say anything more, but I did laugh when I saw you saying this. Considering that the NPO has played a major role in the dismantling of several communities (Viceroys in ONOS, Legion, GATO, etc. and wars waged until disbandment, or the issuing of extremely crippling terms, which in the case of TDSM8 - not that there are not others - for example, was a pushing factor in their deciding to disband) or facilitating the abilities of other alliances to dismantle communities (NPO's role in the Viridicide, although not major, was supporting and did allow GGA and GOONS to escape reprisal). Not that I am saying that other alliances don't or would not were they in power, but if this is something you are truly against then you may want to reconsider your current position.

Thank you RV. I appreciate the mention. Some people forget that actions taken by their governments destroyed other peoples homes.

Edited by Stumpy Jung Il

However I'll go with your break down and if that is correct, I would like to know more about this DJ/elephant graveyard/vox relationship.

Oh, you went there didn't you? You're implying that DJ/Elephant Graveyard are Vox cells. Okay.....

First of all, let me tell you that Derek Jones isn't working for Vox. I spoke with him a couple days ago and he's quite upset about the plight of the GGA. I mean, this is an alliance he put over a year into building, and now it is falling apart before his eyes. He tried to help them, and he's probably frustrated seeing that his warnings are falling on deaf ears.

As for the "threat." Complete and utter hogwash. He made no threat. It was a joke meant to get a point across. Anyone with a working head could see that. All that GGA has done here is prove to DJ (and the world) that GGA has gone off the deep end. Nothing but paranoia and petty grudges there anymore.

I was not inferring anything other than it was ironic for him to criticize an alliance for not exercising it's right to silence, because they lack the wisdom to do so.

I was alluding that indeed nothing was stopping him, because that thing would be called class.

Class would also entail not ejecting a former Tri, but rather, listening to him, and perhaps simply out voting him, or using legal means of keeping him down.

The other problem is that one tri acted on his own, violating what an intelligence sharing pact really means, by violating his own alliance's sovereignty.

I'd really like to hear this argument expanded. Feel free to pm me.

Oh, you went there didn't you? You're implying that DJ/Elephant Graveyard are Vox cells. Okay.....

First of all, let me tell you that Derek Jones isn't working for Vox. I spoke with him a couple days ago and he's quite upset about the plight of the GGA. I mean, this is an alliance he put over a year into building, and now it is falling apart before his eyes. He tried to help them, and he's probably frustrated seeing that his warnings are falling on deaf ears.

As for the "threat." Complete and utter hogwash. He made no threat. It was a joke meant to get a point across. Anyone with a working head could see that. All that GGA has done here is prove to DJ (and the world) that GGA has gone off the deep end. Nothing but paranoia and petty grudges there anymore.

I simply said I'd like to know more IF given hizzy's break down, which would be comparing an MADP friendship was the same nature as DJ's and vox's. I do not believe that to be the case and was why I made that distinction. From what I've seen logs regarding issues GGA considered sensitive were posted to vox. None of what was supplied to me has been posted in this thread. With that I'll let yall fling some poo around for 70 more pages. Have fun.

I simply said I'd like to know more IF given hizzy's break down, which would be comparing an MADP friendship was the same nature as DJ's and vox's. I do not believe that to be the case and was why I made that distinction. From what I've seen logs regarding issues GGA considered sensitive were posted to vox. None of what was supplied to me has been posted in this thread. With that I'll let yall fling some poo around for 70 more pages. Have fun.

Did you just completely ignore my point? Derek Jones was not going to leak logs. It was a rhetorical statement and nothing more. GGA is overreacting.

Despite the fact that my alliance is one of the two at the core of this issue, I'm finding it really sad how many good people who used to be in the GGA are posting here. So many former GGA members are posting in this thread as government members of successful alliances, founders of small ones, etc. GGA must have been doing something right to end up with alums like those. Now, all anybody sees is the negative side of things. While I do agree with the vast majority of this thread in saying that this is not what GGA should be doing, I do believe that they are salvagable. There is hope for the Grand Global Alliance. In the meanwhile, bashing tiny alliances' government members is not the way to go. :(

Despite the fact that my alliance is one of the two at the core of this issue, I'm finding it really sad how many good people who used to be in the GGA are posting here. So many former GGA members are posting in this thread as government members of successful alliances, founders of small ones, etc. GGA must have been doing something right to end up with alums like those. Now, all anybody sees is the negative side of things. While I do agree with the vast majority of this thread in saying that this is not what GGA should be doing, I do believe that they are salvagable. There is hope for the Grand Global Alliance. In the meanwhile, bashing tiny alliances' government members is not the way to go. :(

Or maybe it could be that GGA was doing something wrong to end up with alums like those. If they were doing something right I don't think they would have left, nor do I think they would be this critical of the GGA's current state of affairs.

Anyway, GGA should sincerely talk to Fark about what radio silence is and how to implement it.

God I'm drunk, how bad did the GGA fail this time? Can someone PM me what they did wrong?

They kicked out DJ because he made a joke (in poor taste considering recent events) about releasing sensitive logs to Vox. So they're making a pre-emptive "WE MEANT IT THEN BUT NOT NOW PLEASE DON'T HATE US!!!" announcement.

Congratulations, GGphAil. Cut your losses and just steer clear of the OWF if you actually want any hope of regaining something that resembles that "Dignity" thing.

Logically your statement can be taken otherwise.

However as to your second remark, if he was randomly posting defamatory things about a situation that was relatively normal and he knew nothing about, then yes there would be very little class involved. But that's not the case is it? This situation is far from normal, Shane has been privy to all the details, and has felt the impact of it much more then most. How is it classless for him to express outrage over a state of affairs this bizzar?

His statement is not lacking class, but passing judgment on it when you do not have the slightest idea what the viewpoint is from his shoes is.

...or you can just keep posting things because it seems to you like the type of comment you should say.

Edited by Il Impero Romano