Declaration of Intent, Structure and Presence

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In short, yes. The official start of the war which lead to the defeat of the NpO and many of her allies was started because an alliance, Hyperion, unknowingly accepted a member that was apparently on a few ZI lists.

You mean Hyperion unknowingly tech traded with someone on a few ZI lists.

Well this is a jaw dropper. Hell of a thing to come home to.

This alliance has more political clout than most of Planet Bob.

There's a little voice in the back of my head that wants me to join it.

What's the alliance's stance on following a person through re-rolls? Do you consider it a new IC nation? (new nation name, etc)

It is my opinion that if you must go to war with another nation then once that other nations has been soundly defeated that you do not place them on any permanent bombardment lists. I never advocated permanent destruction in any organization I led here and I never will. [ooc]This is just a game, you win some, you lose some. I think it is crappy to keep perma ZI lists. Some others play differently than I do and that is their perogative. For my part, I will not do that.[/ooc]

Hmm, well good luck Ivan. A lot of the concept is lost on me considering I've never watched Star Wars before...

Go watch it right now. You could have a sudden heart attack or an accident at any given time, and Star War is a must see for every person on this earth.

It is impossible to introduce into the cyberverse a greater change and greater evil than this: the conversion of law into the instrument of plunder.

What are the consequences of such perversion? In the first place, it erases from our consciences the distinction between justice and injustice between alliances. No alliance can exist unless the laws of the life, liberty, and property are respected to a certain degree - if not complete, then at least partial. The safest way to make laws respected is simply to make them respectable - New Sith Order is the means.

The nature of law is to maintain justice. This is so much the case that, in the minds of people, law and justice are one and the same thing and law is determined by the highest power. There is in all of us a strong disposition to believe that anything lawful is also legitimate. This belief is so widespread that many persons have erroneously held that things are 'just' simply because law makes them so. Thus, plunder may become sacred simply through law.

But here we are presented a third option to the choking treaty-web and to the stagnant rebellion of Vox Populi. I believe in a new way, one where the strength of an alliance will not be by its treaties and partners, but by the internal strength of each member individually. Ivan is the means.

This is why I have chosen New Sith Order.

Edited by Frederic Bastiat

But here we are presented a third option to the choking treaty-web and to the stagnant rebellion of Vox Populi. I believe in a new way, one where the strength of an alliance will not be by its treaties and partners, but by the internal strength of each member individually. Ivan is the means.

Forth

Option 1- MDP web alliances

Option 2- Vox ( fighting )

Option 3- Blackstone something ( being a really bad spy )

Option 4- You

Yes this was necessary

Forth

Option 1- MDP web alliances

Option 2- Vox ( fighting )

Option 3- Blackstone something ( being a really bad spy )

Option 4- You

Yes this was necessary

Option Five: Honor your treaties, keep them few, make your true allies and friends your only partners, and stand for something more than your own survival.

Option Five: Honor your treaties, keep them few, make your true allies and friends your only partners, and stand for something more than your own survival.

Well I would slot that in 2 and bump everything else down :P

lol you and your outdated concepts of honor :rolleyes:

i do miss the simpler times, when treaties were actually worth more than the ink they are written on.

Brown Sphere? Really?

>_>

Them's fighting words. Best get big, son.

:jihad:

Also, I recommend both the master and the apprentice stop by the CD boards for a trade circle. Unless they have silly resources.

In short, yes. The official start of the war which lead to the defeat of the NpO and many of her allies was started because an alliance, Hyperion, unknowingly accepted a member that was apparently on a few ZI lists.

One time the GPA masked a guy as a prospective/non-member. The NPO attacked and kept them under surrender terms for over a year. Another time we found out GATO had at one point in time, done the same, and they are still under permanent viceroy.

The whole reason the NPO and her allies cast people out is to prevent them from being able to play the game. So by allowing them to play the game, you defy them. I think you know what happens when you do that. Anyway, I think that is all crap and I would love to see that changed. We'll be in touch as well. I am just explaining why I feel you will need to be very careful is all.

that only applies to alliances no one likes, didn't you know that?

And the race to provide NSO with its philosophical blowhard is on.

Count da Silva, balls in your court. Here's a tip: don't pull yours from the works of others, like our new friend Monsieur Bastiat.

How can Bastiat possibly steal from himself? And why the need to troll already? Don't you have some wallpapering to do over at GR?

And the race to provide NSO with its philosophical blowhard is on.

Count da Silva, balls in your court. Here's a tip: don't pull yours from the works of others, like our new friend Monsieur Bastiat.

I don't wish to disappoint the legions of fans awaiting walls of text but, unfortunately, I am no philosopher nor do I plan to write like one.

In response to the new options proposed to my original three: I do not know blackstone nor do I care, and the age of honouring a few treaties and remaining free is over.

Edited by Frederic Bastiat